4 years ago on this day

For those of us that remember the EA NCAA Football franchise we were a 3 star program (borderline 4 star) when Collins was hired. We are currently a 1 star. A 1 star is equivalent to the North Texas’ and Idaho’s of the world.
Unreal that we’ve got to that point at Georgia F’n Tech.
These numbers are based off an online community who still updates the game yearly.
That’s just objectively stupid of them, a real EA game would never have GT as a 1-star program, that’s for the Georgia States and UTSA-type programs. 2-stars would be your Kansases and Vanderbilts. GT would still be a 3-star. A bad three-year stretch doesn’t demote you to borderline-FCS status.

Those guys are idiots

I wanted Art Briles. In that alternative time line, Tech won a national championship and went 4-0 vs uga, preventing them from making playoff appearances.
We lost the bidding war for his services to Mount Vernon High School. Really surprised Colorado didn't pick him up.

Never liked the hire at all. I felt his head coaching record was a two year stint where the program won, but at a reduced level than his predecessor. I did not like his negativity toward Johnson’s program. I hoped he could pull off recruiting at a high level. I certainly wanted him to succeed. But from The Citadel on it was a train wreck. His teams were ill prepared and seldom inspired. His best recruits seemed to have an attitude that playing hard and dinged up was somehow unnecessary. But, it is time to move on. We hired him. He tried. The Collins era is over. We move on. I certainly hope Key does not blame his problems on his predecessor, after all, his O-lines were a part of the mess. I do like that I see Brent moving forward with determination without coming in with excuses as to why little should be expected of him for years. We have been down before. Winning games on the ACC is not an impossible task. I am optimistic.
Reading between the lines, the O-Line problems were made worse by the Collins' practice routines and the Collins' preference for quick fix grad transfers. Based on Keys comments, he will build the OL going forward with recruits who are here for four or five years and have time to develop unit cohesion.

Back