ACC ded

I've eaten Jimmie John's one time in my life. Driest, blandest sandwich I've ever eaten. Never went back.

I like JJs, but you’ve gotta customize it and they go so fast in person that it’s hard to do so I usually prefer to order online. With mustard, mayo, oil, and vinegar plus spices and veggies, their stuff is neither dry nor bland.

Still doesn’t hold a candle to Fogle’s Subs, a family-owned place in Southlake Mall in the 80s and early 90s. Fresh baked bread, sliced-to-order meat and cheese, fresh veggies… Dang, I miss that place.

JRjr

Has anybody been to Knuckie’s? Jury is still out for me on them.

Southlake mall you say. Hmmm.... maybe it is secretly still in there somewhere. I know someone who is capable of finding it for us. Tell no one, deny everything, will report back in 3 weeks through secondary channels.

1685631067694.png

Bro is still out here trying to öööö on people that literally go and save lives. I guess the military, EMT, and police are all just idiots too.
So I take that as a no - your fire department does not require a college degree, either.

OK, since you're bragging about it, how many lives have you saved?

I like JJs, but you’ve gotta customize it and they go so fast in person that it’s hard to do so I usually prefer to order online. With mustard, mayo, oil, and vinegar plus spices and veggies, their stuff is neither dry nor bland.
This is probably true and I'll have to try it if I'm ever forced to eat there again. But its emblematic of a certain trend in some fast serve restaurants that I hate. When I go to a sandwich shop (or a burrito shop or a pizza shop...) I expect the proprietor of that shop to have already curated a list of menu items they think it's worth me buying. Dude, you're the Sandwich Artist™, present me with a proposal for a sandwich worth buying. Then I'll tell you to hold the pickles or add mustard or whatever from there. Don't outsource the job of creating a product worth buying to me. At Jersey Mikes, they offer to make it "Mike's Way" and I salute Mike for concocting a damn good way to dress a sandwich.

:rant:

This is probably true and I'll have to try it if I'm ever forced to eat there again. But its emblematic of a certain trend in some fast serve restaurants that I hate. When I go to a sandwich shop (or a burrito shop or a pizza shop...) I expect the proprietor of that shop to have already curated a list of menu items they think it's worth me buying. Dude, you're the Sandwich Artist™, present me with a proposal for a sandwich worth buying. Then I'll tell you to hold the pickles or add mustard or whatever from there. Don't outsource the job of creating a product worth buying to me. At Jersey Mikes, they offer to make it "Mike's Way" and I salute Mike for concocting a damn good way to dress a sandwich.

:rant:
1685651943751.gif

So I take that as a no - your fire department does not require a college degree, either.

How many have you saved? How many horrors have been seared into your memory? How many children have you seen hurt or worse that you tried your hardest to save and they still had a negative outcome.

Listen, I've had shifts where we never left the station or a full day full of bullshit calls and ones we've only had one call but it was a terrible one, and everything in between.

You never know what the day is going to bring.

I'm sure CarsonNewman took a similar oath that I did and if we were ever all at a Tech game and you fell out, people like me(not in the career anymore)and him would be there to render the best care we could until AFD responded to the scene.

Stop ööööting on him as a fireman because you dislike him as a poster. You're really making yourself look like you think negatively about first responders.

Funny you asked that. Just last shift we actually saved a woman who came into contact with fentanyl. She would have died had we not been able to react in time. All came down to our extensive medical training that we have, which isn’t exactly something you have. But hey, you got a college degree, that must be so much more important.

Funny you asked that. Just last shift we actually saved a woman who came into contact with fentanyl. She would have died had we not been able to react in time. All came down to our extensive medical training that we have, which isn’t exactly something you have. But hey, you got a college degree, that must be so much more important.

Narcan is like magic and they mostly come up fighting or puking everywhere, fun times.

I sure do miss it, outside of shifts on the ambulance after midnight. Stay safe out there.

It is the 10 teams. Let’s be honest, when they dropped the 12 team minimum for a championship game, they made the super conferences irrelevant.

This conference would blow away ACC money per team.
Miami
FSU
GT
Clemson
UNC
NCSt
VT
UVa
Pitt
ACC could drop Wake and Duke and still receive the same money but divided over less teams.

Dog eat dog world out there. They need to do this. With PAC about to implode, these are urgent times.

Back