404 Chant

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
But no one lives there either. People drive in because they love their team.
Look I live 700 miles away and have had season tickets for 25 years. Just stop.... The conversation was not about what we should or shouldn’t try; it is simply about the effectiveness when doing color outs with gold or white in the winter.

As to player comment about enthusiasm, Vpi is trending negatively. Watch and see how loud and full they are when going 7-5 for six years.

Also BDS used to be loud and fun. Now we have the quiet club section that intimidates no one, and the stupid piped in noise that ruins the natural fan involvement.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Look I live 700 miles away and have had season tickets for 25 years. Just stop.... The conversation was not about what we should or shouldn’t try; it is simply about the effectiveness when doing color outs with gold or white in the winter.

As to player comment about enthusiasm, Vpi is trending negatively. Watch and see how loud and full they are when going 7-5 for six years.

Also BDS used to be loud and fun. Now we have the quiet club section that intimidates no one, and the stupid piped in noise that ruins the natural fan involvement.
I think a lot of fans like well-time piped-in noise. But I agree the club seats have been a total failure from a game experience perspective. It's one thing for distant, upper deck or endzone seats to be empty on TV... but it looks crazy bad for the 50 yd line seats to be empty. GTAA needs to terminate that experiment.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
I think a lot of fans like well-time piped-in noise. But I agree the club seats have been a total failure from a game experience perspective. It's one thing for distant, upper deck or endzone seats to be empty on TV... but it looks crazy bad for the 50 yd line seats to be empty. GTAA needs to terminate that experiment.
That would be nice, but at this point they really can't. Those seats are sold out regardless of how full they are during the game and there's really nothing else to do with the infrastructure that's already there that wouldn't result in losing money. We're really stuck with them. At least the seats are gold.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
That would be nice, but at this point they really can't. Those seats are sold out regardless of how full they are during the game and there's really nothing else to do with the infrastructure that's already there that wouldn't result in losing money. We're really stuck with them. At least the seats are gold.
They could let you take your drink to your seat and could offer "table service" where you dont even have to get up to get it. Maybe they already do.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
They could let you take your drink to your seat and could offer "table service" where you dont even have to get up to get it. Maybe they already do.
Changed policy in last couple of years where you can now take you beer to your seat. For years you couldn’t.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
Hard to bring the AC into the stands. Those seats are in direct sun. Lots of wives and kids take up residence in the lounge leaving lots of empty seats.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
Hard to bring the AC into the stands. Those seats are in direct sun. Lots of wives and kids take up residence in the lounge leaving lots of empty seats.
The AC is mighty attractive for noon kick offs in September.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Yes, and we should stop doing that öööö. (Noon games in September in the deep south.) Unless, of course, the TV network forces us to. And that shouldnt be the case for 90% of Sept games.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Noon games are a good part of the ööööty student attendance also. If the band hadnt woke my ass up in field dorm i would have missed a lot of noon games and i missed a lot of kickoffs anyway.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
And a noon game is a non-event for recruits and potential recruits and friends of potential recruits.

Pretty sure Coach gets this thank goodness.

BigChooch0405

Varsity Lurker
Doing this öööö is just going to invite the inevitable blowback chants.

Look forward to hearing

"WE"
"RUN"
"THIS"
"STATE"

Circle all four grandstands in the 4th quarter, Thanksgiving weekend if we try something corny like "4-0-4"

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Doing this öööö is just going to invite the inevitable blowback chants.

Look forward to hearing

"WE"
"RUN"
"THIS"
"STATE"

Circle all four grandstands in the 4th quarter, Thanksgiving weekend if we try something corny like "4-0-4"
We are conceding the rest of the state to them. For now.

GT98

Dodd-Like
And a noon game is a non-event for recruits and potential recruits and friends of potential recruits.

Pretty sure Coach gets this thank goodness.
Doesn't matter whether he gets it or not. TV dictates the game time, period.

I'm tired of noon games in september as well, but it won't be changing any time soon.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Doesn't matter whether he gets it or not. TV dictates the game time, period.

I'm tired of noon games in september as well, but it won't be changing any time soon.
Wrong. As I said for you to read, TV only dictates some games. Sadly not very many of ours to be brutally honest.

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
The greatest possible infrastructure improvement for GT athletics would be to install some sort of covering/shade for the East Stands. I'd upgrade my season tickets to the East in a heartbeat if something like that were installed.