Above The Line Watch

gte490v

Dodd-Like
Why is Antwan Owen listed with the DT's when he started at DE last week?
Because this isn’t last week’s ATL chart.

But seriously, we are so short at DT that it may be one or more of the following.
-J Lee won’t be taking as many DT snaps because of heat and USF tempo
-backup DE’s have stepped up
-A Owens was a DT and was tried at DE and they didn’t like what they got
-USF plays up tempo / it’s going to be hot AF which really impact our big guys inside more that the DEs so we want more depth
-Different packages for USF change personnel needs
-He can still play DE so who really cares.

agt45

Distinguished Gentleman
Where is Connor Hansen? Hurt or not ATL?

User 10337

The players know what is what and where they stand. At practice they typically have 3 groups... As Bs and Cs, same as first string, second string, third string. They mix here and there but it's not a free for all.

ATL is just nomenclature. It is not as radical a departure as they're selling it to be.
This is my take. It also keeps opponents from specific gameplans. It keeps opponents from watching film on everyone if they don’t know for sure who the 2deep is

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Yeah, interesting. The DC was talking up some of the young guys at DE. I wonder if this is a true change or maybe Owens plays both.
I read somewhere that they moved Owens down to DE for Clemson to have some bigger guys on the line against Clemson's OL. He's back at DT this week, but they put the (DE) in parentheses beside his name just to note that he started last week but at DE position.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Is there a Wednesday (or other) injury report? Haven't seen one yet.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Is there a Wednesday (or other) injury report? Haven't seen one yet.
From what I remember, GT depth charts in the past included a section with injured players and their status. From what I can tell, Collins hasn't talked about injuries once; except for the 2 players that took medical scholarships. I guess it is the way he does thing and I'm not sure if there is anything that requires you to report injuries in college.

I think it is a good guess that at least a couple of the players not ATL are actually injured.

I assume he would have to talk about season ending injuries or maybe ones we obviously see in a game. It is interesting.

User 10337

From what I remember, GT depth charts in the past included a section with injured players and their status. From what I can tell, Collins hasn't talked about injuries once; except for the 2 players that took medical scholarships. I guess it is the way he does thing and I'm not sure if there is anything that requires you to report injuries in college.

I think it is a good guess that at least a couple of the players not ATL are actually injured.

I assume he would have to talk about season ending injuries or maybe ones we obviously see in a game. It is interesting.
Not required to report injuries in college.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Doesn't matter. If you aren't ATL, you aren't playing.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting

You're right. In the past we always knew who was "on the beach" during camp, even in the Gailey era. I'll have a good view of who is limping around the sideline on Saturday.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like

Cooper in, Minihan out. Not seeing anything else notable.

Edit: Conor Hansen and Quon Griffin make their first appearance?

Last edited: