From Scout
http://georgiatech.scout.com/a.z?s=140&p=8&c=1&nid=6064148
2012: As a junior, Johnson hauled in 57 passes for 900 yards including 14 touchdowns. Defensively, he notched 88 tackles from the secondary to go along with five interceptions and a sack. For the second straight year, Johnson's team played for the 4A state championship and finished as the runner-ups.

South Showcase Combine (4.22.12):
40: 4.5
Shuttle: 4.38
SBJ: 9-1.5

2011: Johnson had 58 catches for 944 yards with 15 touchdowns as a sophomore. He had 55 total tackles on defense with 22 solo, three tackles for a loss, four interceptions with returns for 42 yards. Johnson's team played for the 4A state championship against Jackson.

2 stars!! Whoop whoop!!

STFU. Just so you know Trey Flowers who we "stole" from UAB and had no big time offers and is now killing it in the SEC. The staff knows what they are doing so please stop bashing the kids. Also just so you know recruits read these boards.

Just a reminder, recruits do their homework before they pull the trigger. (Hopefully most do, although the transfers recently show that they have a tough time sticking to their decision.) If they look up "Georgia Tech Message Boards", Stingtalk is the #2 result. The Hive is #1. So great. Now the recruits see that the fan base is bipolar. Might influence the recruits to do a little more looking.

Simple idea: Accept the athletes that want to contribute to the school you cheer for. They have a choice where they play. If you don't want a 2* rated player from some recruiting service that hasn't had the time to evaluate, then get over it or cheer for the Dwags.

Just a reminder, recruits do their homework before they pull the trigger. (Hopefully most do, although the transfers recently show that they have a tough time sticking to their decision.) If they look up "Georgia Tech Message Boards", Stingtalk is the #2 result. The Hive is #1. So great. Now the recruits see that the fan base is bipolar. Might influence the recruits to do a little more looking.

Simple idea: Accept the athletes that want to contribute to the school you cheer for. They have a choice where they play. If you don't want a 2* rated player from some recruiting service that hasn't had the time to evaluate, then get over it or cheer for the Dwags.

I am with you! Welcome to GT Mr. Johnson!!

So wait, you guys öööö on the great recruiter CMP first commit? Interesting

more sad than interesting, really. i bet those that complain the most are average at best at whatever they do in the real world

nashville jacket, for example, is actually a below average performer at the local Arby's. He tried to transfer to McDonald's but they rejected him

Some of you guys are seriously bringing down the mood around here. When someone commits in what figures to be our largest class in a long time, I expect to see some enthusiasm.

You expect some öööös and giggles when we beat out ööööing furman for a recruit? That's like getting worked up when the doctor says you have to get an xray. It's just not a big deal. Nothing to see here folks move along

Re: Re: #3

You expect some öööös and giggles when we beat out ööööing furman for a recruit? That's like getting worked up when the doctor says you have to get an xray. It's just not a big deal. Nothing to see here folks move along
It's freaking May. The offers will start coming in in a few months after camps... FSU, Vandy Etc. Are interested in him but haven't offered yet. Chill.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

welcome to the flats, johnson!

since the guy has hands, whats the chance that he plays safety over cb? or will he end up at wr because of depth?

On a side note, he committed as a DB. From his tape, I like him alot better there than at WR. He's a safety with some decent size, and he's got some other intangibles to work with. Decent prospect imo

We could hire Nick Saban as our recruiting coach and then he could sign an entire class of 5* recruits and people would still bitch that we didn't get a single 6* recruit...

I don't have silverlight(Who the öööö still uses that öööö?) so I couldn't watch the video but welcome to the flats anyway.

Re: Re: #3

welcome to the flats, johnson!

since the guy has hands, whats the chance that he plays safety over cb? or will he end up at wr because of depth?
Unless he's just really good at WR I'd guess secondary with Pod Lou and Isaiah graduating

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So let me guess, this thread will be bumped in 8 months when Auburn, Tennessee, Vandy & Arkansas all offer and he shows mutual interest. If he commits to one of those schools, you all will be crying all offseason about how we lose all the good recruits. Then 2-3 yrs later we will looking and talking about "what if" when we see this guy as a preseason All-ACC/SEC. Do I have the ST recruiting script correct?

We have former players and current players that read these boards. I'm sure some of them had Furman offers. By all means, trash them.

With that being said, last season we had a few 2* recruits from Alabama on the roster (per Scout): Orwin Smith, Deon Hill, Jamal Golden, Corey Dennis. (Notably absent: Tevin Washington and TJ Barnes who were 3*)

We have former players and current players that read these boards. I'm sure some of them had Furman offers. By all means, trash them.

With that being said, last season we had a few 2* recruits from Alabama on the roster (per Scout): Orwin Smith, Deon Hill, Jamal Golden, Corey Dennis. (Notably absent: Tevin Washington and TJ Barnes who were 3*)

Tevin was 2* on Rivals. As was Julian Burnett, Tony Zenon, and Zach Laskey.

You expect some öööös and giggles when we beat out ööööing furman for a recruit?
No, what I expect is for Tech fans to refrain from making unkind remarks about a young man that our coaches think is good enough to start for our team at some point - a young man who just made the biggest decision of his young life.

Then, sure enough, simply because Nick Saban isn't giving his father a hummer, a certain contingent of fans feel it is appropriate to take a big, steaming dump on what should be an event we are all pretty happy about.

And its particularly frustrating when some of the more learned members of Stingtalk provide some reasonable explanations as to why a prelim rating and an early offer list might not be indicative of the true value of a given recruit and the negative Nancy's just completely ignore them.

Ok, we get it. You aren't happy. Duly noted. Thanks.

Tevin was 2* on Rivals. As was Julian Burnett, Tony Zenon, and Zach Laskey.

This is like dejavu....every year we get some 2* and we have someone come on here to give us a handful of 2*'s who were mediocre. I don't want anymore Tevins or Tony's or Laskey's, I want more Nesbitts, and Dwyers

Back