All the cred is gone....just like that.

What if one of the team's goals was to beat ND?

this loss could actually help us more than the win.. I bet there are a lot of minds getting rite now for the rest of the season.. better to have lost to a top 10 team by 8 points at the beginning of the season...

We still have one of the toughest scheds in football. Win out and who knows. All is not lost and maybe what we needed was a good wake-up call.

this loss could actually help us more than the win.. I bet there are a lot of minds getting rite now for the rest of the season.. better to have lost to a top 10 team by 8 points at the beginning of the season...

Fair enough. Hopefully this is JT5's WTF game this year (ala Duke last year). And hopefully we develop a credible passing game and better blocking against decent opponents.

I think that's why people are disappointed. We haven't seen a game like this under JT5 in a long time. He looked like öööö against Duke last year but it was chalked up to an anomaly after the year concluded.

Considering the 60+ points we put on Tulane and Alcorn along with the solid performances against CU, UGA, FSU and MSU last year, I think most people expected a bit more on offense. Instead, it looked like a bunch of guys learning the offense for the first time.
It kinda was. New WR's and AB's, but they had first time starters as well that had two games under their belts that executed.

I think we rebound and stomp Duke and I think this may have been a reality check for JT and a baptism for the youngsters.

I think it is wasted energy to try and rationalize what actually happened. That's coulda, woulda, shoulda stuff no one agrees on and the öööö show's fuse is lit.

Man I thought JT was terrible today. I love the guy, and the OL/ABs weren't blocking but he played like doodoo. He needs to improve his passing. He totally missed a wide open Searcy early in the game for a definite touchdown.

My guess- TaxJacket is a 50 year old virgin living in mommy's basement still. Looked at your post history....you literally only post after losses.

My father in law played at FSU and he tells story that Bowden used to say "Sometimes you just watch em run up and down the field" meaning sometimes you're flat and they're not.

This looked like a BYU or MTSU game. But we know teams can grow and get better, and hopefully our young players will do that.

But the worrisome thing is that our OL and QB looked bad and they're supposed to be our experience and strength. I would love to hear how this was youth and inexperience's fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. So we should make excuses for the team with an OLine full of experience and pretty good skill positions completely get their lunch eaten. Some of you are really just idiots. Again excuse me for me wanting more for this team when the opportunity is set up for them. We will go ahead and run through the rest of unranked ACC coastal teams maybe beat Clemson or FSU. That's fine. It'll be a good season. 11-1? 10-2? I'll take that all day. But today's performance on offense was embarrassing for an experienced offense at plenty of skill positions. Mostly JT. He was terrible it didn't matter who was ABack or WR.

And I don't just post after losses. I actually take a little break in the offseason from stingtalk. I'm not a sore loser at all. I just don't like the way we lost. I take losses just fine. This was not the loss we were looking for. 150 yards of offense after the first half. You guys keep being happy with that.

Holy crap. What a bunch of flippin Nancies.

Bad game. Flush it and move on.

Ok. So we should make excuses for the team with an OLine full of experience and pretty good skill positions completely get their lunch eaten. Some of you are really just idiots. Again excuse me for me wanting more for this team when the opportunity is set up for them. We will go ahead and run through the rest of unranked ACC coastal teams maybe beat Clemson or FSU. That's fine. It'll be a good season. 11-1? 10-2? I'll take that all day. But today's performance on offense was embarrassing for an experienced offense at plenty of skill positions. Mostly JT. He was terrible it didn't matter who was ABack or WR.

And I don't just post after losses. I actually take a little break in the offseason from stingtalk. I'm not a sore loser at all. I just don't like the way we lost. I take losses just fine. This was not the loss we were looking for. 150 yards of offense after the first half. You guys keep being happy with that.

So not posting crybaby, bitch posts means we are happy? Again... most of us don't do that because we aren't pussies. Sack up and act like a man instead of continuing your usual, post-loss bigcry bullshit.

Ok...will do. I'll just read the rainbows and sunshine and excuses after a big stage loss. You are the pussys that can't handle öööö.

Crying-baby-013.jpg

Honestly, I'm shocked at the extent to which people bought into the hype for this game. Even Vegas bit on it. Young, totally untested team going into a hostile environment against a top 10 team for their first road game? A team that apparently had some personal axes to grind against us (Tuitt thing, BVG thing)? A team that has a guy that does nothing but look at how to stop our offense?

We looked bad in a loss, but it was probably the least bad game on the schedule to lose, other than losing the unrealistic people who jumped on the hype train. öööö Notre Dame, but let's regroup and take it out on Duke. We'll probably lose some more games before the season is over, but it can still be a pretty good year.

JRjr

Honestly, I'm shocked at the extent to which people bought into the hype for this game. Even Vegas bit on it. Young, totally untested team going into a hostile environment against a top 10 team for their first road game? A team that apparently had some personal axes to grind against us (Tuitt thing, BVG thing)? A team that has a guy that does nothing but look at how to stop our offense?

We looked bad in a loss, but it was probably the least bad game on the schedule to lose, other than losing the unrealistic people who jumped on the hype train. öööö Notre Dame, but let's regroup and take it out on Duke. We'll probably lose some more games before the season is over, but it can still be a pretty good year.

JRjr

Without a doubt. We can still have a great year. We lost to a top 10 team in the road because of the offense. That just sounds like something I didn't think I would have to say with JT and the experienced OL in charge.

We shouldn't drop too far in the polls. Only thing to do now is get back to winning. Rest will take care of itself.

The game really wasn't that bad, honestly.

We've clearly got a problem with perimeter blocking, but we knew that, or at least we should have. I've been saying it all off season.

But we lost 7 points on a BS holding call, lost 6 points on missed field goals, gave up an 80 yd td run after the refs missed an obvious fumble, and only lost by like 8.

ND deserved the win, but we weren't out of it.

We probably win 4 out of 10 vs those guys. And the loss doesn't really hinder any of our season objectives anyway.

A one score road loss to the #8 team in the nation totally negates wins against Clemson, UGA, MissSt, and an excellent showing against CFP-bound FSU?

Rinse the sand out of your collective vag. You guys are idiots. I mean that both as politely and as condescendingly as possible.

Did you guys really think we were going undefeated this year?

And while ND played as good defensively as anyone we've played in quite some time, we still could have won this game. When is the last time 50% of the pitches were bobbled by the A-back? JT5 was indecisive. The mesh point seemed sketch with more frequency than we've seen since Vad ran this thing. We missed field goals. We punted the ball like it was a #14 bowling ball. If we would have ran a clean offense, we probably win this thing despite their great D.

I think playing on the road was a big factor for the new guys. Their defense may have been on the clemson 2014 level. Had we made them pay with passing, would have opened up some running lanes. Losing Smelter and Waller was big. We need one guy to be a credible threat in the vertical passing game.

Defense gave us a chance and will continue to give us chances while we clean up the offense. I expect we have a good offense in most games going forward, just not nearly as good as the end of last year. The 2nd half of this year we need to be rolling on offense.

I think the problem is we expected their QB to make tons of mistakes and get rattled and we would run away with it. Unfortunately, ND is not Maryland or Duke or Wake or any of the teams like that. Their QB was solid and looked calm and in control all game.

Back