Am I the only GT fan that cheers against The Braves, Falcons, and United?

I also root against Atlanta pros teams
The Braves- The Careys made fun of Tech every chance they got. I hate the chop and FSU. Back in the 90’s we lost A game and they announce the score and 80% of the fans went crazy. The National announcers that game could not believe The home college Team was not well like in their home city.
The Falcons. Rankin Smith and sons owned the team and the uniform looked liked the Dawgs uniform. Absolutely hated the bird-dog country t shirts
The Hawks. Dominique Wilkins enough said
Atl United. Red and Black uniforms

Basically the Atlanta pro teams do not market themselves to Georgia Tech fans.
t
The Braves literally have a Georgia Tech night where they give away a co-branded hat.

There are some stupid reasons to root against Atlanta teams in this thread. It's one thing if you're not from Atlanta, already have a different team, or not a fan of the leagues they play in. But some of this two or three steps removed spite toward Atlanta teams seems like a really stupid way to live your life.
  • I don't like the pro teams because they steal fans from Tech just by existing.
  • I don't like the pro teams because the colors they wear might have been associated with U[sic]GA 50 years ago.
  • I don't like the pro teams because some of the fans of the pro team don't like Tech.
You think you're some kind of Tech superfan with reasoning like this, but you're really just letting U[sic]GA control how you live your life, which is pathetic.

JRjr

• I don't like the pro teams because the colors they wear might have been associated with U[sic]GA 50 years ago.
I just checked and uGA's colors are still black and red.

1603198340704.png
1603198464303.png

There are some stupid reasons to root against Atlanta teams in this thread. It's one thing if you're not from Atlanta, already have a different team, or not a fan of the leagues they play in. But some of this two or three steps removed spite toward Atlanta teams seems like a really stupid way to live your life.
  • I don't like the pro teams because they steal fans from Tech just by existing.
  • I don't like the pro teams because some of the fans of the pro team don't like Tech.
You think you're some kind of Tech superfan with reasoning like this, but you're really just letting U[sic]GA control how you live your life, which is pathetic.

JRjr
I’ve never until yesterday heard this pro teams steal fans from Tech bs. Literally nobody goes oh the Braves lost the NLCS, let me focus on that college football team that got raped by Clemson play against Boston College. I find the whole thread to be a pathetic attempt to masturbate about the Braves loss.

I’ve never until yesterday heard this pro teams steal fans from Tech bs. Literally nobody goes oh the Braves lost the NLCS, let me focus on that college football team that got raped by Clemson play against Boston College. I find the whole thread to be a pathetic attempt to masturbate about the Braves loss.

Someone who makes this argument wants to live in Tuscaloosa or Lincoln.

I just checked and uGA's colors are still black and red.

No öööö, but thanks for the update. We already had this conversation, so I’ll summarize. Just because a former Falcons owner was a Dwag fan 50 years ago is a pretty stupid reason to still be butthurt at the team.

I don’t own or want any Falcons gear, but to the extent that I care about the NFL, as a native Atlantan, the Falcons are my team. I don’t care what color their jerseys are, because I don’t let U[sic]GA run my life. I drive a red car, too, because sports cars are supposed to be red. Has nothing to do with U[sic]GA when I drive it to Tech football games or my job at Georgia Tech.

JRjr

JRjr

Just for the record, I fully acknowledge(d) that it's a petty, dumb reason, and I did have another team before it occurred to me that I didn't like the Falcons. By no means do I think this makes me any kind of Tech super fan, and it's honestly not even something I'm proud of.

No öööö, but thanks for the update. We already had this conversation, so I’ll summarize. Just because a former Falcons owner was a Dwag fan 50 years ago is a pretty stupid reason to still be butthurt at the team.

It's more than that. The Falcons have red and black as their colors and model their uniforms after uGA specifically to troll Tech fans into wearing uga gear on Sundays. Doesn't matter if it's a 20 year old troll or a 20 day old troll. You're still being trolled and playing into it.

The Braves are the only baseball I can make myself watch.

I cheer for the Falcons whenever Lynn Cain starts.

Welcome back

Since you have been gone for awhile. How did you feel about CPJ leaving? How do you like Collins?

Thanks!

I was sad to see him leave. Really enjoyed watching the TO when it worked well, but I do feel that we needed a change. Collins, well I love his energy, his relationship with the players, his ability to recruit, his love for GT and brand creation, and his blue eyes :). His coaching, however, remains to be determined. I really think he needs a year or two more before we make that judgement buy I am highly optimistic about where the program is headed. The only thing I don't like is about him is how hard he pushed the mask wearing; but sheeple are whole other subject.

I agree that the Falcons should change their colors. They're too partisan (toward UGA) for the city of Atlanta. The Braves used to be blue. Why not bring the blue back?

dale-murphy-of-the-atlanta-braves-poses-for-a-portrait-prior-to-a-picture-id52463450

Yes, State and Southern are blue but their colors don't elicit feelings of hate.

I want the Braves and Falcons to succeed. I think we should root for all the Atlanta pro teams. It makes the city (and Tech) more attractive to students.
Now they have me liking cincy’s posts. That’s how pathetic this thread is.

The only thing I don't like is about him is how hard he pushed the mask wearing; but sheeple are whole other subject.
I hope he doesn't come out against drunk driving either...

Hard for me to see the harm in Collins promoting something that could save lives, and honestly I don't recall him promoting masks much more than other college coaches.

I have always cheered against them because they compete with Georgia Tech in the Atlanta market and hurt our ticket sales and athletic budget. Good to see the Braves lose to LA last night!
I hope all Atlanta teams lose every game, except Tech.

It's more than that. The Falcons have red and black as their colors and model their uniforms after uGA specifically to troll Tech fans into wearing uga gear on Sundays. Doesn't matter if it's a 20 year old troll or a 20 day old troll. You're still being trolled and playing into it.

You know they also have white gear, right?

Back