I give the benefit of the doubt to this player. I just do t give much to Coach Johnson who has been winning 7 games per season with a whole bunch of these players. Some of them turn out to be very good players, but the majority do not. That's a fact, Jack.

So you're saying the kid may or may not be good but Johnson def sucks bc the kid may or may not be good. Solid

I'm saying the likelihood of a bunch of 2*'s performing well enough to win championships is low. I have a decent amount of W-L records that back me up. What do you have?

My point this entire thread has been that it is hard to get excited about recruiting more of the same level of players that have been winning us 6-8 games per year.

And again I'll say that I am extremely happy and excited for this young man to have an opportunity like this. I know he has worked hard and I'm proud for him. I'm always proud when a kid gets accepted to GT and decides to go there, whether he's a football player or a future civil engineer. My apologies to Jalen if he reads my posts and feels I'm being mean spirited towards him. Its really not my intent.

I'm saying the likelihood of a bunch of 2*'s performing well enough to win championships is low. I have a decent amount of W-L records that back me up. What do you have?

My point this entire thread has been that it is hard to get excited about recruiting more of the same level of players that have been winning us 6-8 games per year.

And again I'll say that I am extremely happy and excited for this young man to have an opportunity like this. I know he has worked hard and I'm proud for him. I'm always proud when a kid gets accepted to GT and decides to go there, whether he's a football player or a future civil engineer. My apologies to Jalen if he reads my posts and feels I'm being mean spirited towards him. Its really not my intent.

Here's the problem. This thread is about a particular recruit. Your third paragraph is appropriate for this thread. Your first two paragraphs (along with the rest of the douchebaggery in this thread,) while a defensible opinion, has no place what-so-ever in this particular thread. Why multiple fonts can't seem to understand this is beyond me.

What do I have? How about the fact that your "a bunch of 2 stars" argument is worthless starting this year. There two 2 stars in our entire starting lineup of 22 guys. That's Adam Gotsis, the kid from Australia, you think geography might have had something to do with his rating? And Godhigh who was a walk-on who has earned his time. Of the 11 guys on D all but 2 received at least one SEC offer, many received more. One of those was Gotsis, the other was that Sneezy kid who has been ranked as high as 20 on pre-season draft boards. "Oh but those boards don't matter" well if the recruiting rankings matter then that öööö board does. In the offensive backfield we have Bostic, a four star with offers from everywhere, Sims a highly ranked 3 star with offers from everywhere and Vad Lee who was in the ESPN 150. Oh and lets not even mention Justin Thomas, or the fact that 3 of our O-Line have SEC offers with Beno not being one but having an offer from Miami. Where the hell are all these 2 stars you are talking about? They are now gone, look at the ööööing roster before you open your dumbass mouth.

What do I have? How about the fact that your "a bunch of 2 stars" argument is worthless starting this year. There two 2 stars in our entire starting lineup of 22 guys. That's Adam Gotsis, the kid from Australia, you think geography might have had something to do with his rating? And Godhigh who was a walk-on who has earned his time. Of the 11 guys on D all but 2 received at least one SEC offer, many received more. One of those was Gotsis, the other was that Sneezy kid who has been ranked as high as 20 on pre-season draft boards. "Oh but those boards don't matter" well if the recruiting rankings matter then that öööö board does. In the offensive backfield we have Bostic, a four star with offers from everywhere, Sims a highly ranked 3 star with offers from everywhere and Vad Lee who was in the ESPN 150. Oh and lets not even mention Justin Thomas, or the fact that 3 of our O-Line have SEC offers with Beno not being one but having an offer from Miami. Where the hell are all these 2 stars you are talking about? They are now gone, look at the ööööing roster before you open your dumbass mouth.

So there's approximately a 2/22 chance this guy starts for a mediocre squad? Is that your point?

So there's approximately a 2/22 chance this guy starts for a mediocre squad? Is that your point?

5/53 chance he evens makes the 2 deep. My point is that once again Tech fans forget that our senior class last year was a recruiting class thrown together rapidly and filled out with 2 stars. Tech fans have not done there research (shocking) and therefor do not realize that less than 10% are now 2 stars.

So we actually went 7-7 last year with a bunch of 3*'s?

Oh, well then forgive me. I guess we are trying something different this year.

So we actually went 7-7 last year with a bunch of 3*'s?

Oh, well then forgive me. I guess we are trying something different this year.

You really knocked that one out of the park.

Ok I'm going to spell it out for you. I said starting this year. I mentioned that last year was a senior class of 2 stars and gave you valid reasons why. If you contact Tech you should be able to get your money back for your degree.

Do you just make ish up? Miles and Jalen have not yet been evaluated and have not yet been assigned stars by scout. Both are 3 stars on 247.

Congratulations Sherlock, you figured out I was bullshitting you. Now you have to figure out the why before I do something really evil.

No question about it.

ST has really gone downhill in the last commit and a half...

Re: Re: #3

I was thinking of starting a " has ST really gone downhill in the last one and a half commits" thread... you in?

:laugher:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Let's just hope that Auburn doesn't come along and recruit Johnson because, per the AJC, that's the offer he was "really" looking for ...... why don't I have a warm fuzzy about this kid ..... ?

Back