And now ... back to our 2022 season

I might be overestimating things but we have an AD who played for Curry and bleeds White and Gold. Our football coach, who has gotten his hard knocks education at our expense, also bleeds White and Gold.

If I’m going down, I’m going down with people who are as passionate as I am about what we are fighting for. Pretty sure tStan (we were at GT at the same time) and Collins have that love for GT that only comes from paying your dues here.

I was here for Braine(less) and dRad and Bobbleheadinski - none of whom gave a damn about our school.

You guys calling for tStan’s head need to do your homework.

And I don’t know if Collins can right the ship but he and tStan have made significant organizational changes in order to do so.

Can we at least allow them to show us what they can do in what will be their last battle if they fail?
I bleed White and Gold too (and not, I might add, some hybrid blend of white and blue and gold, which they both have seemed to cram down our throats), and I spent 5 years of my life at the Institute and 60 years of my life supporting the school and athletics in any and every way that I could afford, but that sure doesn't mean that I qualify to do the things necessary to make athletics, or any other part of the school, excel. And I sure as hell couldn't coach a team or run the athletics department any better than they do, but the fact remains that both Collins and TSTan suck at everything they do, and they both need to go.

Several decades I would imagine; however if I’m not mistaken, we’re still mentioned in their fight song.
When is the last time a uga football fan considered us a rival? If you say 2016 you are incorrect. The correct answer is 2000.
we play them every year. We haven’t played Alabama since 1984. Our name being in their fight song means nothing.

You guys calling for tStan’s head need to do your homework.

And I don’t know if Collins can right the ship but he and tStan have made significant organizational changes in order to do so.

Can we at least allow them to show us what they can do in what will be their last battle if they fail?

I think that tStan has been a Braine(dead) level AD thus far. A plus for him on the capital raising doesn't override the huge negatives on hiring/extending coaches and the contract he gave a largely unproven coach is pretty bad. The issue with his finances/contract with Oregon St. isn't a good look either for someone in charge of the GTAA budget.

What organizational changes have been made? I'd like to hear these.

Collins obviously gets this season to show that he has things going in the right direction. I hope that he does.

I bleed White and Gold too (and not, I might add, some hybrid blend of white and blue and gold, which they both have seemed to cram down our throats), and I spent 5 years of my life at the Institute and 60 years of my life supporting the school and athletics in any and every way that I could afford, but that sure doesn't mean that I qualify to do the things necessary to make athletics, or any other part of the school, excel. And I sure as hell couldn't coach a team or run the athletics department any better than they do, but the fact remains that both Collins and TSTan suck at everything they do, and they both need to go.
The only time I wear red is when I go to a Braves game. Other than that, red is not a color in my outfit selection. My dislike for UGA, is what drives me to be a GT fan. I have been a GT fan, since my Freshman year of high school (I will avoid the year, for that)... I wasn't very aware of prior bad coaches. However; I have been right about each and every bad coach, that GT has hired. Those that know me, know I am right.

I was referring to the changes in the coaching staff.
Changes to the football coaching staff define "organizational AD changes"? No sorry, for one TStan doesn't get credit for Tashard Choice choosing to leave a sinking ship. But more importantly that's not the purview of an AD. I'm not sure about CGC contract but most coaches are allowed broad discretion in choosing their staffs. I'm glad you like TStan, I'm glad he was a great player and that you were in school the same time as him. That doesn't excuse the terrible mis-management including running off the most successful GT football coach in 30 years, while also allowing the basketball program to rot when you easily could have fired the coach for cause (and I don't want to hear about the ACC tournament championship in a covd year where Duke and UVA were DQ'd for covid). The baseball program is the best thing going, and even they are struggling but TStan gets no credit for Danny Hall.

And what is the problem with DRad? He was a fantastic AD, how much better things would be if we could have kept him. You want to be upset about the NCAA football sanctions? That was dumb and GT should have fought back like UNC instead of cowering to what we now see as ineffective. That's the only blemish I'll give him but that acceptance decision likely could have come from the president and the reason that DRad left.

