2025 Recruiting

I always thought Lumpkin was a funny name for a county every time I passed through it on my way to St George Island

I always thought Lumpkin was a funny name for a county every time I passed through it on my way to St George Island
The Oompa Lumpkins were an early tribal group of the Georgian cacao orchards

Look at the teams ahead and behind GT currently (using Rivals)

Ahead:

#6 Rutgers
#14 Syracuse
#15 Duke

Behind GT and others above who are more than likely to finish ahead based on annual rankings:

#20 Ole Miss
#22 Oregon
#23 Texas
#32 Michigan
#33 South Carolina
#36 UNC
#38 UK
#42 Miami
#45 UofL
#57 FSU
#71 UF

GT averages around #30-35 as a strong class. If GT can land 2-4 more 4* players, they have a real shot at finishing #20-25.
Thats the improvement in recruiting I really am looking for this cycle, get into the mid-20’s

Need to look at everything in perspective. The O/U on the current 19 commits all signing is probably 14. Always movement in the fall heading into December. It will be interesting to see what the final number of HS signees is with the combination of early Portal signees. I’ll go with the averages and say GT will sign 5 from the Portal and probably around 23 from HS.

GT will likely finish in the Top 30-35 range. Very good class again for this staff.

3star 6'3 265 Derry Norris committed
welcome to atlanta
huge offer list

This is turning into a foundational class
It will be interesting to see the new age recruiting classes in the NIL, Portal era, and what % actually stay 3-5 years at the school they originally sign with. Going to be hard to develop chemistry and depth for a lot of teams if the movement continues as it has the last few years.

Back