Air Force Investigation

breaking news:

Air Force Academy changes name of mascot from Falcons to Afronauts

18mgxj8giyjoijpg.jpg

Are you hinting that all the issues from the USAFA Athl. Dept. should be blamed on the black Athletes?

Please clarify what you wrote above?

Why the name Afronauts?

Are you hinting that all the issues from the USAFA Athl. Dept. should be blamed on the black Athletes?

Please clarify what you wrote above?

Why the name Afronauts?

you are dumber than a rock. if you cant figure it out, then its not worth my time to argue with a dumbass

did you read the thread? if you did, you didnt do a good job. start over and then go öööö off

i got 99 personas
but a snitch aint 1

I don't see anything ITT that is really banworthy. WnE sure is being a dick, but hasn't really caused a problem other than repeating an unpopular opinion over and over.

I remember that conversation. It was a discussion on whether a football program's bad deeds (including academics, off field issues, etc.) could affect a school's reputation as a whole. You were using Miami as an example of a school that has a good academic reputation despite their football program's exploits, whereas I was saying that even though it actually is a good school a lot of people think the opposite due to their football program.

It was in a conversation about adding majors/exceptions/etc. Nobody has ever said acting like a bunch of hoodlums was desired. Miami is a great example of a good school with dumb as rock athletes... And the people who attend know it and don't care. If they let the rob, rape, and steal that is an issue with how they manage them and entirely separate. My point was nobody thinks less of UM academics because their athletes are dumb. Anyone who does is likely a snobby dork.

It was in a conversation about adding majors/exceptions/etc. Nobody has ever said acting like a bunch of hoodlums was desired. Miami is a great example of a good school with dumb as rock athletes... And the people who attend know it and don't care. If they let the rob, rape, and steal that is an issue with how they manage them and entirely separate. My point was nobody thinks less of UM academics because their athletes are dumb. Anyone who does is likely a snobby dork.

That last point is where I disagree with you. I think a lot of people think less of UM academics (or don't realize they have good academics, or view the school overall in a negative light) because of their football program.

That last point is where I disagree with you. I think a lot of people think less of UM academics (or don't realize they have good academics, or view the school overall in a negative light) because of their football program.

I agree people think less of them because of "da U". Nobody can think less of them for their athletes SAT scores. I'm thinking those are sealed and don't have to be reported because Miami is private. Is every low performer on the SAT and in hs a troublesome thug automatically in your world? I'm sorry for being an ass but seriously... Miami chose to present an image of hardcore thugs. That is what people judge them by. Not their actual test scores.

I agree people think less of them because of "da U". Nobody can think less of them for their athletes SAT scores. I'm thinking those are sealed and don't have to be reported because Miami is private. Is every low performer on the SAT and in hs a troublesome thug automatically in your world?

I don't know where SAT scores came into play, but yes, I think that if a school has a reputation for letting in dumb as rock athletes or having joke majors they can hide in, that will bleed over into people's overall perception of the school's athletics.

Maybe it's not right, but I think that definitely happens. And maybe it is right, because it can help show how the school approaches academics and academic integrity.

I don't know where SAT scores came into play, but yes, I think that if a school has a reputation for letting in dumb as rock athletes or having joke majors they can hide in, that will bleed over into people's overall perception of the school's athletics.

Maybe it's not right, but I think that definitely happens. And maybe it is right, because it can help show how the school approaches academics and academic integrity.

Holy öööö...are you serious? Why would anybody ask for exceptions or anything like them if sat scores and high school gpa didn't matter. Btw, every school compromises their athletic and academic integrity. Even precious GT.

Due to the football program, I thought UM was a poor academics, basket weaving, party school until set straight a few months ago by this board.

Holy öööö...are you serious? Why would anybody ask for exceptions or anything like them if sat scores and high school gpa didn't matter. Btw, every school compromises their athletic and academic integrity. Even precious GT.
Totally serious.

Back