Another stadium mod?

Mets Guy, I'm poking fun for the most part and you probably know that. But on a serious note: Why the **** would it matter what the "general public" thinks? Why would that factor into your decision whether to build a statue? Do you think the "general public" knows dick about Castleberry?

Exactly! I bet most non-GT fans would associate Heisman with GT. And I bet most non-GT fans (and most casual GT fans too) would say, "who the hell is Castleberry?"

Mets Guy, I'm poking fun for the most part and you probably know that. But on a serious note: Why the **** would it matter what the "general public" thinks? Why would that factor into your decision whether to build a statue? Do you think the "general public" knows dick about Castleberry?

It probably shouldn't, and in my first post I didn't really disagree with him having one, just that I personally wouldn't do it. I certainly wouldn't be against it or really disagree with it. But I still wouldn't do it if it was my decision.

I would be against building one for Ross though.

Statues:
Heisman
Alexander
Dodd
Ross
Castleberry

Bobby Ross won a national championship at Georgia Tech when our program was the pits. Period. Look at the years surrounding 1990. The 80s were pretty much the worst decade for the program in its history, and the early 90s featured a 1-11 season. Smack in the middle is Ross's national championship. Hell yes he deserves a statue.

You have market yourself. Who cares what people think now? If we want Heisman to have correlation with GT, but up a monster statue and remind people. You know ESPN would show the statue at every game. Make it HUGE!!!

How about a head bust for Ross? As others said he was here five years but did win a MNC. Honor him but life size statue a little over done.

I'm sorry, I thought it was a big deal when Tech wins a NC in football. Guess I was wrong. Uniform colors anyone?

Why would we build a statue for Dodd? What did he ever do for Tech again?

Why would we build a statue for Dodd? What did he ever do for Tech again?

Coached at Georgia Tech for 36 years (including a national title and eight straight victories over U[sic]GA) and served as athletic director for 9 more. That's 45 years working for Tech, which is well over half of his life. Put the focus on character instead of winning, but won anyway. Never coached or worked at another school. A Tech man through and through.

THAT'S a man who deserves a statue.

Coached at Georgia Tech for 36 years (including a national title and eight straight victories over U[sic]GA) and served as athletic director for 9 more. That's 45 years working for Tech, which is well over half of his life. Put the focus on character instead of winning, but won anyway. Never coached or worked at another school. A Tech man through and through.

THAT'S a man who deserves a statue.

Can't imagine that his question wasn't TIC

Knowing Mets Guy his response was probably double-reverse TIC.

It was. Well the post itself wasn't double-reverse TIC, but the fact that I actually crafted a legitimate response to the TIC post was.

You get it.

How about a statue of our basketball coach, Paul Hewitt Sucks? Hands on the head, hat turn sideways, zillion dolla suit, tweetin to his fans. Pants on the ground.

Back