Adidas outbid Nike for the Jackets contract

Something tells me that CPJ knows these kids a bit better than you do.
They're kids like most others. Look at a twitter or instagram account. They like most of the same music, most of the same clothes, most of the same movies, most of the same videos. Many of them are smarter than the average student-athlete, definitely. But we still have a fair amount of kids that come to GT that don't get it, like Dedrick Mills. He's not alone.

Found this on one of those Facebook groups. No idea if legit.

Still have those Damn honeycombs. Time to get rid of those once and for all.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1503674179221.jpg
    FB_IMG_1503674179221.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 68

Looks like something a Mississippi State fan came up with by plugging our colors into adidas patterns.

Not legit, but still interesting. I like it, other than the fact that someone should die if we ever wear gold shirts with gold pants, or blue pants with anything.

edit: lol white numerals on a gold jersey w e w l a d

Not legit, but still interesting. I like it, other than the fact that someone should die if we ever wear gold shirts with gold pants, or blue pants with anything.
I actually like the blue pants with white jersey and gold helmet

And this is from someone who thinks we should only wear white jerseys, yellow britches and gold helmets.

Edit to say - the blue pants look a hell of a lot better than our all white look.

And this is from someone who thinks we should only wear white jerseys, yellow britches and gold helmets.
Blue ööööing pants? How about Hell no?

It's not that I dislike it, gold helmet/white jersey/blue pants doesn't even look bad. It just doesn't look like Tech to me.

Well, I agree. But I'd much rather stray that way than the chicken wire helmets or bubble wrap letters we've had in the past.

I really only want gold-white-gold with an occasional retro throwback.

But if we have to mix öööö up, the blue pants don't look bad

Well, I agree. But I'd much rather stray that way than the chicken wire helmets or bubble wrap letters we've had in the past.

I really only want gold-white-gold with an occasional retro throwback.

But if we have to mix öööö up, the blue pants don't look bad
I like the honeycomb white helmets, though it wouldn't bother me if they removed the chicken wire and just went straight white. Honestly that's probably exactly what adidas will do. The bubble letters are unacceptable.

I also prefer gold/white/gold as our standard home and away uniform, but I'm open to other ideas. If we went back to this traditional look and had the proper gold, I would not be opposed to wearing blue jerseys for home games, maybe keep the gold shirts for homecoming or something.

I like the honeycomb white helmets, though it wouldn't bother me if they removed the chicken wire and just went straight white. Honestly that's probably exactly what adidas will do. The bubble letters are unacceptable.

I also prefer gold/white/gold as our standard home and away uniform, but I'm open to other ideas. If we went back to this traditional look and had the proper gold, I would not be opposed to wearing blue jerseys for home games, maybe keep the gold shirts for homecoming or something.

I loved.....loved the white throwback helmet. I hate the chicken wire helmets with a passion.

Tech has 4 frickin National Championships. Heisman, Alexander and Dodd coached here. We have the oldest on campus stadium. The Dallas Cowboys looked to emulate our uniforms when designing theirs.

We don't have to do gimmicky crap like chickenwire helmets or bubble wrap numerals to garner attention. like some MAC or American Conf school. We have the tradition, we have a bad ass set of colors (even if we can't agree on how much navy should be used).

Just use our colors and fit it within our rich tradition and we will have bad ass uniforms. It isn't hard despite Russell not being able to get anything right except our throwbacks. I'm ok with tweaks to move to the modern, but everything should tie back to the above.

I loved.....loved the white throwback helmet. I hate the chicken wire helmets with a passion.

Tech has 4 frickin National Championships. Heisman, Alexander and Dodd coached here. We have the oldest on campus stadium. The Dallas Cowboys looked to emulate our uniforms when designing theirs.

We don't have to do gimmicky crap like chickenwire helmets or bubble wrap numerals to garner attention. like some MAC or American Conf school. We have the tradition, we have a bad ass set of colors (even if we can't agree on how much navy should be used).

Just use our colors and fit it within our rich tradition and we will have bad ass uniforms. It isn't hard despite Russell not being able to get anything right except our throwbacks. I'm ok with tweaks to move to the modern, but everything should tie back to the above.
I agree with the sentiment, and share your disdain for the bubble numerals. But I don't mind the chickenwire helmets nearly as much as other people seem to, I think it was actually done subtly enough to work.

Aside from my personal preferences regarding colors (I favor the mustard old gold from the UVA throwbacks) my main concern is consistency. Russell was completely incapable of being consistent for most of the time since they first started making changes in 2008. Obviously not everyone will be satisfied, no matter what adidas delivers, but as long as they provide us with all the colors/styles we may need for a given season, they're already lightyears ahead of where Russell left off.

Edit to say - the blue pants look a hell of a lot better than our all white look.
I love the all white look. Would like it even better without honeycomb, but still like it.

Gold white gold should stay the main home imo, though. All white for a white out. Blue shirt for certain bowl games.

Blue pants are right out.

I wonder how many West Standers would have a heart attack if we rolled out in Navy head-to-toe.

1) No blue pants ever.

2) Blue jersies should always have white numerals. Think 1990 jersies or even better, 2006 ACCCG jersies with white pants. Blue uniforms in 2008 peach bowl and 2014 orange bowl didn't look like Tech. Generally, when we wear blue as a primary (which should be rare), the other primary should always be white with gold as the accent.

3) gold jerseys should always have white numerals trimmed in Navy. Best examples of this were 1999-2002 era alternates.

4) we wore white jerseys with gold numerals (navy trim) from 1998-2002. The 1998 jerseys are still my all-time favorite. I like the gold numeral alternate jersey.

5) white helmets are better sans honeycomb... but I agree it is subtle enough not to be a burden. Also like that we haven't junked them up with navy.

Back