2024 Transfer Portal

The NFL has successful argued that they can put a minimum age / class limit on players entering the league for health / safety / liability reasons. The NCAA should similarly institute a maximum age for the same reasons.
Wouldn't look good for the NCAA to stipulate a max age when the NFL is full of players older than that.

Wouldn't look good for the NCAA to stipulate a max age when the NFL is full of players older than that.
Per the NFL's argument which has been successful argued in court, it is the older, bigger, stronger players in their prime athletically that make it unsafe for the younger players, not the other way around. The NCAA could use this same argument to justify an age limit to protect the safety of younger players.

Per the NFL's argument which has been successful argued in court, it is the older, bigger, stronger players in their prime athletically that make it unsafe for the younger players, not the other way around. The NCAA could use this same argument to justify an age limit to protect the safety of younger players.
Good answer.

How does a 32 year old place kicker or QB make it unsafe for younger players? What about a receiver? The NCAA has already allowed older players to participate (former Army guys even) with no noteworthy danger to anyone. I don't see the NCAA being able to make this argument successfully in court if the money guys want it different. NFL did what they did because that was what the money guys wanted.

If that is the argument, FBS teams shouldn't be playing FCS teams

They already allow BYU to enroll players, let them do their "mission" for a few years, then have all their eligibility after they come back.

I am not arguing for it, but if the NCAA wants a way to limit eligibility and they are not allowed to do it otherwise this is how they could do it.

Yep. A bit of a surprise considering his lead recruiter at Bama is now at uga. Smart decision by the kid.

uga boards are in absolute meltdown. Comedy gold.
Over a safety? I doubt 99% of UGAg fans legit care. If it were a 6'6", 340 lb dominant DT, they might care.

Yep. A bit of a surprise considering his lead recruiter at Bama is now at uga. Smart decision by the kid.

I know it’s easy to say this now but I actually was going to guess he ended up there. They are getting SERIOUS about their NIL spending.

The kid’s family is mad at UGA for not offering his older brother. Blood is thicker than water.

Over a safety? I doubt 99% of UGAg fans legit care. If it were a 6'6", 340 lb dominant DT, they might care.

I mean he’s penciled in as a 1st round pick the second he’s draft eligible. Believe he was a 2nd team all American as a true frosh this year.

They care. Yes it is irrational that they care but that isn’t stopping them.

They have been talking about it for 3 days now (before it happened, worried that OSU was going to steal him)

I know it’s easy to say this now but I actually was going to guess he ended up there. They are getting SERIOUS about their NIL spending.
And to that point, it looks like 2024 5* #2 rated QB Julian Sayin is joining Downs at tOSU. It’s tOSU or USC, and projections are 99% tOSU. Kid literally just stepped on campus at Bama and will be elsewhere in 4 months.

Back