Another stadium mod?

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
What is the deal with the construction at gate 10 at BDS? Anyone know? Its been going on all summer

What is the deal with the construction at gate 10 at BDS? Anyone know? Its been going on all summer

i typed in ""bobby dodd" construction gate 10" into google and got this:

https://www.ldiline.com/home.cfm?id=15456

Bobby Dodd Stadium Gate 10 @ Ga Tech

Bid date: Apr 22, 2010 (4:00 PM)
VIEW or Order Drawings | Return to Previous Page
PROJECT INFORMATION:

Project location The Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Project type Addition
Project value ($)
Project size (sq. ft.) less than 5,000
Bid status open
Special instructions
Specification manual Yes
No. of drawings 22
Drawings breakdown CVR(1) CIV(18) ELE(1) STR(2) Drawing sheet size 24 x 36

Comrade Buzz, your sig image looks like there was an explosion just out of frame to the right. -- And I get what you mean about r-r-r symbol!

Lame. Why can't there be a Bobby Dodd and John Heisman statue at every corner of the stadium.

Lame. Why can't there be a Bobby Dodd and John Heisman statue at every corner of the stadium.

I like this idea! who would qualify?

Dodd
Heismann
Alexander....

then maybe a few players: Castleberry, ... who?

who else? (Rice already has one, i think in the parking lot, no?)

Dodd
Heismann
Alexander....

A large statue of this one would remind everyone of a certain coach.

heisman-trophy.jpg

Damon Evans

Dodd
Heismann
Alexander....

Bobby Ross. Hello.

Disagree. He was only here for five years and then left for greener pastures. Not saying he's not great and a great Georgia Tech coach, but you don't erect a statue for something like that.

I'd say Dodd and Castleberry. You could maybe do Heisman but he's not as closely associated with Tech. Just Dodd and Castleberry are the ones to do if you're going to do it, in my opinion.

Dodd is to GT as Bryant was to Bama (except with actual character and morals), and we all know about Castleberry.

Wait, we have to leave room for Paul Johnson and Joshua Nesbitt.

Paul Johnson statue:
pauljohnson.jpg

With actual smoke coming out of the statue.

Joshua Nesbitt statue:
slideshow_1360928_gatech.1108_6-2.jpg

The ball will be in the air by some levitation device that graduate students at Tech will have spent years designing for this sole purpose.

Or we could just do them both like this:
georgia-tech-quarterback-josh-nesbitt-heads-back-onto-the-field-after-talking-with-coach-paul-johnson.jpg

all that stuff

Winning a football national championship for Georgia Tech = good enough reason to erect a statue. Who else disagrees with this? If so, why? Afraid we'll have a lot of guys come here and win NCs and leave after a few years? Oh the horror. :rolleyes:

Disagree. He was only here for five years and then left for greener pastures. Not saying he's not great and a great Georgia Tech coach, but you don't erect a statue for something like that.

I'd say Dodd and Castleberry. You could maybe do Heisman but he's not as closely associated with Tech. Just Dodd and Castleberry are the ones to do if you're going to do it, in my opinion.

Dodd is to GT as Bryant was to Bama (except with actual character and morals), and we all know about Castleberry.

Heisman coached 51% of his career games at GT, while winning 102 of his 185 career total wins. Also, Heisman spent 16 years at GT, which was by far his longest stint anywhere. Five years at Auburn was his second longest tenure.

Winning a football national championship for Georgia Tech = good enough reason to erect a statue. Who else disagrees with this? If so, why? Afraid we'll have a lot of guys come here and win NCs and leave after a few years? Oh the horror. :rolleyes:

Also, if I remember correctly, a few years ago when Ross paid a visit, he sat with the folks in the stands. Upper East, I think. He could have sat in a box or asked for special treatment, but he didn't. He is a good guy that won us an undisputed National Championship (because I ain't disputing it, its ours). He was probably the hardest working coach we've ever had.

Might I add, this is how I remember his visit. I may be wrong.

Heisman coached 51% of his career games at GT, while winning 102 of his 185 total wins. Also, Heisman spent 16 years at GT, which was by far his longest stint anywhere. Five years at Auburn was his second longest tenure.

You don't have to tell me the facts, I know them. But the fact remains that he is not really associated with Tech by the general public. Not like Dodd is, anyway.

Also, I'm not trying to criticize Ross in any way. I just personally don't think we should erect a statue of him. Give me Dodd and Castleberry.

You don't have to tell me the facts, I know them. But the fact remains that he is not really associated with Tech by the general public. Not like Dodd is, anyway.

Also, I'm not trying to criticize Ross in any way. I just personally don't think we should erect a statue of him. Give me Dodd and Castleberry.

Bill Alexander and John Heisman: A hundred football games won for Georgia Tech plus a national championship. Each. Each guy did those things. But this is ...

...wait for it....

not quite impressive enough for a Mets fan. :laugher:

If you were the general public, which school would you associate Heisman with?

Bill Alexander and John Heisman: A hundred football games won for Georgia Tech plus a national championship. Each. Each guy did those things. But this is ...

...wait for it....

not quite impressive enough for a Mets fan. :laugher:

Exactly :rolleyes:.

If you were the general public, which school would you associate Heisman with?

I wouldn't. I would associate him solely with the Heisman trophy. Much like the general public would associate Madden solely with the video game franchise.

Mets Guy, I'm poking fun for the most part and you probably know that. But on a serious note: Why the **** would it matter what the "general public" thinks? Why would that factor into your decision whether to build a statue? Do you think the "general public" knows dick about Castleberry?

Back