ACC Bowl Record

Final bowl record

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
11 teams bowling this year, how do we finish?

20161205084644_16_17_fbl_bowls_social_fullmatchups_final_jpg

Clemson - W,W
FSU - L
Louisville - L
Da U - W
Pitt - W
VT - W
UNC - W
GT - W
BC - L
NC State - L
WF - Big L

So 7 including Clemson's second

Clemson > tOSU (< Alabama)
Florida State < Michigan
Louisville > LSU
Miami < West Virginia
Pitt > Northwestern
VPI > Arkansas
North Carolina < Stanford
Georgia Tech > Kentucky
Boston College > Maryland
NC State > Vanderbilt
Wake Forest < Temple

ACC goes 7-4. 7-5, including Clemson's loss in the NC game.

Clemson - W,L
FSU - W
Louisville - L
Da U - W
Pitt - W
VT - W
UNC - L
GT - W
BC - L
NC State - L
WF - L

6 wins

I'm a little torn, because I have an 8-win opinion of the ACC as a conference, but when I look at the individual matchups I only see 5 definite wins.

Wins for sure:
Miami, Pitt, NCST, GT, VT

Losses for sure:
WF, BC, UNC

No idea:
FSU, Clemson, Louisville

Also of great interest is the ACC - Big 10 football challenge that we've got between the power brands of the two conferences, and the 3 games vs the SEC. We've got a reasonable chance to sweep the SEC in the post season.

I'm a little torn, because I have an 8-win opinion of the ACC as a conference, but when I look at the individual matchups I only see 5 definite wins.

Wins for sure:

Losses for sure:
WF, BC, UNC

No idea:
FSU, Clemson, Louisville
Wake is going to get trounced and UNC will go down, but why so certain about BC? Out of all the teams which are bowling this year, Maryland is one of the few who is probably a good deal worse than Boston College. Then again, I didn't get to see the Terps play at all in the final stretch of the season so I guess maybe they improved and I missed it.

I thought Clemson, Miami and one of BC, NC State or WF is going to lose so I picked 8-3.

I guess I only listed two. I think Clemson, FSU, and Louisville will lose (our three "best" bowls). Would love to be wrong but it is what it is, they're playing superior teams.

Wake is going to get trounced and UNC will go down, but why so certain about BC? Out of all the teams which are bowling this year, Maryland is one of the few who is probably a good deal worse than Boston College. Then again, I didn't get to see the Terps play at all in the final stretch of the season so I guess maybe they improved and I missed it.

3 of their last 4 games were Michigan, OSU, and Nebraska, so even if they had improved, you wouldn't know it, but BC really isn't that good. BC has a better resume, but they haven't scored more than 21 points against a P5 opponent all season. Maryland hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire, but whenever they have the chance to go up against opponents with similar talent to BC, they seem to put up points. Plus, the last time BC was in a bowl, they lost by 1 point to a 7 win Penn State team with Hackenberg at QB. They haven't won a bowl since 2007. The mojo just ain't there.

Wins for sure:

Losses for sure:
WF, BC, UNC

No idea:
FSU, Clemson, Louisville

Why do you want us to lose?

My powers are no match for those of Akinji. Our fate rests in his hands alone.

That and I don't recall them working for bowl games.

Also as bad as the Big 12 is I don't think Miami wins that.
To consider that, I looked a bit at past years. Fk me sideways Miami hasn't won a bowl game in a decade.

That and I don't recall them working for bowl games.

Also as bad as the Big 12 is I don't think Miami wins that.
To consider that, I looked a bit at past years. Fk me sideways Miami hasn't won a bowl game in a decade.

Richt is 9-5 in the post season tho, so there's that.

Also of great interest is the ACC - Big 10 football challenge that we've got between the power brands of the two conferences, and the 3 games vs the SEC. We've got a reasonable chance to sweep the SEC in the post season.

So the ACC has 4 games vs Big 10, 4 vs SEC, 1 vs Big 12, 1 vs PAC 12, and 1 vs American.....with a possibility of 1 more vs PAC or SEC

Clemson > tOSU (< Alabama)
Florida State < Michigan
Louisville < LSU
Miami < West Virginia
Pitt > Northwestern
VPI > Arkansas
North Carolina > Stanford
Georgia Tech > Kentucky
Boston College > Maryland
NC State > Vanderbilt
Wake Forest < Temple

ACC goes 7-4. 7-5, including Clemson's loss in the NC game.

ACC hasn't had a winning bowl record in several years. At least two teams will öööö the bed as is tradition. I think 6-5 is being generous.

Winners:
GT over Kentucky
NCST over Vanderbilt
Miami over West Virginia
VPI over Arkansas
Pitt over Northwestern
Louisville over LSU

Losers:
Clemson to Ohio State
BC to Maryland
UNC to Stanford
Wake to Temple