Air Force Investigation

I've had to explain to many people up here that Miami is indeed a good school.

:lol:
i do drink my whiskey clear

note to board: maybe we should RESTRICT majors to engineers only, no science or computer science. maybe the expansion of curriculum has been the cause of the problem, and is not the solution?!?
no love for software engineers?

no love for software engineers?

What's the torque generated by a Hoffman compression algorithm run a RISC chipset, and will it shear an ideal uniform Intel Core processor?

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

Yea, I know at GT it is cool to have an overinflated sense of self worth because you went to school with a bunch of other people that are similar. Maybe it is the same at UNC. GT, Florida, and Miami are all good places to get an education. Anyone who believes differently is a snobby jerk.

The perception of GT within the state versus GT from outside the state surprised me as an out-of-state interloper. My undergrad program was the #1 ranked program in the country when I attended (yes, it was higher than MIT for a while), and my graduate work was in operations research (the ISyE program has been #1 for eons it seems). It'll never cease to amaze me that Georgians don't want to accept that GT is becoming a world-class research university with an upper crust academic reputation. Maybe the alumni are a bunch of snobby pricks, but that doesn't change anything.

The perception of GT within the state versus GT from outside the state surprised me as an out-of-state interloper. My undergrad program was the #1 ranked program in the country when I attended (yes, it was higher than MIT for a while), and my graduate work was in operations research (the ISyE program has been #1 for eons it seems). It'll never cease to amaze me that Georgians don't want to accept that GT is becoming a world-class research university with an upper crust academic reputation. Maybe the alumni are a bunch of snobby pricks, but that doesn't change anything.
I had that realization when I interviewed for jobs in Pittsburgh and NYC. People know and put a high value on a GT degree. I had known that it was very good school, of course, but I hadn't known just how good of a reputation it had.

/circlejerk

I know GT is an awesome school. That doesn't mean everywhere else sucks. You guys sound like Sec fans when you act that way. They come off as toothless hicks and you elitist dorks.

/circlejerk:

I know quite a few people out of the state of Georgia that got rejected by Tech (or their kids did), and I think that helps with the respect. Inside the state of Georgia, the acceptance rate is still high IIRC.

I know GT is an awesome school. That doesn't mean everywhere else sucks. You guys sound like Sec fans when you act that way. They come off as toothless hicks and you elitist dorks.
No one is saying everywhere else sucks. In fact, most people in this thread have acknowledged that Miami is actually a very good school.

The point (my point, anyway) is that their reputation does not reflect that like ours does, and a big part of that is their football program. And I know you say that having a reputation for letting in really dumb players wouldn't have anything to do with that, but I disagree.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Someone's jealous he's not entitled to a reach-around at the Alumni Circlejerk.

Must be Andrew, you couldn't pay me to go to one of those.
Really? It's pretty fun. Just imagine climaxing to a thundering crescendo of "EIGHTY THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR!!!!" in a room decorated with pictures from our various bowl losses.

Back