Adidas outbid Nike for the Jackets contract

Maybe we can get Snoop on board too and make these the official team cleats:

snoop-dogg-limited-edition-gator-cleats-02.jpg

And this is why no other college, university, professional sports team, corporate branding campaign, etc is able to have a consistent color scheme, right?

Now do you understand why your post is dumb?

UNC's colors are constrained by Duke, which is another blue team and their biggest rival. We don't have any team forcing us to a certain shade of gold. But even with UNC there is variation. Seeing is believing...

iu

ON SATURDAY WE WEAR (DIFFERENT SHADES OF) BLUE

That's probably not what you thought it was.

Here's a look for you. Pretty clear that Oregon destroys the argument that you have to have a consistent look. Or even a good look.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-06%20at%2011.10.32%20PM.png

Nike and Oregon have created a brand for Oregon by going to the polar opposite of what is expected from a brand. Oregon's branding is an anti-branding sort of tactic, but it's still branding.

The fact that you are discussing Oregon in a Tech uniform thread is pretty good proof that Oregon has established a strong brand identity, even if no one can exactly say what that brand is.

Nike and Oregon have created a brand for Oregon by going to the polar opposite of what is expected from a brand. Oregon's branding is an anti-branding sort of tactic, but it's still branding.

The fact that you are discussing Oregon in a Tech uniform thread is pretty good proof that Oregon has established a strong brand identity, even if no one can exactly say what that brand is.

lol

This. Plus, 2016 was probably the most inconsistent their uniforms have been since Nike started cranking out something new for each quarter.

If you're arguing in sincerity, you're doing a öööö job. If you're just """""trolling"""""" you are also doing a öööö job.

That's probably not what you thought it was.

Here's a look for you. Pretty clear that Oregon destroys the argument that you have to have a consistent look. Or even a good look.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-06%20at%2011.10.32%20PM.png

It is precisely what I think it is. Webfoots and the characteristics of the original logo are still present in this uniform and identifies the product as Oregon Football while maintaining the brand attributes that people enjoy about the brand proposition. The brand positioning statement & attributions, audience attributes, and rules for consistency are all present in the Oregon uniforms.

I recommend reading the brand positioning statement on the Oregon website, then read the link below to get a glimpse of how the brand identity was transferred to the football team. All of the attributions the University seeks to have their fans recall are present in the various uniform permutations because the brand consistency of Oregon has higher level attributions than uniform design. They may all look different, but each uniform is uniquely "Oregon"

http://www.bakasmedia.com/blog/2014/12/16/how-the-oregon-ducks-brand-was-created

I wouldn't describe it as anti-branding; I would say it is perfectly aligned with how the program positions itself. It is a flashy, forward looking, sexy brand and so it adopts innovate uniform styles to represent that. This is just as aligned with how Oregon operates as say Alabama's traditional uniforms to their program traditions. Changing uniforms all the time for Alabama would confuse all of us of who Alabama is and what they represent, but for Oregon it is right in line. Because they elevate the brand above tradition, they are able to pull elements from a higher order in the brand hierarchy. This creates phenomenal equity returns for the program. Two reads worth checking out:

The theory: https://hbr.org/2000/01/the-brand-report-card
The theory in action: https://www.si.com/college-football...ll-branding-oregon-ducks-tennessee-volunteers

Oregon has always had nice uniforms. even when they were consistent each week In the early 2000's I Always digged their look. i think they have established green and yellow as their colors based on those seasons.

It is precisely what I think it is. Webfoots and the characteristics of the original logo are still present in this uniform and identifies the product as Oregon Football while maintaining the brand attributes that people enjoy about the brand proposition. The brand positioning statement & attributions, audience attributes, and rules for consistency are all present in the Oregon uniforms.

I recommend reading the brand positioning statement on the Oregon website, then read the link below to get a glimpse of how the brand identity was transferred to the football team. All of the attributions the University seeks to have their fans recall are present in the various uniform permutations because the brand consistency of Oregon has higher level attributions than uniform design. They may all look different, but each uniform is uniquely "Oregon"

http://www.bakasmedia.com/blog/2014/12/16/how-the-oregon-ducks-brand-was-created

I think the point has been obscured a bit. For the "proper shade of gold" folks, my point is that it doesn't really matter. Oregon has different shades of green, gold, black, blue, yellow, white, pink, etc.

Part of Tech’s challenge in this realm has been that, while old gold and white are the school’s official colors, the school also gives licensing approval for other shades of yellow and gold for different uses, which is how the Tech bookstore can sell apparel with varying hues. This has been known to cause irritation among certain pockets of the alumni.

Guys we made the news!

Regardless, uniformity is the goal. It has been a process that Stansbury has led, not just with color but also logos, fonts and other means of branding.

“We’re not going to touch the ‘GT,’ but we’re going to make sure that the ‘GT’ you see is the same every single time,” Stansbury said in his July podcast.

Adidas has already brought in its “identity team” to participate, said Jim Murphy, the Adidas sports marketing director for the NCAA.

I am liking this Stansbury guy.

A quote from CPJ in the Schultz blog about his thoughts regarding uniform providers....

http://jeffschultz.blog.myajc.com/2...es-a-star-but-johnson-says-team-will-be-fine/

This is what the curmudgeonly football coach Paul Johnson said: “It’s a factor. I don’t know if it’s a deciding factor. The kind of kids that that will be a deciding factor for probably aren’t getting into school here.”​

As I have been saying all along.

A quote from CPJ in the Schultz blog about his thoughts regarding uniform providers....

http://jeffschultz.blog.myajc.com/2...es-a-star-but-johnson-says-team-will-be-fine/

This is what the curmudgeonly football coach Paul Johnson said: “It’s a factor. I don’t know if it’s a deciding factor. The kind of kids that that will be a deciding factor for probably aren’t getting into school here.”​

As I have been saying all along.
meh... I think most of our kids are a whole lot like a lot of the kids who go elsewhere.

Back