6-6 a good season for us right now?

Would beating Syracuse, going 6-6, and making a bowl be a good season for us?

• Yes

Votes: 220 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • Depends

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters

justafan

college sports doomer
Obviously if we beat Georgia it's a great season and everyone is happy. If you will please just imagine the possibility that we don't beat them... Would winning against Syracuse and going to a bowl be a good 2023-2024 season for us?

I voted yes but was really hoping for 7 wins. The bowling green game really changed the look of the season.

We have seen some positives and things we can build on. I think key made some mistakes but hopefully he can learn from them. We need to improve on defense (coaches and talent). Offense has shown a lot of potential but needs to be more consistent.

Overall, I have hope for the future for the first time in several years. Just need to see if we can do what it takes to get over the hump and be a top 25 team again

Edited to add, we can still get to 7. We do have two more games

I've told people before the season that 6-6 would be an over-achievement given what transpired during the regime of Pennywise. I was hoping for 6-6 next season and after that, we would get to 7-9 wins a year like with most of CPJ's seasons.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

I've told people before the season that 6-6 would be an over-achievement given what transpired during the regime of Pennywise. I was hoping for 6-6 next season and after that, we would get to 7-9 wins a year like with most of CPJ's seasons.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback
But we ran him off. You know, because we'd rather play "big boy" football. Textbook case of rather look good and lose than look bad and win. I'll never understand it. Haven't you people seen White Men Can't Jump?

Edit: The original, not that woke trash on Hulu.

Let’s get to 6 wins first before we start wondering if it’s good enough for us. We don’t know if we’re beating Syracuse yet. But for a team that hasn’t gone to a bowl game since 2018, it’s progress in the right direction. If they make it.

Getting boat raced at Clemson sucked but when you throw 4 picks plus play ultra soft 3rd/4th down defense, this is the result. 6-6 is good and I will be happy but I still see a lot of questionable defensive coaching. Offense I'm actually pleased with even considering the turnover fest vs Clemson (nearly every team has that one game each year). I guess I wasn't really expecting a defensive turn around after the DC got whacked but I just don't want to see soft coverage. I'd rather play aggressively and if they beat our blitz and press coverage, so be it since the alternative is to give a QB all day to pass and guaranteed failure anyway.

Getting boat raced at Clemson sucked but when you throw 4 picks plus play ultra soft 3rd/4th down defense, this is the result. 6-6 is good and I will be happy but I still see a lot of questionable defensive coaching. Offense I'm actually pleased with even considering the turnover fest vs Clemson (nearly every team has that one game each year). I guess I wasn't really expecting a defensive turn around after the DC got whacked but I just don't want to see soft coverage. I'd rather play aggressively and if they beat our blitz and press coverage, so be it since the alternative is to give a QB all day to pass and guaranteed failure anyway.
The defense yesterday started pretty good. Biggers played especially well when he was in and not sucking air on the sideline. But the offense was so inept yesterday that the D was left hanging on the field for most of the game and got gassed. That game was over after the first half because the second half was just a matter of Clemson dragging it’s nuts over the face of a worn out defense.

We need to build both OL and DL and need LB's. I don't like to feel like I am slamming our LB's, but they are probably the worst performing we have had since???? Hell, I don't know. The 1970's?

But we ran him off. You know, because we'd rather play "big boy" football. Textbook case of rather look good and lose than look bad and win. I'll never understand it. Haven't you people seen White Men Can't Jump?

Edit: The original, not that woke trash on Hulu.
The original of anything is almost always better such as The Wicker Man or The Razor’s Edge.

We need to build both OL and DL and need LB's. I don't like to feel like I am slamming our LB's, but they are probably the worst performing we have had since???? Hell, I don't know. The 1970's?
When I can’t even name them, you know they’re probably not good.

The ineptitude on offense yesterday was reminiscent of Clown teams. It was bad and it put us behind the 8 ball on defense. And then it was over before halftime.

Going into the season, I felt 7-5 was a stretch goal, 5-7 was expected, and 6-6 was a good step forward. I still feel this way. You don’t right the ship overnight after you have Captain Clown at the helm for 3+ years. The advent of the NIL era doesn’t help, either.

Back