AJC: Brent Key has the players to win in ACC

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
That has absolutely nothing do with the question and results doesn’t always reflect the talent. It’s pseudoscience to some of y’all bc it doesn’t align with your narrative. I guess y’all would also try to convince that UGA talent didn’t increase either
if it wasnt pseudoscience they would get the rankings right basically 100% of the time, but they don't come even close. its absolutely pseudoscience.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
if it wasnt pseudoscience they would get the rankings right basically 100% of the time, but they don't come even close. its absolutely pseudoscience.
Oh great, another ridiculous ST argument. Ironically, the teams with the consistent high ranking classes of this pseudoscience has been the mainstays in the CFB or when GT had its record setting class it correlated into an ACC title when they became upperclassmen.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
That has absolutely nothing do with the question and results doesn’t always reflect the talent. It’s pseudoscience to some of y’all bc it doesn’t align with your narrative. I guess y’all would also try to convince that UGA talent didn’t increase either
UGA talent did increase lately, but they've been winning recruiting rankings and falling short on the field for decades. It took Rivals and 247 that long to be right about them.

It's a tabloid that knows where its revenues are. I've been saying that since before we hired CPJ, so if I'm tailoring my view to this narrative about Geoff, I'm Paul Atreides.

I'm fine with putting a little stock in what they do, but to say it's data that proves a 5-7 team is more talented than a 9-4 team, makes you look like an idiot.

madRazor

Hard
Pseudoscience is still science.
Are you thinking of "pseudosex is still sex" as in sudo sex? I don't quite remember, haven't had access to a system's root chakra in a while. Just like all us incels on ST.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Where are you seeing there is one ööööing person on this board that is part of your imaginary "juice crew" that is still on the Collins bandwagon? I get it, you want the board to be all CPJ, all the time, but it is time to move along. Nobody is going to look at Zach Pyron and say he was part of this imaginary "juice crew" you have manifested in your mind as a way to get back at CPJ.

Our roster has flipped significantly just in the offseason. LB's, new WR's, new TE, a new QB on the roster....this is no longer Collins team and by 2024, I doubt there is much roster resemblance at all to what existed when Collins was coach.
We still have a guy in this thread bragging about how many 4-star players Collins signed over the past 3-4 years; so don't give me this crap about how we don't have Collins bandwagon fans still around. News flash, most of Collins top recruits bailed. Key did not flip the entire roster over this year and we'll still be dealing with Collins roster in 2023 & 2024, the rebuild will happen; but it didn't already happen.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Please show me how anyone, especially amateurs, can differentiate between HS players (or any player, for that matter) to 4 decimal granularity with any sort of statistical validity. It's not possible.
You are wasting your time. Some of these guys have been crowing about the 4th decimal place for the past 3 years. It's all part of the Collins 3-star recruits are better than Johnson or Gailey's 3-star recruits schtick.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh great, another ridiculous ST argument. Ironically, the teams with the consistent high ranking classes of this pseudoscience has been the mainstays in the CFB or when GT had its record setting class it correlated into an ACC title when they became upperclassmen.
Tell me you rode the M-Train without telling me you rode the M-Train. You literally do not know what pseudoscience means.

A recruit reports an offer from Bama or Clemson or UGA and their rating goes up? Science!

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
You are wasting your time. Some of these guys have been crowing about the 4th decimal place for the past 3 years. It's all part of the Collins 3-star recruits are better than Johnson or Gailey's 3-star recruits schtick.
And let’s not forget colleagues trashed his ability to spot and eye talent, you know, where the rubber meets the road for recruiting more so than the ability to create Twitter art.

öööö. It’s why Tashard Choice bounced cause of dumböööö’s lack of recruiting chops. It crippled the program.

GTYJ

Varsity Lurker
We are not even close to having the personnel to win the ACC.
Have another beer if you think that such is the case.
Any objective analyst would put us at the bottom of the ACC.
Also, every game (sans the Division II team that we played) that we won last season could have easily been a loss.
On the other hand, every single loss (with the exception of the UVA) game resulted in us getting blown out.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
And let’s not forget colleagues trashed his ability to spot and eye talent, you know, where the rubber meets the road for recruiting more so than the ability to create Twitter art.

öööö. It’s why Tashard Choice bounced cause of dumböööö’s lack of recruiting chops. It crippled the program.
lol The good ol overrated 4* that no SEC & ACC team wanted. Well, that’s until they transfer to SEC team we cry about being a feeder school

H-town

Helluva Engineer
We are not even close to having the personnel to win the ACC.
Have another beer if you think that such is the case.
Any objective analyst would put us at the bottom of the ACC.
Also, every game (sans the Division II team that we played) that we won last season could have easily been a loss.
On the other hand, every single loss (with the exception of the UVA) game resulted in us getting blown out.
Except that we won those games. I’m sorry if that fact contradicts your glass is half empty attitude about Tech. It sounds like you would be happier cheering for another team, even the ones we beat since they should have beaten us.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
lol The good ol overrated 4* that no SEC & ACC team wanted. Well, that’s until they transfer to SEC team we cry about being a feeder school
How do 4-stars that transfer count towards a talent comparison?

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Those who transferred to the SEC aren't on the roster Collins left, and most of them left before Collins did. So great, Collins recruited some talent like a blind squirrel finding a nut; but then he lost it just as fast. Some of those other 4* recruits haven't produced here or anywhere else. There aren't many on the roster Key inherited that are being offered NIL deals by the SEC. Hopefully the new coaching staff can coach the current roster up so that they play more like the "measurables" the Collins supporters loved to brag about instead of looking slow and weak like posters in the S&C coach thread are complaining about.

TechRush

Dodd-Like
Collins got some talented young men to come to the flats, but unfortunately due to the ease of transferring, left either after they found out what Collins was about, got a bigger pay day or a combo of both.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Watching alleged engineers dismissing data for there own agenda is amusing

Damn we got more talent than TCU. We goin to the ship boys!

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
Collins sucked so bad at recruiting his two best recruiters couldn't run away fast enough from him.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
Those who transferred to the SEC aren't on the roster Collins left, and most of them left before Collins did. So great, Collins recruited some talent like a blind squirrel finding a nut; but then he lost it just as fast. Some of those other 4* recruits haven't produced here or anywhere else. There aren't many on the roster Key inherited that are being offered NIL deals by the SEC. Hopefully the new coaching staff can coach the current roster up so that they play more like the "measurables" the Collins supporters loved to brag about instead of looking slow and weak like posters in the S&C coach thread are complaining about.

We get it. You don’t want to give Collins praise for the recruiting or to have his name attached to the recruiting win with Key, but you don’t have to post blatant lies like that. So Andre White didn’t produce? Brooks hasn’t produce? Pyron hasn’t produce? Spida Sims hasn’t produced? The Tech Way collective was created to keep guys like Blackburn and CLP, who SEC teams wanted.