Guys,
Just on his stats the guy is a PLAYA.50+ catches as a SOPH! and JR! Lots of ints.
Plays on one the top teams in Ala and is one of the big reasons it is good.
We've recruited a LOT worse than he by any measure-er,ck your WR last yr.

Oh yeah,"Mom, Dad, I committed to GT...quick!!! Off to StingTalk!! Gotta see what those douchebags think"

A lot recruits and their families come on here and read. If you think it doesn't have any type of affect good or bad at all, you're wrong.

Guys,
Just on his stats the guy is a PLAYA.50+ catches as a SOPH! and JR! Lots of ints.
Plays on one the top teams in Ala and is one of the big reasons it is good.
We've recruited a LOT worse than he by any measure-er,ck your WR last yr.

I don't care if he's Calvin Johnson, Jadeveon Clowney and Johnny Football rolled into one and can play both sides for 60 straight minutes.

He's only got two stars.

That's half as many as a player with four stars and something less than half as many as a five-star so he can't be more than 50% better than a four star player and we ain't gonna win any national championships with players half as good as other players.

No, not serious.

A lot recruits and their families come on here and read. If you think it doesn't have any type of affect good or bad at all, you're wrong.

If they're smart they shouldn't give a crap what a few fans have to say anyway. If they make a decision based on what a few fans say then shame on them, they're idiots.

You do realize that the star rating system is subjective and does not always correctly identify the talent level of each individual player. You do realize that there is a whole industry that has been built up by the rating services that is totally influenced and bias towards any student athlete that has drawn the attention of the traditional football factory schools so that said services can cater to the largest number of potential prospective consumers of their bullshit.

You do realize that everything that is said on ESPN and the internet in general is not 100% accurate and you should not base your happiness or satisfaction with what is transpiring in recruiting or life in general on their claims of authenticity and accuracy. You do realize that less than half of the 5 star rated prospects ever even make first string on their college teams and less than 10% turn professional. You do realize that these ratings services do not take into account a young man's academic achievement nor his character. You do realize that less than 10% of these 5 star rated kids could meet the academic and or personal character requirements necessary to gain admittance to Georgia Tech.

Bottom Line, the majority of this thread is crap that has no basis in reality. It is the childish expression of a few whiny ass so called Tech fans that do not know their ass from third base. You may now carry on with your bullshit.

Go Jackets!

This is getting out of hand.

Based on the highlight film only, he reminds me of Tarrant. In man coverage he seemed to struggle a bit with allowing too much separation. He has some speed to make up for it, but needs to work on that at this level. Seemed to do a good job of reading the qb, but it is a highlight film so there's a bit of sample bias. The two plays at WR showed a good job of using hands to create space.

I'm anxious to get some commits that make other recruits take notice.

You are absolutely correct that a positive perception of a recruiting class attracts good recruits. We've seen it time and time again. Classes get momentum and snowball.

That's what's particularly damaging about a thread like this. We basically have 3 or 4 posters trashing what is a very early, mostly unranked recruit who likely has not been evaluated by a number of schools, and definitely hasn't been evaluated by ESPN & Rivals.

If I'm recruiting against GT I send a kid a link to this thread and say this how GT recruiting is going....you don't want to go there. Bad energy.

To say this kid is a 2-star is a bold-faced lie. Right now 1 service (Scout who is known to use 2-star as a placeholder prior to evaluation for D-1 comittted guys) has him as a 2-star. 247 has him as a 3-star. Rivals & ESPN haven't ranked him yet. Even if he had been ranked we see kids get bumped up and down in the months before signing day all the time.

The other safety from Maryland we took before spring practice and there was the same reaction. He's unranked! Nobody else has offered! Well, subsequently he's gotten some solid offers and is a 3-star. Good looking recruit with good film.

If Johnson was a unanimously ranked 2-star with no other solid offers on signing day then yes, that's a huge concern.

Until then all you freaks are doing is casting an unfairly non-fact based negative pall around GT recruiting that makes it harder to attract good prospects.

Are you really GT fans?

