6-6 a good season for us right now?

Would beating Syracuse, going 6-6, and making a bowl be a good season for us?

• Yes

Votes: 220 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • Depends

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters
No it’s not wrong on every aspect. We could use a big RB, and a better back-up to Haynes than Cooley after Smith is gone. WR is a good group, though the dropped passes yesterday were frustrating. At TE, Seither will be back (incorrectly had him as a Sr). LB is lacking of any playmakers and is as weak as it’s been in 30+ years. We haven’t had a stud DL in 15 years. I agree with ST, great having a reliable FG kicker and KO kicker that can put it in the end zone.
It has been 15 years, and on that team we had 3 stud DL

A good season? No. This team showed flashes of something much, much better but couldn’t put it together on a consistent basis.

A bad season? No. Hard to be upset with a bowl game and some top 25 wins in the first season post clown era.

Meeting minimal threshold to keep building? Yep, that’s the one. A bowl game and win would be big. Gotta take care of business Sat night.

If your idea of a good season is mediocrity then sure it's a good season. If you want to contend for any kind of title then no it is a crap season.

I suppose 6 is better than 1-5 but worse than 7-12.

If you guys start being content with 6 win seasons as decent, then you actually did run off PJ for no reason AT ALL.

This is the best a evolving YOUNG team can expect. THIS GAME is the key.Have we matured enough to win--as FAVORITES and AT HOME. If we win it is strong step forward and maybe to a bowl. If not,, he is back to being in a "rebuild" mode.

If your idea of a good season is mediocrity then sure it's a good season. If you want to contend for any kind of title then no it is a crap season.

I suppose 6 is better than 1-5 but worse than 7-12.

If you guys start being content with 6 win seasons as decent, then you actually did run off PJ for no reason AT ALL.
That’s a öööö take.

It’s not about 6 seasons being the new standard for success. It’s all about relativity. A bowl game following 4 years of losing under the clown is clear progress, thus a good season for us in 2023.

That’s a öööö take.

It’s not about 6 seasons being the new standard for success. It’s all about relativity. A bowl game following 4 years of losing under the clown is clear progress, thus a good season for us in 2023.

No, this season is a failure if we don't win the national championship. But even then if we weren't undefeated, that means we lost a game, which is something that losers do. Anything else is settling for mediocrity at best but in reality, once we lost the first game it was an abject failure and we as fans should not stand for that, it's unacceptable, which means we should not accept it. And because this is a "we" thing we should... um... oh yeah, wait a sec, well I can't figure out what we should actually do to change it but damnit we should do it nevertheless. NO EXCUSES!!!!

This is how many fans speak, as if they are in the game; although you can't blame them too much after EA telling every one "it's in the game" for so many years its easy to see how one might confuse being the coach of your NCAA 2006 franchise and the actual running of things.

I remember when everyone got mad at Dave Braine but dat dood was effing right. It has been how many years since he said wut he did? I'm sorry Dave Braine you effing sage, peace brother.

7-6 with a win over Florida would build dome momentum going forward.

If my Florida friends see this, they are going to be even more depressed than what happens to the Gators when FSU gets through with them. Florida, Tennessee, and Nebraska are good examples of what happens when ADs misfire on coaches back to back or in Florida's case back to back to back. All three of these teams can bounce back in a hurry with the right coach. Tennessee has been in the wilderness a long time but of the three is probably closest to getting back to its glory days. Don't really keep up with Nebraska but Florida is in sad shape considering their resources.

That’s a öööö take.

After some reflection, 6-6 is progress of a sorts but we have a long way to go to respectability. The disdain that other fans, especially Miami, have for Tech's program is pretty strong. Fixing both lines will take years.

If we beat 'Cuse and go to a bowl, yes. I'd be satisfied. Team has had some bad moments, but also some great moments this season. Progress is a slow process.

If we lose to 'Cuse: eh, I won't riot. But I'd be disappointed.

But most importantly: just show some fight against Athens-Clarke County Correctional Facility. That's all I ask for. I know we'll be outmatched, but just don't roll over. Didn't see that option in the pole.

THWg

ACCC, Orange Bowl, and Three in Athens....make him the effing dork he is.
Agree or disagree with the sentiment, but what you provided doesn’t invalidate what he said.

“Georgia Tech can win nine or 10 games (in a season), but they will never do it consistently.”

I remember when everyone got mad at Dave Braine but dat dood was effing right. It has been how many years since he said wut he did? I'm sorry Dave Braine you effing sage, peace brother.
Braine’s comments were 2 decades early; we could have been a lot better in the early 2000s when Georgia was weak and things like NIL and the Portal hadn’t emerged. Look at all the NFL talent we had for a decade. Outside of QB, you could have fielded a pretty good pro team from those 00-09 rosters.

Back