6-6 a good season for us right now?

Would beating Syracuse, going 6-6, and making a bowl be a good season for us?

• Yes

Votes: 220 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • Depends

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters
We need to build both OL and DL and need LB's. I don't like to feel like I am slamming our LB's, but they are probably the worst performing we have had since???? Hell, I don't know. The 1970's?
Not only what you mention, but the overall lack of speed/quickness, especially on the defensive side of the ball is astounding imo. We'll never be able to play big boy football, if we don't have guys that can run.

We need better skill position athletes. Our current starters are good, backups are serviceable, but Tech needs to step it up talent wise at RB, WR, TE, LB, and DL.

Yeah, that’s asking a lot, and is why 6-6 and a bowl game is good, right now, and a step in the right direction.

How is this even a question?
I thought there'd be more division of opinions. Despite the favorable opinions of 6-6, I bet most people would say 5-7 and no bowl is a bad season. So there's a fine line between good/bad season for us. Especially when you consider that Miami should've beaten us.

Also, I hate to shoot for a moral victory, but playing a solid 60 minute game against UGAg will go a long way with fans. Yesterday's UGAg team may have been their best team playing, ever. I don't say that lightly. They are a level above every team in CFB except MAYBE 1 or 2 and I am starting to doubt even 1 or 2 teams are their equal.

We need to beat Syracuse solidly to get to a bowl game. Our Superbowl is UGAg. They may be the best UGAg team we have ever faced. They make nearly zero mistakes and are just physically superior at every position to pretty much anyone they play. They would have murdered Clemson yesterday.

I thought there'd be more division of opinions. Despite the favorable opinions of 6-6, I bet most people would say 5-7 and no bowl is a bad season. So there's a fine line between good/bad season for us. Especially when you consider that Miami should've beaten us.

I mean yeah, it's the exact line between bowl game + improved record from previous year. There's also a lot of wiggle room in how good that 6-6 is; do we beat Cuse handily or struggle through to the win, how does the UGA game look, etc. How the bowl game turns out will matter too.

Like I'd still call 6-7 a step in the right direction, but if it's with eking a win over Cuse and losing bad in 2 more games, would call it about as bad as good can be with the rest of the season.

The ineptitude on offense yesterday was reminiscent of Clown teams. It was bad and it put us behind the 8 ball on defense. And then it was over before halftime.
I think Clemson woke up after ND. We just walked into a buzz saw and when we left 14 points on the field + Clemson dominating ToP, I think the air just came out of the balloon.

It sucked and was a morale gut punch but we have got to pull it together and make some orange juice next Saturday. Hate to put it like this but our entire season rests on beating Syracuse.

It's three better than anything Clown gave us. It will be a real success if we restaff the defensive side of the office, and I think we will. Brent clearly made early moves with coaches and the portal to get more good people on the bus, and he should keep at it in the offseason.

It's three better than anything Clown gave us. It will be a real success if we restaff the defensive side of the office, and I think we will. Brent clearly made early moves with coaches and the portal to get more good people on the bus, and he should keep at it in the offseason.
It’s not just coaching on D that’s the issue. The front 7 just isn’t at the level it needs to be to compete with Clemson, FSU, uga, etc. Talent always makes coaching look better.

It’s not just coaching on D that’s the issue. The front 7 just isn’t at the level it needs to be to compete with Clemson, FSU, uga, etc. Talent always makes coaching look better.
Key word is "just"

6-6 is the definition of mediocre. I would go as far as say 8-4 is mediocre. There are two games on most teams' schedule that are gimmes. So 6-6 sucks to be honest. Also I no longer hold any faith in "the future." Who knows what the future holds with the transfer portal in play. All our good players could transfer and we'll just be starting over again season after season.

But we ran him off. You know, because we'd rather play "big boy" football. Textbook case of rather look good and lose than look bad and win. I'll never understand it. Haven't you people seen White Men Can't Jump?

Edit: The original, not that woke trash on Hulu.

Crazy that people were ready for CPJ to retire and look at where we are today.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

Crazy that people were ready for CPJ to retire and look at where we are today.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback
The global issue would still be an issue regardless of GT running the 3O still. The LOS battle on both sides of the ball against Clemson, FSU, uga, etc would still be at a disadvantage. Games would be what they are. That said, GT wouldn’t have likely lost to BG, etc. So 8-4 would prob be the good season for GT. 5 years post the 3O the O going forward doesn’t look like it will generally be the issue. The constant regardless of HC will ……Defense.

The ineptitude on offense yesterday was reminiscent of Clown teams. It was bad and it put us behind the 8 ball on defense. And then it was over before halftime.
It wasn't good, but hardly reminiscent of The Clown's teams. They never quit, never gave up. Although it really didn't matter, Scooter's teams would not have scored those last two TD's, even if they were against Clemson's 3rd string. Scooter's teams would have just mailed it in and gone 3 and out and quit.

I'm as disappointed as anyone in the outcome of yesterday's game. But I still see improvement in grit and attitude. This team will mature and get better. I'm hoping and praying for 6+ wins and a bowl game. Bowl game would be a huge help for extra practice and recruiting.

Go Jackets!! Beat the pulp out of the Orange!!

For our program to be in what I consider good shape with reasonable expectations, 6-6 and 7-5 should be the basement for expectations, 8-4 and 9-3 the norm, and some 10, 11 or even 12 win seasons the occasional ceiling. This is where we were with O’Leary, Gailey and Johnson for a great run although we skewed more to the lower side of that range. But for me, 10 wins or more is a great season, 8 or 9 a good season, and 6 or 7 an acceptable season. Losing seasons are bad seasons.

I’m disappointed also but I saw a little bit of a different story. Our skill guys are good in their own right but mostly smaller. We need a few more guys that can win physical matchups with a tough D. We need to get bigger guys to complement out speed guys.

Back