Another potential recruiting bust.

Yea, i was rather shocked to see that the most important story of the day was that a fb recruit smoked grass. Even if it had been a uga player, i'd have snickered when I read it, but never would've thought it so important that the entire city stop what it's doing to find out some high schooler got caught smoking weed.

So I decide to click on AJC.com as I always do when I get into the office in the morning.....and the top billing story on the front page (Not the Sports page) is "TOP GT RECRUIT ARRESTED". In all the hundreds of UGA recruits that have been arrested, not once, NOT ONCE, have I seen it on the top page, or even on the front page of the website. LOL - You've got to be ööööing kidding me. The AJC is a joke with all of their UGA Tards. GO öööö YOURSELF SAN DIEGO!!!

I like how whenever anything happens to a GT recruit, they're always the "top recruit".

There has to be something good about the character of this kid to be recruited by Tech in the first place. Most if not all of us have done things in our life we needed a second chance for. If he makes another mistake then can him.

Hey that's good publicity for the football team. Vegas just increased our odds to win the national title.

if thats the case then why do we give our SA's 3 times before booted?

Kid made a mistake, he comes into tech on suspension from day one or something like that or he already has one strike against his record vs 0 coming in.

This is reasonable.

You have to pull the offer.

It goes against everything that GT FB stands for to give a recruit a scholly after we have knowledge that he was arrested in HS.

We give him a scholly, we look like Auburn.

No brainer, we have to cut ties with this recruit.

You still claiming that 1990 Nat'l championship? then you better reconsider what you say about the "no brainer...cutting ties" mumbo jumbo.

So I decide to click on AJC.com as I always do when I get into the office in the morning.....and the top billing story on the front page (Not the Sports page) is "TOP GT RECRUIT ARRESTED". In all the hundreds of UGA recruits that have been arrested, not once, NOT ONCE, have I seen it on the top page, or even on the front page of the website. LOL - You've got to be ööööing kidding me. The AJC is a joke with all of their UGA Tards. GO öööö YOURSELF SAN DIEGO!!!

The media is becoming more and more like TMZ

if thats the case then why do we give our SA's 3 times before booted?

Kid made a mistake, he comes into tech on suspension from day one or something like that or he already has one strike against his record vs 0 coming in.

I think this is exactly how it should be handled.

It's probably actually better for us if he gets caught in High School and has to clean up, than if he struggles with it in college.

Calvin Johnson admitted to smoking weed when he was at the NFL combine, didn't he?

This is a non-issue.

He shouldn't have any strikes at GT because he didn't do it at GT. Obviously if he breaks the rules at GT he will have to deal with the consequences. I'm all in favor of GT providing him counseling when he shows up though, or some sort of drug awareness classes.

He did something that is legal in some states, and that is no longer being prosecuted by the federal government. I'm not aware of anyone on here who does anything but snicker or laugh at someone from uga who gets caught smoking.

In the grand scheme of things, this is about as harmless as a crime as you can get. He didn't:

Hurt another human being
Hurt another living creature
Carry an illegal firearm
Try to (or actually) use a firearm when he shouldn't
Drive under the influence
Do something stupid while under the influence
Damage other people's property
Steal other people's property
Force himself on a woman

About 40-50% of all people in our country have tried weed. Seems stupid to cut ties with him because he did it once. It's technically illegal, but it wasn't a felony, so its not that much different than speeding, disorderly conduct, or public drunkenness.

Calvin Johnson admitted to smoking weed when he was at the NFL combine, didn't he?

The Raiders then "played it safe" and took Jamarcus Russell instead of Calvin's dumbass. Remember, anyone who has smoked weed must always have their thoughts and beliefs second-guessed. Forever.

legal the rule is the rule. Plaxico burres doesn't go to prison in GA for shooting himself in the leg provided the gun was legally licensed to him.

The rule in this state is no marijuana, follow it or move to colorado...But just because one state does this that or the other doesnt' give anyone the right to break the rules in other states. This doesn't justify his action

you can disagree with the rule, fine, but its the rule so follow it. Clearly this is a minor misdemeanor type thing. Clearly in the grand scheme of things...really who cares. I agree. But he broke a law. Its public, GT now has to respond period (which could happen in private)

he was a GT commit, if he doesn't come in with some restrictions or admonishment, then GT will dump his offer. Trust me. This is not alabama.

legal the rule is the rule. Plaxico burres doesn't go to prison in GA for shooting himself in the leg provided the gun was legally licensed to him.

The rule in this state is no marijuana, follow it or move to colorado...But just because one state does this that or the other doesnt' give anyone the right to break the rules in other states. This doesn't justify his action

you can disagree with the rule, fine, but its the rule so follow it. Clearly this is a minor misdemeanor type thing. Clearly in the grand scheme of things...really who cares. I agree. But he broke a law. Its public, GT now has to respond period (which could happen in private)

he was a GT commit, if he doesn't come in with some restrictions or admonishment, then GT will dump his offer. Trust me. This is not alabama.

I agree with this!!

GT doesn't have a reputation of admitting potheads and CPJ is not the one that's going to break with form. Even if it is his decision alone, which it prolly isn't. Kid's good as gone. Sad but true. Does beg the question if recruiters aren't clearly addressing this type of thing early. They should be.

All we need to do is convince UGA fans that legal weed would be a boon to their football program and it would be legal in this state overnight. Then this wouldn't be an issue anymore.

All we need to do is convince UGA fans that legal weed would be a boon to their football program and it would be legal in this state overnight. Then this wouldn't be an issue anymore.

Im surprised with all of the UGA congressmen we have in this state that weed hasnt already been legalized just so their football team wouldnt get so many kids kicked off their team.

Since he is only a verbal commit, there is no reason to do anything about this now. In 5 months, if he has not gotten in any other trouble, I don't think anyone will care. If he flips to Auburn in January, Tech can say they had concerns and he wasn't a good fit anyway.

I'm in Colorado, and legal here or not, many workplaces (including mine) still require drug tests and won't hire you if you test positive for marijuana. I'm not sure what CU's policy is, but I'd be surprised if universities stood for it even if it were legal (at least for quite a while longer). Besides, the kid is underage so it'd be illegal even here. Punishment should be consistent with underage drinking, IMO.

Back