6-6 a good season for us right now?

Would beating Syracuse, going 6-6, and making a bowl be a good season for us?

• Yes

Votes: 220 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • Depends

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters
Four possibilities left.

8-5
7-6 beat dwags/lose bowl
7-6 lose dwags/win bowl
6-7

I wouldn’t consider 6-7 a successful season.
Getting a 13th game is a success, win or lose. So GT has cemented goal #1 for this season. Get to a bowl.

Key has said numerous times on XM Radio, GOL used all the Bowl practices as Spring practice #1. It’s not about the bowl game itself. It’s all about 2024 starting next Sunday. Just with a scrimmage against a team not wearing gold & white as a split squad.

Four possibilities left.

8-5
7-6 beat dwags/lose bowl
7-6 lose dwags/win bowl
6-7

I wouldn’t consider 6-7 a successful season.

Depends on where you’re coming from. Four years without a bowl was bad. A fifth would have been a bad sign. Not making a bowl last year really hurt us. But we improved.

The offense isn’t inept anymore. Teams might not fear our O, but they aren’t laughing at it anymore. Our D is still bad. That needs to be fixed for next year. We are probably an 8 win team this year with a average defense.

If your idea of a good season is mediocrity then sure it's a good season. If you want to contend for any kind of title then no it is a crap season.

I suppose 6 is better than 1-5 but worse than 7-12.

If you guys start being content with 6 win seasons as decent, then you actually did run off PJ for no reason AT ALL.
This guy is a Deion fan, lol.

Troll account identified.

I'm still surprised how empty the upper east is. Some of the best seats in CFB. Upper deck and close. Maybe, being generous, it is 25% capacity. The lower west is looking good with a lot of loyal, longtime alums and fans sitting there. A lot of legacy.

Optimistically, GT has a larger enrollment now than ever. The students are filling the lower north. Those students need converted to season ticket holders. Winning does that. Without battling for Natty's, we aren't gonna see much sidewalk growth. Once some of those fans leave, they are gone forever. Clown managed to run them off.
UE is a ghost town. 25% is generous most games.

How many of the D-1/130 or so teams win 10.....consistently ? Braine was no sage. How many programs have won 4 MNCs, have the Heisman trophy, Coach of the year, Ass't coach of the year, and Top AD award named after coaches and directors ? Hell, we even have more SEC championships than about half of its members today. Plus, we just had a HC since Braine, inducted into the HOF who took a knife to a gun fight to Athens and killed the slobbering mutts.....Three times (another form of TIAR!).

I'm still surprised how empty the upper east is. Some of the best seats in CFB. Upper deck and close. Maybe, being generous, it is 25% capacity. The lower west is looking good with a lot of loyal, longtime alums and fans sitting there. A lot of legacy.

Optimistically, GT has a larger enrollment now than ever. The students are filling the lower north. Those students need converted to season ticket holders. Winning does that. Without battling for Natty's, we aren't gonna see much sidewalk growth. Once some of those fans leave, they are gone forever. Clown managed to run them off.
The student section was badass on tv this week.

Back