You are absolutely correct that a positive perception of a recruiting class attracts good recruits. We've seen it time and time again. Classes get momentum and snowball.

That's what's particularly damaging about a thread like this. We basically have 3 or 4 posters trashing what is a very early, mostly unranked recruit who likely has not been evaluated by a number of schools, and definitely hasn't been evaluated by ESPN & Rivals.

If I'm recruiting against GT I send a kid a link to this thread and say this how GT recruiting is going....you don't want to go there. Bad energy.

To say this kid is a 2-star is a bold-faced lie. Right now 1 service (Scout who is known to use 2-star as a placeholder prior to evaluation for D-1 comittted guys) has him as a 2-star. 247 has him as a 3-star. Rivals & ESPN haven't ranked him yet. Even if he had been ranked we see kids get bumped up and down in the months before signing day all the time.

The other safety from Maryland we took before spring practice and there was the same reaction. He's unranked! Nobody else has offered! Well, subsequently he's gotten some solid offers and is a 3-star. Good looking recruit with good film.

If Johnson was a unanimously ranked 2-star with no other solid offers on signing day then yes, that's a huge concern.

Until then all you freaks are doing is casting an unfairly non-fact based negative pall around GT recruiting that makes it harder to attract good prospects.

Are you really GT fans?

This same thread can be found on forums for every öööö school. Quit bein so effing melodramatic.

The older Tech fan is the most delusional being on the planet. StingTalk is tame compared to other schools forums and what other fans tweet.

Get a grip.

Well there you have it...it's apparent that the recruiting problems with GT have nothing to do with Paul Johnson and his staff, its StingTalk!! What do you ööööers have to say for yourselves....

Correction is in fact a 2 star on Rivals although KQ has already stated this kid slipped through the cracks in evaluations and is likely to be a 3-star.

Thanks etc 79...your response shows you have no response and essentially admit you are a d-bag.

Now that I have that taken care of....I believe the annual loss to the mutts hurts recruiting worse than me typing an opinion on ST.

Correction is in fact a 2 star on Rivals although KQ has already stated this kid slipped through the cracks in evaluations and is likely to be a 3-star.

Thanks etc 79...your response shows you have no response and essentially admit you are a d-bag.

Please see above....your tampon is apparently in the wrong hole

Let me take you on a tour of The Hive:

ox4edGo.png

You are the worst drawer of penises on the Internet.

Well there you have it...it's apparent that the recruiting problems with GT have nothing to do with Paul Johnson and his staff, its StingTalk!! What do you ööööers have to say for yourselves....

GT's recruiting problems have everything to do with CPJ and his staff.

This thread is about the recruit Johnson who is a good-looking prospect and will get his due before it's all over.

If you want to complain about GT recruiting cool, I'll probably agree with you in another thread. I think recruiting has sucked and needs to be better. However there's nothing to indicate THIS recruit won't get more offers, more stars, and be a fine player for us. Good film, good measurables.

It's really just common sense. Dunno what your problem is.

I have to dispute the premise of this statement.

Saban has put more 4*/5* players in the NFL because he has more 4*/5* players.

I would rephrase the question to which coach is more likely to turn a 2* into an NFL player. If I'm wrong then I will humbly admit it but today/right now I don't think for a second that Johnson knows any less than Saban about how to turn a kid into a football player.

If Saban were at Tech and Johnson were at Alabama you might find that CPJ is the NFL pipeline and Saban is the few-and-far-between.

I would take Saban at talent development any day over Paul. 4-5 star ranking means there is something there, but you have to still coach the crap out of it. Yes I agree, Saban is a ton better recruiter and that gives him a better chance, I do believe stars do matter to a degree (not full proof but stats show 70%+ reliable); but Nick has EARNED the benefit of a doubt when he lands a 2 start there must be something there, whereas paul hasn't EARNED anything in that regard. And we are talking about the persons statement that says when Nick lands a 2 star its ok etc, and when Paul does the sky is falling. There is a reason for that.

With all that said this kid is a 3-3.5 star talent.

Back