Am I the only GT fan that cheers against The Braves, Falcons, and United?

I hope he doesn't come out against drunk driving either...

Hard for me to see the harm in Collins promoting something that could save lives, and honestly I don't recall him promoting masks much more than other college coaches.
I'm sure its not a good idea to get into this discussion on here; I'll probably get banned after being back one day. LOL Coaches need to stick to what's relevant to coaching and recruiting. I don't believe that masks make any difference whatsoever and logic has gone completely out the window in regards to mask wearing and its ability to keep from spreading the china virus. Since the free thinking non mask wearers aren't getting tested, then the obedient mask wearers are the reason for any rise in cases.

I'm sure its not a good idea to get into this discussion on here; I'll probably get banned after being back one day. LOL Coaches need to stick to what's relevant to coaching and recruiting. I don't believe that masks make any difference whatsoever and logic has gone completely out the window in regards to mask wearing and its ability to keep from spreading the china virus. Since the free thinking non mask wearers aren't getting tested, then the obedient mask wearers are the reason for any rise in cases.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

If Power Rangers is still even a thing, your kids cannot watch them or dress like them on Halloween.

1603227927360.jpeg

It's more than that. The Falcons have red and black as their colors and model their uniforms after uGA specifically to troll Tech fans into wearing uga gear on Sundays. Doesn't matter if it's a 20 year old troll or a 20 day old troll. You're still being trolled and playing into it.

This remains one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read. Without a source, I’m not going to believe that the old owner chose the colors “to troll Tech fans into wearing U[sic]GA gear.” For one thing, it’s Falcons gear. For another thing, nobody’s making you wear it. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a piece of Falcons gear in my life.

Even IF it was a troll 50 years ago, who cares? The Falcons wear black, white, and red in various combinations. So do lots of other teams. So what? THEY. ARE. NOT. U[sic]GA.

JRjr

Are you and phd having some kind of “bad take” competition in this thread?

JRjr

Are you and phd having some kind of “bad take” competition in this thread?

JRjr

Just because you want to wear black and red doesn't make it a good idea. It's hypocritical to chant "down with the black and red" on Saturday then wear black and red on Sunday. I get you like the Falcons, but at least admit that.

Am I being too sensitive?

But there was a kick. Atlantans over at the Georgia Institute of Technology were angry an Atlanta-based team was donning University of Georgia colors. Georgia actually wore black jerseys way back in the day, and also wore white pants nearly identical to the Falcons during the start of the Dooley era (the Techies had a point). And, the Falcons road jerseys had black numbers, just like those pesky Dawgs. So, what did the Falcons do?They wore two thin, almost unnoticeable gold stripes on their helmets from 1966-1969. The above picture shows the Falcons somewhere between 1968 and 1970, because the sleeve stripes and sleeve numbers were a minor tweak made two years into the team's existence.

In 1971 the leverage of Georgia Tech influence in the Falcons brand officially disappeared. The Falcons reversed the red and black on their home uniforms, resulting in red jerseys. Not much else changed on the road set, either.

Tech fans in the 50s and 60s - the best Tech fans in history - cared. So should you.

Politics on football board is indeed a ban these days, if you mentioned anything about that.

Discussing masks and corona are ok (without politics), but I think it's a waste of time at this point...

Politics on football board is indeed a ban these days, if you mentioned anything about that.

Discussing masks and corona are ok (without politics), but I think it's a waste of time at this point...
I didn't break any rules then. I merely was discussing logic and free thinking. I know, that's rare on here. :)

I have always cheered against them because they compete with Georgia Tech in the Atlanta market and hurt our ticket sales and athletic budget. Good to see the Braves lose to LA last night!

yep--I also root against the Falcons.I remember when Smith STOLE the franchise and went with uga colors--. and YES,they do compete for attention in Atl.

So what if one of y’all kids is on a team with red and black? Colors are arbitrary to an extent, especially pro teams. College football is different because it was chosen by student athletes and school admins.

That being said I understand the why the reasoning behind why the falcons chose their colors would be reprehensible to some.

Being a Tech fan is not the reason I love Atlanta teams; it is because I grew up in Atlanta. I worked for the Braves, and thereby the Falcons, so my loyaltes to those teams runs deep. Tech has a large number of students and then alums who are not Atlantans - some may well have become fans of ATL teams while in school and beyond, but many would prefer holding past loyalties. So, no no problem if you hate on my Hawks, Braves and Falcons.

Rankin Smith was a Dawg - he was a hypocrite to say he was choosing the colors of both UGA and Tech when the Falcons originated. But, that never kept me from pulling for the Birds. I am still not over the Super Bowl collapse. I love Atlanta teams. As a Triangle resident I have developed quite a love for the Hurricanes and enjoy being a partial season ticket holder. It was hard, but I rooted for them over the Thrashers. Now if the Flames had stayed in Atlanta, I might have stayed loyal to them.

What do you mean by "bad take"?

In sports talk parlance, a “take” is a point of view or perspective on a topic. A “bad take” is a perspective that is in some way ill-conceived, erroneous, or difficult to defend or justify.

JRjr

Just because you want to wear black and red doesn't make it a good idea. It's hypocritical to chant "down with the black and red" on Saturday then wear black and red on Sunday. I get you like the Falcons, but at least admit that.

Am I being too sensitive?

You can’t possibly be this dumb or this illiterate, but I’ll repeat myself one more time. I do not currently, nor have I ever, owned a piece of Falcons gear, nor do I plan on doing so in the future. I’m not that much of a fan. But if I was that big of a fan, I’d get a white or black jersey (I tend to avoid red shirts, but I do have a couple from bands I like) and it would never cross my mind that I was trolled into wearing U[sic]GA stuff by some owner from 50 years ago, because that’s a really stupid, borderline autistic way to think about things.

Hell, I really like Butker - am I allowed to get a red Chiefs jersey, or does U[sic]GA make that that off limits, too?

I did own some Braves stuff in the 90s, and I have a freebie Hawks shirt that I got at a game. That stuff had some red on it - should I have consulted the U[sic]GA fashion police about those, too?

Do you have the lateral thinking ability to grasp that “the white and gold” and “the red and black” symbolize Tech and U[sic]GA (particularly in a sports context) and aren’t elevating or damning the literal colors in every context? Is your head going to explode if Tech comes out wearing black jerseys in a game, as rumor has it? How can we sing “down with the black” when our team is wearing black? It defies logic!

JRjr

Back