ACC ded

I still highly doubt this goes all the way until the end of the current GOR. Even if the conference stays together into the 2030s, which I doubt, the rights from new contracts will be so lucrative that big programs will leave early anyway. Might be 2025, might be 2033. Definitely by 2036.

It is the 10 teams. Let’s be honest, when they dropped the 12 team minimum for a championship game, they made the super conferences irrelevant.

This conference would blow away ACC money per team.
Miami
FSU
GT
Clemson
UNC
NCSt
VT
UVa
Pitt

True. They did also mention a desire to expand. It wouldn't shock me if they end up being our best option by the time this all shakes out.

It is the 10 teams. Let’s be honest, when they dropped the 12 team minimum for a championship game, they made the super conferences irrelevant.

This conference would blow away ACC money per team.
Miami
FSU
GT
Clemson
UNC
NCSt
VT
UVa
Pitt

I would go with this 9 team league. That is eight conference games. Separately, I would pair up the top six teams with the PAC or Big12. Six neutral site games (so they are outside the standard conference contract) that can be bid by another network.

Keep showing up hoping for some good news, but just continue to see @WracerX has better ideas than our commissioner will ever think of and @1982Jacket seems to take pride in being a bigger clown than GC and GT will be in a third rate conference by the time the GOR ends.

Firefighters are badasses, btw.

Keep showing up hoping for some good news, but just continue to see @WracerX has better ideas than our commissioner will ever think of and @1982Jacket seems to take pride in being a bigger clown than GC and GT will be in a third rate conference by the time the GOR ends.

Firefighters are badasses, btw.

Third stream of revenue for 9 team league. Let ND in for non-football sports as well. For football, they get 2 home games and 3 neutral site games per year. So you have six teams playing neutral site games against the pac/big12 and 3 neutral site games against ND. So every team has a neutral site game per season that the league gets to sell in addition to the conference games.

Does it need CPR? I know that.
1685833048736.gif

Since it is the dead season and I am drinking, I will continue to talk out of my ass.

New smaller ACC with only 9 teams listed. ND in as stipulated above.
Contract 1: miniACC conference home games only. That is 36 reasonably decent games. No limits on who the contract owner can show. If they want all 8 of Clemson’s and FSU’s games, so be it. I would split this money evenly over the 9 teams.

Contract 2: PAC/miniACC neutral site games. This has two revenue streams. One is the TV contract. The money for the six games split between the conferences. Revenue stream two is the host city. Jacksonville may bid up in hopes of landing FSU/Miami. Tampa would also be interested. Charlotte would probably bid in also. Atlanta would as well, although they would probably screw us at every turn. Money split evenly in the league.

Contract 3: ND neutral games. Again two streams of revenue. TV plus the sites. Probably a different set of cities based on which teams are matched up each year. You would probably have to rotate through the league. ND would probably love having 3 road games as neutral site games. Money split evenly among league.

Contract 4: Out of conference miniACC games. This is where things get interesting. FSU, GT, and Clem have desirable ooc games against the sec every other year. Assuming a minimum of two home games per team, that could be some interesting matchups and some absolute duds. UVa/Richmond is a ratings disaster. FSU/UF is a hit. I would split this money based on ratings. You could angle for more dough by having 3 home ooc games or you could schedule 2 interesting matchups. It would probably depend on the team.

Overall, I think this would make a higher per team payout than the current ACC.

May be better to have 3 neutral site games against the PAC and 3 against the Big12. That way you can spread out the host cities. With the 3 games against ND, you could make 3 team groups to rotate through the neutral site games. You would probably want to have a premier team in each group and split the NC and VA schools.

Something like:

Clem/VT/NCSt
FSU/GT/UVa
Miami/NCSt/Pitt

I’ve split Pitt and VT because I think you could get fairly good ratings by pairing each with WVU 2 out of three years.

I would try and. make each neutral site game on a different weekend and ideally at 7 pm eastern. That makes for a 4 pm pacific game. It also sells hotel rooms in the host city. The last weekend of the season is probably off the books, so that gives you 9 games in prime time to highlight your conference oven 11-12 weeks.

May be better to have 3 neutral site games against the PAC and 3 against the Big12. That way you can spread out the host cities. With the 3 games against ND, you could make 3 team groups to rotate through the neutral site games. You would probably want to have a premier team in each group and split the NC and VA schools.

Something like:

Clem/VT/NCSt
FSU/GT/UVa
Miami/NCSt/Pitt

I’ve split Pitt and VT because I think you could get fairly good ratings by pairing each with WVU 2 out of three years.

I would try and. make each neutral site game on a different weekend and ideally at 7 pm eastern. That makes for a 4 pm pacific game. It also sells hotel rooms in the host city. The last weekend of the season is probably off the books, so that gives you 9 games in prime time to highlight your conference oven 11-12 weeks.

Should have put UNC with Miami/Pitt

Back