Another potential recruiting bust.

I'm in Colorado, and legal here or not, many workplaces (including mine) still require drug tests and won't hire you if you test positive for marijuana. I'm not sure what CU's policy is, but I'd be surprised if universities stood for it even if it were legal (at least for quite a while longer). Besides, the kid is underage so it'd be illegal even here. Punishment should be consistent with underage drinking, IMO.

I agree, but bottom line is this kid deserves a chance by GT. If not us, someone else will take him. If he messes up again, ok shame on me.

I can only imagine the öööönado that would rip through StingTalk if his scholarship is pulled.

h95A4BEE4

I agree, but bottom line is this kid deserves a chance by GT. If not us, someone else will take him. If he messes up again, ok shame on me.

So coming off an off-season where we lose multiple critical players for weed violations, you want us to bring in a recruit that has.............wait for it.................weed problems in HS?

Playing FB on full scholly at GT is a privilege, we should be able to fill our open schollies with players that have not been arrested while still in HS.

Calvin Johnson admitted to smoking weed when he was at the NFL combine, didn't he?

Calvin Johnson didn't enter GT having been arrested in HS for weed.

Big difference between that and admitting you smoked weed in college after you measure out at 6-5 235lbs. and run a 4.35-forty.

So coming off an off-season where we lose multiple critical players for weed violations, you want us to bring in a recruit that has.............wait for it.................weed problems in HS?

Playing FB on full scholly at GT is a privilege, we should be able to fill our open schollies with players that have not been arrested while still in HS.

So he has a weed problem? I didnt read that.

About 40-50% of all people in our country have tried weed. Seems stupid to cut ties with him because he did it once. It's technically illegal, but it wasn't a felony, so its not that much different than speeding, disorderly conduct, or public drunkenness.

We don't know that he did it once.

We know that he was arrested and booked around noon, which means that he probably had the weed at school, which probably means that he is a habitual weed smoker/user.

It is not likely this was his first time.

Last edited:

[y]is7Dc8BiqfM[/y]

One thing the Carvell article omitted was that he had the weed AT SCHOOL. That changes things a wee bit now. How dumb do you have to be to be carrying weed at school the day before your first game? I don't know if I want anybody that dumb at GT.

If you get arrested for weed at any time in your life, then you have a weed problem at that time.

The arrest makes it a weed problem.

I have a weed problem in my yard, but so far the homeowners association has let it slide.

If you get arrested for weed at any time in your life, then you have a weed problem at that time.

The arrest makes it a weed problem.

Its a misdemeanor....if you get caught with a beer in your hand at that age you get a misdemeanor....that doesnt make you an Alcoholic.

I'm very concerned for the quality of my degrees if he is allowed here. Once he steps foot on campus, im prettt sure my boss will have no.choice but to fire me since my degrees wont be worth as much and he will think.i am a pothead. This hits me hard at home cause i have 3 tech degrees...should have diversified.

Am i doing this rite?

legal the rule is the rule. Plaxico burres doesn't go to prison in GA for shooting himself in the leg provided the gun was legally licensed to him.

The rule in this state is no marijuana, follow it or move to colorado...But just because one state does this that or the other doesnt' give anyone the right to break the rules in other states. This doesn't justify his action

you can disagree with the rule, fine, but its the rule so follow it. Clearly this is a minor misdemeanor type thing. Clearly in the grand scheme of things...really who cares. I agree. But he broke a law. Its public, GT now has to respond period (which could happen in private)

he was a GT commit, if he doesn't come in with some restrictions or admonishment, then GT will dump his offer. Trust me. This is not alabama.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get in trouble. I'm saying it should be with the relevant legal authority and the school he is currently attending. I'm also saying that it's foolish to pull a scholarship over this.

I'm very concerned for the quality of my degrees if he is allowed here. Once he steps foot on campus, im prettt sure my boss will have no.choice but to fire me since my degrees wont be worth as much and he will think.i am a pothead. This hits me hard at home cause i have 3 tech degrees...should have diversified.

Am i doing this rite?

Your punctuation and spelling make me think you have a weed problem.

Back