And now ... back to our 2022 season

with all the hand-wringing over conference expansion, there is still a 2022 season that kicks off in less than two months.
Once again, somebody isn't very optimistic about our chances.
This would be a diversion from the ongoing conference stuff, but ...

There is an old saying that you need to stop the bleeding, before treating the wound. We haven't stopped the bleeding, from what I can see. So, I really have no clue where people have this optimistic opinion, we will be bowl bound, all of the sudden. I am not going to go off on a Collins rant. However; I think he is the cause of the wound. As long as he remains the head coach, the wound will never stop bleeding, much less heal. I keep hoping that I get proved wrong. I, once again, hope to be proved wrong, this coming season. With that said, I foresee another 3 win season ahead. Maybe 4 wins.... maybe.....

I and the few other Tech fans who were at Death Valley for Collins' very first game as HC knew it after that one game. Every game since then has confirmed it.
I pegged Collins early, as a bull*hitter... He isn't going to change, nor will he magically learn how to coach. Sadly, there are those that are such huge Collins fans, that they can't see it.

1657541810182.gif
Well, at least we're number 1, in something.... Just saying........

There is an old saying that you need to stop the bleeding, before treating the wound. We haven't stopped the bleeding, from what I can see. So, I really have no clue where people have this optimistic opinion, we will be bowl bound, all of the sudden. I am not going to go off on a Collins rant. However; I think he is the cause of the wound. As long as he remains the head coach, the wound will never stop bleeding, much less heal. I keep hoping that I get proved wrong. I, once again, hope to be proved wrong, this coming season. With that said, I foresee another 3 win season ahead. Maybe 4 wins.... maybe.....
Collins would have to acknowledge the bleeding first, before he ever trys to stop it.

Serious? We just lost probably the 2nd most talented player in GT history after Calvin Johnson. And he didn't leave to go to the NFL he left for a rival. And that was just the top player, lots of others left too.

And we can talk about the close losses but we can't ignore the win against Duke that almost wasn't. They played 1 good game which was UNC and other thannthatbthe season was a failure. I see no reason for optimism with this coach and AD.
Ah, our hated rival, Alabama

I agree with everything except 6 wins. He needs to get 8 wins to stay another year.
I think 6 is a good number for him to stay, no way he gets 8, I don’t think he can even get 3, we beat WCU barely and upset FSU, lose to Duke, go 2-10

I think 6 is a good number for him to stay, no way he gets 8, I don’t think he can even get 3, we beat WCU barely and upset FSU, lose to Duke, go 2-10
I personally do not think he’ll get to 8 wins either, but that doesn’t mean that GT should lower our standards. I don’t believe 6 wins is “progress” simply because he’s underperformed thus far.

I pegged Collins early, as a bull*hitter... He isn't going to change, nor will he magically learn how to coach. Sadly, there are those that are such huge Collins fans, that they can't see it.
There was a poster on TOS, Animal02, I think, who called it at the QuickLane Bowl.

He couldn't get to 8, if 2022 and 2023, were combined.
The AD recognizes he’s tied his future to Gef. It appears to me, ignorant as I admittedly am, that our AD has done all he believes he can to make Gef successful. At the same time, many of our opponents are in the midst of change and ripe for bad seasons themselves.

The AD recognizes he’s tied his future to Gef. It appears to me, ignorant as I admittedly am, that our AD has done all he believes he can to make Gef successful. At the same time, many of our opponents are in the midst of change and ripe for bad seasons themselves.
I might be overestimating things but we have an AD who played for Curry and bleeds White and Gold. Our football coach, who has gotten his hard knocks education at our expense, also bleeds White and Gold.

If I’m going down, I’m going down with people who are as passionate as I am about what we are fighting for. Pretty sure tStan (we were at GT at the same time) and Collins have that love for GT that only comes from paying your dues here.

I was here for Braine(less) and dRad and Bobbleheadinski - none of whom gave a damn about our school.

You guys calling for tStan’s head need to do your homework.

And I don’t know if Collins can right the ship but he and tStan have made significant organizational changes in order to do so.

Can we at least allow them to show us what they can do in what will be their last battle if they fail?

I might be overestimating things but we have an AD who played for Curry and bleeds White and Gold. Our football coach, who has gotten his hard knocks education at our expense, also bleeds White and Gold.

If I’m going down, I’m going down with people who are as passionate as I am about what we are fighting for. Pretty sure tStan (we were at GT at the same time) and Collins have that love for GT that only comes from paying your dues here.

I was here for Braine(less) and dRad and Bobbleheadinski - none of whom gave a damn about our school.

You guys calling for tStan’s head need to do your homework.

And I don’t know if Collins can right the ship but he and tStan have made significant organizational changes in order to do so.

Can we at least allow them to show us what they can do in what will be their last battle if they fail?
Lot to unpack here. First, I’m just saying what I believe reality is, and that is that TStan has tied his future to Gef. As such, he’s gone all in this year.

But, if I wanted to call for TStan to be fired, I wouldn’t require much homework to find justifiable reasons. Off the top of my head, he couldn’t balance his own checkbook, and that disqualifies him to manage our Athletic Department’s money. Also, he didn’t have the foresight to see our basketball season wasn’t going to be stellar when he used our basketball team as support to “stay the course.”

All that being said, I also recognize the reality that Gef is our coach and TStan is our AD, and it will remain that way until at least week 4 of the season. As such, I have done my best to refrain from saying negative things about either of them. I’ve been moderately successful at this, and to the extent my prior posts (and certainly this one) violate that, I accept your rebuke.

Last, as to “going down,” I refuse to believe GT is a sinking ship. If it’s captains are blowing holes in it, I humbly suggest they walk the plank. I did that at the end of last season and have tried not to do it again since they were retained.

The last statement you made pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter, however. They’re our leaders for now. Let’s support GT and hope for their success.

Disagree with the bolded part. Last year was the roster high water mark. We've got a rebuild on OL, defensive backfield, RB, and WR. The only groups who have obviously improved are QB (depth) and TE (should have a new starter here).
You're mistaking experience for acceptable performance. Just because we lost 3 starting DB's and 3-4 starting OL's doesn't mean we are rebuilding those spots. We had guys behind them being developed that are now in their 2nd and 3rd years. Those were arguably our two worst positions on the field last year also, so just because we are replacing upper classmen with younger guys doesn't mean much at all in the sense of "rebuilding."

There was a poster on TOS, Animal02, I think, who called it at the QuickLane Bowl.
I was banned from that site. They don't like the truth... Full of leftists, that want to stroke each other's c*cks... I recall the name Animal02, however. I am too old and set in my ways, to act like someone that I am not. If a see a pile of chicken öööö, I call it chicken öööö. Even if you put frosting on it, it's still chicken öööö. But, that's me... I'm the rare GT fan, that didn't attend. I got accepted into GT. However; joined the Marines and lost sight of college, after I got out. So, I have no skin in the game, so to speak... Just hate UGA and most UGA fans.. I find the UGA fan base to be mostly assholes.. GT had a more accepting fan base. At least more welcoming...

The Athlon review places us at #88. We finished last year at #82. Indiana (2-10) was #88 last year.

That doesn't bode well. I picked 4 wins last year, didn't expect the NIU loss. I'm going with 8 wins this year, but anything over 3 wins and CGC is back. Whether he gets canned or not, Todd isn't going anywhere.

Back