6-6 a good season for us right now?

Would beating Syracuse, going 6-6, and making a bowl be a good season for us?

• Yes

Votes: 220 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • Depends

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters
Agree or disagree with the sentiment, but what you provided doesn’t invalidate what he said.

“Georgia Tech can win nine or 10 games (in a season), but they will never do it consistently.”
Only a handful of pay for play programs do.

Agree or disagree with the sentiment, but what you provided doesn’t invalidate what he said.

“Georgia Tech can win nine or 10 games (in a season), but they will never do it consistently.”
You are correct. We all got so upset about what he said. I think it was because deep down we knew he was right but it is not something our AD should be saying. But when he said it we only needed an extra 2 to 4 wins to achieve it so I thought it was possible. But I feel like his words ring even more true today. Tech will never be a consistent 9/10 win team. So I'm glad some of you all will be satisfied if Tech wins six, with a BG debacle were we were out played. I'm holding hope we will beat the BGs and BCs of the world on a consistent basis. Maybe get a UGA win once or twice a decade would be nice too. Lord willing we beat Syracuse this weekend but Tech laying a big ööööing egg on Grant Field wouldn't surprise me.

CSB: I'm starting my own little tailgate right now and going straight thru the game. Hide your moms if you think it'll help, I'll find them and give them 6-6.

That’s a öööö take.

It’s not about 6 seasons being the new standard for success. It’s all about relativity. A bowl game following 4 years of losing under the clown is clear progress, thus a good season for us in 2023.

Nah you're just one of those optimistic types. My stance is we never should have had 4 öööö seasons in a row and never would have if the fanbase wasn't somewhat delusional at times.

CPJ never would have continued the trajectory he was on. Sure a bad season here or there but we didn't need to hard reset the way that it happened.

Is this year better than last year? Sure, but it's not "good" by any actual definition of the way it's measured in football. You optimist enjoy your delusions, I wish I could see life your way sometimes, but until then, I'll be over here in reality.

Who gives a öööö what Miami fans think? Duh U has been Not Back for a quarter century at this point.

JRjr
Certainly not me, but they think they are just this close to another title run. But then, I don't give a "expletive deleted" what you think either.

I remember when everyone got mad at Dave Braine but dat dood was effing right. It has been how many years since he said wut he did? I'm sorry Dave Braine you effing sage, peace brother.
He was right because when you resign yourself to that standard, that’s what you get. He should have never said it, and there’s no reason for Tech to settle.

Nah you're just one of those optimistic types. My stance is we never should have had 4 öööö seasons in a row and never would have if the fanbase wasn't somewhat delusional at times.

CPJ never would have continued the trajectory he was on. Sure a bad season here or there but we didn't need to hard reset the way that it happened.

Is this year better than last year? Sure, but it's not "good" by any actual definition of the way it's measured in football. You optimist enjoy your delusions, I wish I could see life your way sometimes, but until then, I'll be over here in reality.
Bowling isn’t a good thing for Tech this year, but you’re still over in the Deion thread simping for him when he looks like more expensive Gef.

It’s going to take a while. Tech lost the trust of a lost of fans during the Gef horror show. He is a program killer type of dickhead, and another year or two of him and he might have succeeded. Sustained improvement will bring more fans.
I'm still surprised how empty the upper east is. Some of the best seats in CFB. Upper deck and close. Maybe, being generous, it is 25% capacity. The lower west is looking good with a lot of loyal, longtime alums and fans sitting there. A lot of legacy.

Optimistically, GT has a larger enrollment now than ever. The students are filling the lower north. Those students need converted to season ticket holders. Winning does that. Without battling for Natty's, we aren't gonna see much sidewalk growth. Once some of those fans leave, they are gone forever. Clown managed to run them off.

Name 1 fanbase that isn’t delusional? I think expecting 6 wins with the possibility of 7 was very fair this season. No one knew how good UofL would end up being. Miami while talented is the same Miami, just with a new name at HC. UNC always starts hot and fades. Clemson was the only outlier this year. Started slow and has turned it on now. Unlike last year, it looks like Clemson will finish on a 5 game winning streak after they beat up South Carolina and whoever they play in a bowl game. BC, UVA, and Syracuse are all middling. GT won 2/3. Unfortunately, GT is currently in a pack of teams along with 85% of the ACC. I agree GT should never have sunk down to the level we’ve seen starting in 2019, but last night was a huge boost for 2024 with a tough schedule.

The delusional part of the fanbase kicks in when fans expect to win games against teams who are obviously much, much better. Only 2 on the schedule fit that bill this year. 0-1 to date against that type of team.

Back