another question for the Gailey haters.....?

Re: Chan has been approached about jobs....

[ QUOTE ]
Chan was approached about UF job after Spurrier left but he had no interest.

O'leary was approached about NUMEROUS JOBS that never made it to the public arena. Unless you interview it rarely makes the public waves.

I assure you if CG leave GT and WANTS to coach he will be coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you hear this? When the UF job was open I was told by a major UF backer that Gailey would not be contacted and never was contacted. How do you pass this off as fact?

Buzz I swear I am not MsTA and I know nothing about her
I am sorry if I offend you but like you I am just putting my 2 cents worth in
FWIW I have met Chan and I like him as a person but I like GT football better and I think it is in sad shape now and very few people care, they prefer to be someones homecoming game than to admit the wrong man was hired

This was pretty common knowledge. If you look two posts up TML recalls it. CG quarterbacked UF and had he not been coaching at GT (still the Miami OC) he would have probably been given the job over Zook.

The point I was making is just b/c you don't hear about it does not mean coaches are not sought after. O'leary was pursued by some Big 10 schools. The only time you really hear about it is when a coach interviews.

And even when they interview this can be done for the purpose of getting a raise. Didn't O'leary interview at Auburn for that reason.

Ironically I wonder how long Meyer will last at UF. If they lose a couple of more games this season by wide margins he is going to be in for a rough off season.

This is what concerns many (including myself) about hiring a coach w/ an unconventional offense. Those offense's have a way of looking good in the Div IAA and lower tier Div 1 but when they get to the ACC, SEC, and BCS competition they quickly looked over-matched.

Tommy Bowden @ Tulane looked like an offensive genius. At Clemson he is looking like a buffoon.

[ QUOTE ]
If CG goes into Miami and wins will you support CG and the team?

I believe that the Auburn game will be repeated when we travel to Coral Gables.

[/ QUOTE ]

CG and the TEAM???????

Absolutely! I will be there. My entire crew has designated this as our annual road trip game. We make one road game a year regardless.

Will you think less of me if I don't support CG though later on?

Don't know if that was the reason he turned it down, but he was certainly right about UF not accepting mediocrity. None of the top-tier programs do.

[ QUOTE ]
You are either uneducated in the history of southern football and Ga. Tech's place in it, or you are simply trying to confuse people of limited football history in hopes of propping up Gailey.

[/ QUOTE ]

bdg you just can't take a record and make it look good for your point . What has dooley arrival got to do with it any more than Richt arrival after Donnan?
Dodd was and still is GT greatest coach but his record against the mutt's 12-10, 9 of the 12 wins came in the first 12 years he was 3-7 after 1956.

GT wins about 2 in 6 and we have through out our history. We seem to do better when the mutt's do not have a strong coach when they do it's just a wee bit harder for us to win.

At worst they get 5 or 6 players for every one we get and thats no matter who the coach is.
That's not trying to prop CCG those are the FACTS.

Re: He double hockey sticks no

[ QUOTE ]
Who thought this year was supposed to be our year? Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

The general opinion on the board was that we would win 8 games this year with an outside shot at playing for a conference championship. 8 wins with a chance to win more sounds like a breakout year to me. I predicted 6-5 plus or minus a game.

[ QUOTE ]
If anybody said we would do well this year they predicated it on Reggie making a step to elite status.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the third year starter at QB that was recruited by and coached exclusively by Gailey and his staff would need to have a good season in order to acheive 8 wins with a shot at a conference championship.

[ QUOTE ]
We have a QB that throws more inteceptions than TDs, an OL with one starter over R So status

[/ QUOTE ]

Who recruited them and whose been coaching them?

[ QUOTE ]
a DL devastated by injuries

[/ QUOTE ]

But somehow ranked 7th against the run

[ QUOTE ]
and our best DB was impersonating a Cheech & Chong movie plot.

[/ QUOTE ]

But somehow ranked 32nd in pass efficiency defense

I am sorry you made an obsurd post about us "starting to open up a talent gap" against two teams that we have already been dominating for a decade before the current staff arrived.

According to you, we have better talent, but have had worse results. Wouldn't that mean the difference was coaching?

It is impossible that you passed calculus at GT.

Eight wins was the OPINION of fans who were clearly PARTIAL.

I seem to recall a three year starter near Opelika who stunk it up. I guess that coach stinks too. Although I hear he did OK in year four with the same QB.

Like I said, do the math. Chan has had three recruiting classes and O'Leary left the cupboard bare. No way you can blame the lack of Jr and Sr OL on Chan. Anyone who does should be ignored as a biased blowhard.

About this great D you are crowing about, who recruited them and who is coaching them?

I knew you couldn't understand even simple points so I don't know why I put one out there that is more complicated. Some of the other posters got it I'm sure. See if you can get one to explain it to you. If not, just keep b&m and I'm sure things will get better for you.

no subject

Chan has my support until the last second ticks off the clock of the bowl game this year - at which point I'll make my judgement on the season and decide whether or not he should still be coach here in my opinion.

I'd consider myself a fool to judge a team's season or the coach thereof before it was even halfway finished.

I feel the same way.

More people should take your advice.

Back