Lol you people are ridiculous.

Can we just not welcome him to the flats???

What a bunch of kiddie wimpy baby whiners.

end-times-jill-greenberg-6.jpg

If they look up "Georgia Tech Message Boards", Stingtalk is the #2 result. The Hive is #1.

Why is The Hive the first search result? That site is AWFUL--it is just a generic ad-filled forum subsection of Scout.com . I am embarrassed that Tech fans, who should be computer literate, would choose that öööö.

Let me take you on a tour of The Hive:

ox4edGo.png

The problem is that there are thousands of 2 star players every year teams evaluate. Not all 2 stars are created equally. We've had 2 star guys make the NFL and had 2 star guys who never crack the 2 deep.

The rankings mean so much less than the ability of the coaches to evaluate a players real potential.

CPJ has to gain fans' trust that he and his staff can find contributors that aren't 3-5 stars. He has not done a good job of that. For all of CCG's faults, he had some 2 stars that became studs.

We need CPJ to put together a balanced class with a couple of 4's, a majority of 3's and 2's that can contribute and maybe excel.

All of that said, people who crap on a commitment based on an early list of offers are doing the kid and the school a huge disservice. Let things evolve and revisit rankings and offers after the new year. That is when you can legitimately critique a class's makeup.

I think he has done a pretty good job of doing that with fans. Last year, here were the points/game against conference opponents:
CU 46.5
FSU 37.7
UNC 37.3
GT 37.2
UM 35.4

When you look points/possession, we did better than at least CU and FSU. So our offense is scoring as well as teams who are recruiting much better than us.

Last year we averaged 441 yards/game. Of those Tevin, Zach, Zenon and Godhigh accounted for 231 yards/game or more than half. So 2* players accounted for over half the yards/game of the 35th best offense in the country. I'm not sure what more evidence you're looking for.

And one of our great linebackers from a few years ago was only a 2* on Rivals, Sed Griffin, and I think everybody would agree that that guy was a baller.

For the record. I was just being a dick. I like the kids tape. Anyone the staff takes this early is a contributor. If he wasn't the staff would be slow playing him like a few of the other DB offers they have out. I'm not gunna lie and say Im as excited as when Morgan Burnett committed, but he's not a bad get. Welcome to the flats.

shut the öööö up you were absolutley not "just being a dick" you are now, now that you've actually seen the kid and you're covering your ass. This is one reason why I ööööing hate internet forums. People can say whatever they want and then when they come out looking like a complete ass they can just say, "Chill out, bragh! I was just trollin' lulz!"

Congrats on a great decision for football and your future Mr. Johnson! Happy to have him, looks like he has great football speed.

Are there other fanbases/boards that can go into meltdown mode over football during the offseason?

Why is The Hive the first search result? That site is AWFUL--it is just a generic ad-filled forum subsection of Scout.com . I am embarrassed that Tech fans, who should be computer literate, would choose that öööö.
Interesting screen shot. One thing I didn't see a big red circle around were any posts trashing our recruits or players. Don't bother going back and looking for them - you won't find any.

Then don't go there. This site can sure sound like it's made up of people that don't like the Hive.

A lot more posters on the hive than on here. There is a reason why. Most posters here have been run off through the years. :biggrin:

Are there other fanbases/boards that can go into meltdown mode over football during the offseason?

Uh, all of them. Big time fanbases get pissed when they get a verbal from a three star with mid major offers. Guys we'd consider big gets.

Go peruse other boards and you'll see we are actually fairly sane in comparison.

Pay attention closer to signing day on this one :cool:

Johnson got an early scholarship offer from Georgia Tech in March, and had been waiting to see if Auburn would offer. He said he’s finished with recruiting after Thursday’s announcement.

Congrats to the young man and welcome to the Flats. Here's hoping you have a great career at the Institute..

Interesting psychological study, every bit of news, no matter how big or small, how important or trivial, devolves into a bitter mud slinging session between the "won't settle for mediocritites" and the "settle for mediocritites."

If someone posted Vad has a blister on his pinky toe, it would do the same.

This is what happens in Congress and, it too, is just as dysfunctional.

Interesting psychological study, every bit of news, no matter how big or small, how important or trivial, devolves into a bitter mud slinging session between the "won't settle for mediocritites" and the "settle for mediocritites."

If someone posted Vad has a blister on his pinky toe, it would do the same.

This is what happens in Congress and, it too, is just as dysfunctional.

Did someone say Vad has a blister on his pinky toe????

I'll just leave this here...

RcqOc49.jpg

RcqOc49

I can't believe nobody has commented on this yet. If Bama offers a kid out of left field with no ranking, no stars, no impressive offer list, Saben is viewed as a genius spotter of talent. If CPJ does it, he's an idiot.

I can't believe nobody has commented on this yet. If Bama offers a kid out of left field with no ranking, no stars, no impressive offer list, Saben is viewed as a genius spotter of talent. If CPJ does it, he's an idiot.

That's because for every 2* Saban gets, 20 5*'s commit.

And please don't try and compare the two...that's embarrasing...

Back