Adidas outbid Nike for the Jackets contract

Per press conference adidas will only be using one shade of gold?

This is a miracle!

Unless it's the wrong gold, then this is terrible!

You are joking, right? I can't imagine any top level sports team having a press conference where the shade of colors they will be using is a topic of conversation.

Per press conference adidas will only be using one shade of gold?

This is a miracle!

Unless it's the wrong gold, then this is terrible!

If adidas can translate the color of the Wreck to something that is consistent on uniforms, I'll be a huge fan.

My second choice would be old style mustard.

You are joking, right? I can't imagine any top level sports team having a press conference where the shade of colors they will be using is a topic of conversation.
After they botched our shade of orange for years it might be necessary. Good luck to you all with the 3 stripes.

Isn't the wreck the actual official gold Pantone?

I know the color was at one time called Lincoln Gold.

This appears to be pretty close to matching the helmet, and it doesn't look all that good IMO.

gtech-03-07-goldwhite-lynnbass-675x380.jpg

I'd have to go back to pull exact quote, but TS said basically we'd be using one gold, called it "Tech gold" and people would know it as such when they saw our apparel and saw us playing on tv. Then he looks at somebody in the crowd and gives them the raised eyebrows and a smile.

This appears to be pretty close to matching the helmet, and it doesn't look all that good IMO.

gtech-03-07-goldwhite-lynnbass-675x380.jpg

Well, that's why the gold should only be on helmets and britches. Maybe some stripes on the jerseys.

White shirts and yeller britches, give 'em hell you sons of bitches.

I definitely think that IF the shade of gold is correct, then it should really only be used for pants and helmets and an accent on jerseys.

Also, the Adidas guy in the press conference said "uh-dee-dus"... So I think it's just fine to say

Unless the helmet is white...

What's hilarious about the "Calvin Throwbacks" is that, as big as a hit as Russell had with that one among ALL the fans... They NEVER brought it back or touched them again. Come on.

Unless the helmet is white...

What's hilarious about the "Calvin Throwbacks" is that, as big as a hit as Russell had with that one among ALL the fans... They NEVER brought it back or touched them again. Come on.

That's on GT, not Russell.

How difficult would it have been for GT/Adidas to have went ahead and bought out the final year of Russell's contract and went ahead and started this season?

How difficult would it have been for GT/Adidas to have went ahead and bought out the final year of Russell's contract and went ahead and started this season?
Takes time to get all the uniforms designed and made. Starting right away, they say spring for some looks.

Ask them and let us know what you find out.

Back