Am I the only GT fan that cheers against The Braves, Falcons, and United?

I also root against Atlanta pros teams
The Braves- The Careys made fun of Tech every chance they got. I hate the chop and FSU. Back in the 90’s we lost A game and they announce the score and 80% of the fans went crazy. The National announcers that game could not believe The home college Team was not well like in their home city.
The Falcons. Rankin Smith and sons owned the team and the uniform looked liked the Dawgs uniform. Absolutely hated the bird-dog country t shirts
The Hawks. Dominique Wilkins enough said
Atl United. Red and Black uniforms

Basically the Atlanta pro teams do not market themselves to Georgia Tech fans.
t

State flagship universities are rarely located in major metropolis areas. Has nothing to do with competing against pro teams and everything to do with finding cheap land.

And state flagships are usually the programs with the best sports.

Washington is in Seattle. And they do fine.
Fair enough. I wasn't suggesting causation, merely pointing out the correlation. I actually agree with CGC that we are a sleeping giant, being at the epicenter of college football. We've got a lot more hurdles than a place like Alabama or Clemson, but it certainly can be done. We just have to be patient.

The Braves- The Careys made fun of Tech every chance they got. I hate the chop and FSU. Back in the 90’s we lost A game and they announce the score and 80% of the fans went crazy. The National announcers that game could not believe The home college Team was not well like in their home city.
The Falcons. Rankin Smith and sons owned the team and the uniform looked liked the Dawgs uniform. Absolutely hated the bird-dog country t shirts

t
You should pay more attention to Atlanta United, then. First of all, they played an entire season at Bobby Dodd Stadium, and it was awesome. Secondly, they specifically chose gold as a color as a nod to us, and even have this alternate uniform:

atlanta-united-2020-away-kit-1.jpg

I don't like the Falcons, but it's for a very different and potentially even pettier reason: A lot of the most vocal Falcons fans I know are also UGA fans, and I just don't like seeing them be happy about football. It doesn't matter that I also have good friends that are Tech fans/alum and Falcons fans, my bitterness for UGA is too strong.

It also probably helped that I didn't really follow the NFL at all until after I moved away from Atlanta, so I never really built any kind of attachment to the Falcons.

Braves are cool though, and no issues with Atlanta United.

I don't like the Falcons, but it's for a very different and potentially even pettier reason: A lot of the most vocal Falcons fans I know are also UGA fans, and I just don't like seeing them be happy about football. It doesn't matter that I also have good friends that are Tech fans/alum and Falcons fans, my bitterness for UGA is too strong.

It also probably helped that I didn't really follow the NFL at all until after I moved away from Atlanta, so I never really built any kind of attachment to the Falcons.

Braves are cool though, and no issues with Atlanta United.
As a South Carolinian stuck in the middle, this is why I chose to support the Panthers over the Falcons.

I used to be a big Braves fan as a kid, back in the Smoltz and Glavine days, and a bit of a Falcons fan in the Deion Sanders days. Over time though the Braves and Falcons have seemed to me less and less of a hometown team and more like just other corporate sports teams. What is Atlanta about Matt Ryan? I don't like him or watching him.

Hard for me to care much about the Atlanta United when soccer in the US is the minor leagues of soccer. I'll watch the World Cup.

I used to be a big Braves fan as a kid, back in the Smoltz and Glavine days, and a bit of a Falcons fan in the Deion Sanders days. Over time though the Braves and Falcons have seemed to me less and less of a hometown team and more like just other corporate sports teams. What is Atlanta about Matt Ryan? I don't like him or watching him.

Hard for me to care much about the Atlanta United when soccer in the US is the minor leagues of soccer. I'll watch the World Cup.

I didn't know that you could follow Atlanta sports in Russia?

t
1000%

I didn't say in my earlier post but honestly the fact that I have to be around dwags and dwag colors at Atlanta pro events makes me rather not. You consider everything they have done to pick on us and side themselves with ugag and it frankly makes my blood boil.

I don't really pull actively for any team other than GT. I will attend pro games, United, Falcons, Braves, but win or lose, I am just indifferent afterwards. I doubt I could name 5 players for the Braves or Falcons and I could name none on United.

I do know our 3 string QB is Tucker Gleason. Would have liked to have seen some reps Saturday

The idea that the Braves compete against the Jackets is retarded.

I was 16 when pro teams came to Atlanta. It was a very exciting time. But, it is undeniable that the things that hurt Tech the most were getting out of the SEC and the arrival of the pro teams.

People who were alive back then know how much these things hurt Tech. Bobby Dodd said this. Bill Curry said the Braves were Tech's biggest rival.

But, these teams are not going anywhere, so the best thing for Tech to do is to enjoy them and use their presence to our advantage. It's in doing things like this that Geoff Collins really excels.

Still not over 28:3 on the Falcons. Probably never will be. Been a Braves and GT fan my whole life. No stopping now.

Couldn't care less about the NBA. Couldn't care less about communist kickball, regardless of who's playing.

Falcons uniforms are intentionally designed for beta Tech fans to wear uga colors. If you support the Falcons, you’re either not a Tech fan, a beta, or both.

Gold logo and gold/white away jersey

and Chip Carey is an ass, but Joe never missed a chance to rib him on the air for being a uga alumnus

Been a Braves and Falcons fan since I moved to Ga as a kid in 1967. Went to a Hawks game when they played at AMC and saw Pistol Pete. Came to GT in 1977, so it was ingrained for 10 years before i got here.

Was a big fan of United until I was watching TV for their game earlier this year and they were too upset to play. They showed up and then walked off. Haven't watched a minute since, but will probably relent next year. I eventually got over the baseball player strike(s) although i still don't like Glavine from his big mouth in the 1990s. Lack of respect for the fans who pay their salaries falls into the category of things that probably shouldn't bother me, but it does.

Don't care about the NBA at all anymore - haven't watched a game in years. The China good/USA bad stuff sure doesn't draw me back. I watch sports as an escape; if i want politics it is easy enough to find elsewhere.

t

Yooo this post is Big Cuck Energy lmao

Back