4 years ago on this day

1670464904565.jpeg

Did we ever figure out exactly what the öööö was up with the heel raise??

This popped up on my FB Memories today. I’m not proud that I fell for the juice hype, but it is what it is and better days lie ahead.

8ECEA6A1-CAC3-42F3-86F6-9D23921A0B08.jpeg

Offering as NFT. Starting bid fiddy.

FB_IMG_1670456895809.jpg
I have gotten feedback that a lot of Stingtalk wives, girlfriends and moms are having sexy time fantasies about this pic. I suggest changing your passwords and making sure your wives, girlfriends, and moms are not peering over your shoulder as you view Stingtalk. Mods may want to label this thread as NSFWGFM (Not Safe For Wives Girlfriends Moms)

What were you more excited for? The hiring of Collins, or the hiring of Batt?

(I think most fans were pretty stoked w Collins at the time. He spoke all the right things)

(I think most fans were pretty stoked w Collins at the time. He spoke all the right things)

I wouldn't say I was stoked. Right from the bat my dad and I both said that Collins rubbed us the wrong way and came off as fake and difficult to root for, but maybe that's what it takes to recruit these days.

And I did buy into that at the beginning, when he had our name everywhere and looked like he really might turn us into the "cool" school. Turned out I was wrong.

Neither really, but Batt probably more. I've been pleasantly surprised by how fast he started.

I did not like the TFG hire from the beginning remembering that he left Tech under Gailey with a bit of a bad rep for self-promotion. Therefore, I was suspicious of him from the start. He reinforced that feeling early on and never changed.

Stan I was excited about. I had heard a lot of very good things about him and his early work seems to be good. IMPO, he jumped the shark when he bought in to the massive rebranding concept which I believe led to the hiring of TFG. Doing some things differently is one thing, and was probably needed, but the whole rebranding was over the top... again, IMPO.

For those who care, the reason that I felt this way was that CPJ had just come off a very good 10-year run (granted with some frustrating lows but also with some very nice highs) and I believed he needed more support, not to be pushed out the door. CPJ showed it could still be done at Tech, and he along with Ross, O'Leary, and even Gailey, to a large degree, all had good to very good success dating back 30 years to 1989. I felt, and still do, that Tech is not the anachronism some think, but we *do* have to do things in a way that fits with who we are as an institution. Being who we are, I believe that will always be the case.

Back