Yes please...just stop telling me that every 2* we get is under the radar and his tape looks really good against 5 10 white guys and that his measurables are looking good and he will have more offers come August...

This. well done sir, well done

Yes please...just stop telling me that every 2* we get is under the radar and his tape looks really good against 5 10 white guys and that his measurables are looking good and he will have more offers come August...

This is a gross exaggeration. There have been plenty of last minute two star grabs that most everybody agrees are reaches or big time projects.

This kid is a different story and he's an early offer as well. He was actually offered in February, so I highly doubt he's a reach to fill a slot. He's also an Alabama product and his recruiter is Pelton. (Can you connect the dots?)

This kid is not evidence that our recruiting sucks. Far from it.

This kid is not evidence that our recruiting sucks. Far from it.

Maybe, we'll see in four years. However the following indicators:

- Having a losing record against FBS teams over the past three years
- Getting thumped at home by a Sun Belt team
- Giving up 30,000 points per game
- Getting further and further from competitive with UGAy
- Having only one all-ACC player in each of the last two years
- Having zero players drafted this year

all speak to our recruiting sucking llama balls.

you are the one that is "simply wrong". its very simple: before players are evaluated they are 2-stars. so they could well become a 4-star when they actually get evaluated

this is not only common sense, but also common knowledge and has been posted in this thread already

Nobody on here has a clue whether this kid, or any other kid has been evaluated.

What the recruiting sites are pretty good at is recognizing top end talent and we haven't been getting much of it lately, and it shows on the field. But hey, well just keep doing the same things and expect it to get better...

Nobody on here has a clue whether this kid, or any other kid has been evaluated.

What the recruiting sites are pretty good at is recognizing top end talent and we haven't been getting much of it lately, and it shows on the field. But hey, well just keep doing the same things and expect it to get better...

Exactly!

Tech people like to call themselves innovative, except when it comes to taking steps to developing athletic programs that are not an embarrassment.

Exactly!

Tech people like to call themselves innovative, except when it comes to taking steps to developing athletic programs that are not an embarrassment.

Watch it...a couple of highly intelligent people are about to come tell you why it can't be done.

Re: Re: #3

Exactly!

An embarrassment? That seems like a pretty dramatic overstatement.

I mean, we crack the top 25 most seasons, we have one of the longest bowl streaks in the nation, we won our conference just three years ago, and we've won at least a share of our division two out of the past five years (three if you count last year.)

Do we have a great program? No. But if we should be embarrassed by our program then I guess there are a whole lot of schools (as in most of the country) who should be worse than embarrassed by theirs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly!

Am I disappointed with our recruiting? Yes. Is techs football team an embarresment? Hell no. We are top 25 most years, Have a storied tradition, And go to bowl games year in and out. We are by no means an embarresment. If you want to see embarrassing, go watch Kansas or Idaho or someone who gets raped year in and out. It's the offseason, nothing is as good or bad as it seems. Chill bro

I wouldn't call GT football an embarrassment except for once a year. In reality GT does very well in the worst BCS conference left. Finishing well in conference has kept GT fans content for a long time...but I think the shine is wearing thin.

That's right, nobody on here has a clue whether this kid, or any other kid has been evaluated.

You assume that if Rivals hasn't ranked him, he must not be a top talent. Others assume that if GT got an offer out to him in February that he must be pretty high on their list.

Now it may be that Roof and Pelton don't really know the High School coaches in Alabama, not even Don Jacobs, well enough to know what kind of kid he is. I'm of the opinion that giving him the benefit of the doubt is more reasonable, but by all means hate on GT coaches and GT recruits because Rivals hasn't ranked him yet if it makes you feel better.

An embarrassment? That seems like a pretty dramatic overstatement.

I mean, we crack the top 25 most seasons, we have one of the longest bowl streaks in the nation, we won our conference just three years ago, and we've won at least a share of our division two out of the past five years (three if you count last year.)

Why not count last year? We were division champs, and if the other two hadn't been caught cheating then we would've been co-champs.

Why not count last year? We were division champs, and if the other two hadn't been caught cheating then we would've been co-champs.

I love this argument. People act as if Miami and UNC just gave us the championship when we all finished with the same conference record and all beat each other. But when you here people talk you would think Miami was 8-0 in conference.

That's right, nobody on here has a clue whether this kid, or any other kid has been evaluated.

You assume that if Rivals hasn't ranked him, he must not be a top talent. Others assume that if GT got an offer out to him in February that he must be pretty high on their list.

Now it may be that Roof and Pelton don't really know the High School coaches in Alabama, not even Don Jacobs, well enough to know what kind of kid he is. I'm of the opinion that giving him the benefit of the doubt is more reasonable, but by all means hate on GT coaches and GT recruits because Rivals hasn't ranked him yet if it makes you feel better.

I give the benefit of the doubt to this player. I just do t give much to Coach Johnson who has been winning 7 games per season with a whole bunch of these players. Some of them turn out to be very good players, but the majority do not. That's a fact, Jack.

I doubt it. I know that he was heavily recruited by Oregon. Was supposed to go there until geno ----- or some other really good qb committed.

He was a 3 star, Thomas rated higher in his respective class than Manziel did in his. Lee was rated higher on ESPNs list. The QB you're thinking of is probably Mariota, he's pretty öööö good too.

Re: Re: #3

You're right, my mistake.

Back