Alcohol Sales Pilot Program

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I understand that I am carrying them to a place where there is exposure to alcohol. That is whether or not beer and wine are sold inside or not.
I seem to recall that Jesus turned water into wine because everyone drank so much that they ran out. He didn’t seem to have a problem with exposure to alcohol?

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
On the bright side, maybe all the people that are normally inside drinking in CL during the game will actually sit in their seats and watch the game. That way it doesn't look like even the best seats in the house are empty on national television.
CL started allowing alcohol in the seats (as opposed to restricting to the lounge) a couple of years ago.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Dunno why I’m the party pooper. Those odds are perfectly acceptable to me. I fully support WF-type fly bys.
Oh I support a low-level flyover by a drunk pilot or aviator as well.

Cuz possibility of fire.

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
A better pilot program would be adopting the Nascar policy of bringing your own cooler provided it meets the dimension requirements. It's be a long time since I went to a race, but it sure was nice to take my own beer and hotdogs.
Underrated post IMO. I love the idea as it provides flexibility, both to the guy that wants a few cold ones, to the family that wants a couple hot dogs without paying exorbitant prices. I think that allowing coolers may present some security issues, but they may not be that big of a deal. Nascar and Indycar do this well and they still don't experience a huge drop off from consession sales.

On a broader note, I'm very surprised at the people against this. While reading the posts by those against it, it really seems like I'm on the BYU forum; Y'all really sound like the uneducated Mormons around me that have no idea how alcohol works and that anyone that drinks a beer is immediately a drunken asshole.

People that want to get drunk for games will get drunk. Period. Many of those would not drink as much if they knew they had the option to have a beer during the game. In my experience, providing beer at the games is more likely to produce less drunken assholes than more since they are trying to slam beers/shots/whatever before the game.

GT98

Dodd-Like
Underrated post IMO. I love the idea as it provides flexibility, both to the guy that wants a few cold ones, to the family that wants a couple hot dogs without paying exorbitant prices. I think that allowing coolers may present some security issues, but they may not be that big of a deal. Nascar and Indycar do this well and they still don't experience a huge drop off from consession sales.

On a broader note, I'm very surprised at the people against this. While reading the posts by those against it, it really seems like I'm on the BYU forum; Y'all really sound like the uneducated Mormons around me that have no idea how alcohol works and that anyone that drinks a beer is immediately a drunken asshole.

People that want to get drunk for games will get drunk. Period. Many of those would not drink as much if they knew they had the option to have a beer during the game. In my experience, providing beer at the games is more likely to produce less drunken assholes than more since they are trying to slam beers/shots/whatever before the game.
+1. GTAA needs the funds. I like to have a cold one watching the game.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I figured you drank. So your objection is more about family atmosphere?
Partially, I guess – I remember once when I was a kid my father having to confront a drunk seated behind us in the lower west stands, spilling drinks on us, acting like a jackass, etc.

But it's much broader than that. It is comparable to the idea that there's too much skin on TV. A little skin is OK, healthy, happy, normal, just the celebration of human vitality and beauty. But too much skin is the greased edge of a perilous slope that leads to fatherless children, angry feminists, gay marriage and men playing girls sports. (Many people will laugh at that!) The same goes for alcohol and drugs in society. Alcohol can be a pleasure – but there's already plenty of alcohol around and available. It's good for there to be places of public gathering and accommodation, moments of communal joy, where it is, at least, not officially promoted.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Partially, I guess – I remember once when I was a kid my father having to confront a drunk seated behind us in the lower west stands, spilling drinks on us, acting like a jackass, etc.

But it's much broader than that. It is comparable to the idea that there's too much skin on TV. A little skin is OK, healthy, happy, normal, just the celebration of human vitality and beauty. But too much skin is the greased edge of a perilous slope that leads to fatherless children, angry feminists, gay marriage and men playing girls sports. (Many people will laugh at that!) The same goes for alcohol and drugs in society. Alcohol can be a pleasure – but there's already plenty of alcohol around and available. It's good for there to be places of public gathering and accommodation, moments of communal joy, where it is, at least, not officially promoted.
I can see your point, right up to the part about fatherless children. I don’t see a correlation between skin and fatherless children.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I can see your point, right up to the part about fatherless children. I don’t see a correlation between skin and fatherless children.
Hey at least you're not laughing

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Like nobody’s been sneaking their own alcohol into HGF/BDS. So I’m all for beer sales
And this should have gone into effect last year for football .
Then again, I don’t know I would have liked to have seen last year’s results in double

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like

@FBI @GTAA

found the terrorist