This is like dejavu....every year we get some 2* and we have someone come on here to give us a handful of 2*'s who were mediocre. I don't want anymore Tevins or Tony's or Laskey's, I want more Nesbitts, and Dwyers

+10000
Bravo

No, what I expect is for Tech fans to refrain from making unkind remarks about a young man that our coaches think is good enough to start for our team at some point - a young man who just made the biggest decision of his young life.

Then, sure enough, simply because Nick Saban isn't giving his father a hummer, a certain contingent of fans feel it is appropriate to take a big, steaming dump on what should be an event we are all pretty happy about.

And its particularly frustrating when some of the more learned members of Stingtalk provide some reasonable explanations as to why a prelim rating and an early offer list might not be indicative of the true value of a given recruit and the negative Nancy's just completely ignore them.

Ok, we get it. You aren't happy. Duly noted. Thanks.

[/ööööingthread]

So let me guess, this thread will be bumped in 8 months when Auburn, Tennessee, Vandy & Arkansas all offer and he shows mutual interest. If he commits to one of those schools, you all will be crying all offseason about how we lose all the good recruits. Then 2-3 yrs later we will looking and talking about "what if" when we see this guy as a preseason All-ACC/SEC. Do I have the ST recruiting script correct?
You mean when those schools are on their C and D list and they swoop in and take our guys? They don't do it cause they discovered our guys. They do it because they whiffed on their better targets and have to fill a slot.

The same thing we do by taking unrated guys at the end of the cycle.

I'll just leave this here...

RcqOc49.jpg

RcqOc49

STFU. Just so you know Trey Flowers who we "stole" from UAB and had no big time offers and is now killing it in the SEC. The staff knows what they are doing so please stop bashing the kids. Also just so you know recruits read these boards.

Same excuses different year...

more sad than interesting, really. i bet those that complain the most are average at best at whatever they do in the real world

nashville jacket, for example, is actually a below average performer at the local Arby's. He tried to transfer to McDonald's but they rejected him

What's sad is when so called fans have to bash other fans to try and justify the poor recruiting results we've seen the last few years.

You expect some öööös and giggles when we beat out ööööing furman for a recruit?

I have to assume that you are trolling and are not really this stupid. At least I hope so.

We're 7 months from signing day. First, this kid might not even sign with GT. Second it's obvious from his film & measurables he'll get more D-1 offers. Third Rivals hasn't even evaluated him and with Scout it's unclear if he's been evaluated because they often give 2 stars as a placemarker to unevaluated recruits.

Because you should know better you people just come off as complete idiots.

If February 1st rolls around and he signs with GT over Furman then yeah, I'd be questioning this guy also. Right now it just looks like you are either an idiot or a jackarse (or both).

What's sad is when so called fans have to bash other fans
That's not sad - the other fan is here and can defend himself.

What's sad is when so-called fans bash a kid who wants to play football for their team -a kid about whom they know absolutely nothing - a kid who is not here to defend himself or whose parents or HS coaches or teachers or GT recruiters are not here to defend him.

That, my friend, is sad.

What's sad is when so called fans have to bash other fans to try and justify the poor recruiting results we've seen the last few years.

No it's sad when people use a way-too-early-to-evaluate verbal commitment as "evidence" that poor recruiting results are continuing.

I actually agree we've had poor recruiting results (especially 2008, 2009, & 2010).

All you do is lose credibility when you raise a stink over an early commitment. Some school has to take the plunge and be the first big school to offer. If they didn't no recruits would have big offers.

Based on film & measurables this guy will be 3-stars on rivals and have several offers from other solid D-1 programs. As far as Scout goes if you even pay attention to their rankings it shows you have no idea what's going on.

This is the same type of kid we end up losing late in the game when vandy comes calling. People are tiredof being the only good offer of kids when they commit. I'm sure as hell tired of losing guys to Mississippi state and ööööing Arkansas.

I'm not saying this kid is going to decommit and he nay very well end up being a solid contributor, but we've seen this script before. I'm anxious to get some commits that make other recruits take notice.

Back