And we thought CPJ set us back.....

We are all trying to figure out how to fix the mess we are in.

But we are all thinking you are a genius for being the first one to figure out how we got here.

Here is your official "Attaboy"

Feel free to put it on your resume which, I'm sure, is equally impressive.

Whatever man. People who think CPJ set GT back in football… I’m over it. Too much is made about “the scheme.” The only units impacted by the scheme are OLine and receivers. We’ve had plenty of time to replace them.

Give me good coaching, scheme be damned. Don’t care if we run the Annexation of Puerto Rico offense. So long as it’s well coached.

eh, thread is weaksauce.

CPJ won ACC coach of the year 3 times. That is not setting a program back. "But the player type" - he used non-option players and beat UGA in year 1. He was a great coach. Move on.

If the following games “set us back” then somebody please get me another serving, it was worth it. I challenge any “CPJ doomed our program for life” to please respond:

2008 FSU
2008 Miami
2008 UGA
2009 MSU
2009 VT
2009 UVA
2009 Clemson x2
2012 ACCCG
2014 — the whole damn thing
2015 FSU
2016 UGA
2016 Kentucky
2018 VT

If the following games “set us back” then somebody please get me another serving, it was worth it. I challenge any “CPJ doomed our program for life” to please respond:

2008 FSU
2008 Miami
2008 UGA
2009 MSU
2009 VT
2009 UVA
2009 Clemson x2
2011 Clemson
2012 ACCCG
2014 — the whole damn thing
2015 FSU
2016 UGA
2016 Kentucky
2018 VT
Fixed.

öööö anyone who thinks this. Football fans who happen to like GT from the 90s and not GT fans mostly.

We are all trying to figure out how to fix the mess we are in.

But we are all thinking you are a genius for being the first one to figure out how we got here.

Here is your official "Attaboy"

Feel free to put it on your resume which, I'm sure, is equally impressive.
No attaboy, just trying to vent that the grass isn't always greener. I dont completely blame CGC either he's damn sure trying, I'll give him that and the props for trying, however 3 wins a year is NOT CUTTING IT.....

Whatever man. People who think CPJ set GT back in football… I’m over it. Too much is made about “the scheme.” The only units impacted by the scheme are OLine and receivers. We’ve had plenty of time to replace them.

Give me good coaching, scheme be damned. Don’t care if we run the Annexation of Puerto Rico offense. So long as it’s well coached.
You, and everyone who thinks Paul Johnson or Geoff Collins or the combination of the two have spelled the death knell of Tech football, are oversimplifying the entire issue to a degree that I don't know how to describe it with an analogy. Paul Johnson gave us seasons and wins which we have had precious few of since the Dodd era. He did that with another guy's players and with his own. Nevertheless, when he left, we had a severe talent deficit, and Collins inherited that. Most people were fine with giving Collins the first year to look like total trash, and so we did. They should have been willing to accept the second year being rough as hell too, but we still had a number of people who decided that this didn't look like the rebuild they imagined in their cavernous heads, so they'd seen enough a year ago. Now, that number has increased and it is easy to throw together slogans and memes to mock our coach because people are sick of waiting for a reason to be optimistic. I get that. I also get that the same people don't know what the öööö would fix our program, they just know they're not happy with the way things are and they've got internet access. They may very well be right that Collins is a total clown and we will never be successful under him. But they don't know that, they only know they don't like this.

All this öööö is more complicated than the hypercondensed horseshit StingTalk is bursting with, but complications and critical thought don't net as many likes as "9in3"

Back