Changes to the football coaching staff define "organizational AD changes"? No sorry, for one TStan doesn't get credit for Tashard Choice choosing to leave a sinking ship. But more importantly that's not the purview of an AD. I'm not sure about CGC contract but most coaches are allowed broad discretion in choosing their staffs. I'm glad you like TStan, I'm glad he was a great player and that you were in school the same time as him. That doesn't excuse the terrible mis-management including running off the most successful GT football coach in 30 years, while also allowing the basketball program to rot when you easily could have fired the coach for cause (and I don't want to hear about the ACC tournament championship in a covd year where Duke and UVA were DQ'd for covid). The baseball program is the best thing going, and even they are struggling but TStan gets no credit for Danny Hall.

And what is the problem with DRad? He was a fantastic AD, how much better things would be if we could have kept him. You want to be upset about the NCAA football sanctions? That was dumb and GT should have fought back like UNC instead of cowering to what we now see as ineffective. That's the only blemish I'll give him but that acceptance decision likely could have come from the president and the reason that DRad left.
My only complaint about DRad was what I thought was an over-emphasis on raising money for new buildings/facilities. Obviously new and better facilities is never a bad thing, but I just thought there were other things he could have done too. I have a very good Clemson friend, and according to him, many Clemson fans had the same opinion of DRad. In hindsight though, he was a helluva lot better AD than TStan is, and I wish he had not left Tech.

My only complaint about DRad was what I thought was an over-emphasis on raising money for new buildings/facilities. Obviously new and better facilities is never a bad thing, but I just thought there were other things he could have done too. I have a very good Clemson friend, and according to him, many Clemson fans had the same opinion of DRad. In hindsight though, he was a helluva lot better AD than TStan is, and I wish he had not left Tech.
Well that is a big part of the job. Maybe I am wrong but isn't he the AD who spearheaded the indoor facility? That was a big deal for the program. And outside of fundraising I'll give him credit for hiring CPJ which many were concerned about the 3O in P5 and while sometimes it failed spectacularly, it also lead to arguably our biggest win since 1990 in winning the Orange Bowl (the 2nd OB game we went to under Johnson). Hard to say anything with basketball, Firing Hewitt was always going to be expensive but he pulled the trigger. Unfortunately he left too soon after hiring BG.

AND they will go soon almost certainly..

Well that is a big part of the job. Maybe I am wrong but isn't he the AD who spearheaded the indoor facility? That was a big deal for the program. And outside of fundraising I'll give him credit for hiring CPJ which many were concerned about the 3O in P5 and while sometimes it failed spectacularly, it also lead to arguably our biggest win since 1990 in winning the Orange Bowl (the 2nd OB game we went to under Johnson). Hard to say anything with basketball, Firing Hewitt was always going to be expensive but he pulled the trigger. Unfortunately he left too soon after hiring BG.
Yes, he spearheaded the indoor facility as well as some other things, and all of those were great. And he hired CPJ as well, which I also thought was great. But he could have done more in some less visible areas and definitely could have done more to improve staffing and recruiting. But overall, he was a big plus for Tech and certainly better than the bozos we had before him and after him.

Huh? You got an OL going into 2nd & 3rd yr in the system, DBs who got a lot reps last season in area where the previous guys freelanced and got burned all season, RBs you swapped one of the most talented RBs in the country for a RB who the highest grade by PFF, and same with WR. You’re swapping out McGowan & Sanders for Blackburn & Jenkins. The situation is not dire at all
It's one thing to have a sophomore who got playing time as a freshman replacing a senior, it's another to have a junior replacing a senior they couldn't steal reps from or a freshman with no experience whatsoever. On paper, we're worse this season than last and blind optimism for guys who haven't seen the field is your counter (with exception of RB which I'll concede your point as not dire).

The Athlon review places us at #88. We finished last year at #82. Indiana (2-10) was #88 last year.

That doesn't bode well. I picked 4 wins last year, didn't expect the NIU loss. I'm going with 8 wins this year, but anything over 3 wins and CGC is back. Whether he gets canned or not, Todd isn't going anywhere.
If we win less than 6 games and Collins is retained, it will be apparent that our decision makers do not care.

Back