Alcohol Sales Pilot Program

On the bright side, maybe all the people that are normally inside drinking in CL during the game will actually sit in their seats and watch the game. That way it doesn't look like even the best seats in the house are empty on national television.

All of you who aren’t fans or think it’s an alcoholic who wants a beer while watching the game just stay off the post. The amount of worry y’all have over this öööö is astounding. As a grown ass man having a beer during the game is tradition while watching on the tv. Most people who are going to be drunk will be drunk before the game.

Last edited:

upload_2020-3-6_10-43-31.png

Looks like a decent beer though.

All of you who aren’t fans or think it’s an alcoholic who wants a beer while watching the game just stay off the post. The amount of worry y’all have over this öööö is astounding. As a grown ass man having a beer during the game is tradition while watching on the tv. Most people who are going to be drunk will be drunk before the game.

Hilarious.

So this new dictate of people only posting that agree with, let us say, the OP applies to all posts? Just this one?

Your rules as owner of the site?

Your name isn't Bernie is it?

And I thought the purpose of selling beer at GT sites was to raise $ :) and increase attendance :), but your saying it is more about watching the game on tv?

Hilarious.

So this new dictate of people only posting that agree with, let us say, the OP applies to all posts? Just this one?

Your rules as owner of the site?

Your name isn't Bernie is it?

And I thought the purpose of selling beer at GT sites was to raise $ :) and increase attendance :), but your saying it is more about watching the game on tv?
If I watched the game at home I had a beer. When I show up in person I have a few before the game but would probably drink one in the stands.

What I’m saying is if you don’t like it.. don’t buy any. If it bothers you that people are drinking, just stay home.

But better teams would have no impact on same?

Better team certainly has an impact, but not enough to make attendance "not terrible". Our attendance was pretty embarrassing while having great/good seasons in 2016 and 2014 with an especially pathetic student section. Little better in '08 and '09 but still bad all things considered.

A better pilot program would be adopting the Nascar policy of bringing your own cooler provided it meets the dimension requirements. It's be a long time since I went to a race, but it sure was nice to take my own beer and hotdogs.

I have weighed in on this previously, but as the somewhat rare alum/minister combo I am fine with this. I do take young grandchildren to college football games. I understand that I am carrying them to a place where there is exposure to alcohol. That is whether or not beer and wine are sold inside or not.

Last year was the first year for alcohol sold at ECU games. I thought the crowd arrived more sober. They did not try to drink too much before entering the stadium. For a really hot day game the continued drinking in the sun led to a few sick individuals. The lady behind me rested her head on my shoulder before friends carried her out. But, other than the one really hot game it was fine. I did have aisle seats and the traffic to the beer stand and restroom was noticeably increased.

Agreed. I mean... what could go wrong?
A lot of things. But the probability of significant failure that would impact folks on the ground is less than 1E-06 per flight hour with really catastrophic stuff three orders of magnitude less likely.

A lot of things. But the probability of significant failure that would impact folks on the ground is less than 1E-06 per flight hour with really catastrophic stuff three orders of magnitude less likely.

Every party needs a pooper. That's why we invited you...

maxresdefault.jpg

Back