Anthony Allen has a request

JacketDO

Varsity Lurker
"Dear GaTech fans, don't talk bad about my team. We see every word you say. I have enough trouble trying to keep their heads up now. thanks"

Straight from twitter

Alright, folks. Well, guess the pity party's over. Let's clean it up. Move along. Nothing to see here ....

We all take pride in our team, and his request is right on point. Let's Go Kick Some Hokie Ass!!!

:drinking:

Fight
Win
Drink
Get Naked!

I'm surprised the players have time to read Stingtalk?

We're not talking that bad about the team. Most of the negative stuff that has been said here was justified. Hell, it should serve as a motivator to do better.

We see every word you say.

The above part bothers me a lot but not exactly sure why. :o

I do think we need to stop identifying specific players when talk about 'em. They are kids after all.

"Dear GaTech fans, don't talk bad about my team. We see every word you say. I have enough trouble trying to keep their heads up now. thanks"

Straight from twitter

I have a request to pass along to Anthony Allen:

Could you please get Paul Hewitt to retweet this? I think it would be more effective that way.

The above part bothers me a lot but not exactly sure why. :o
It shouldn't. They don't know you personally and if negativity/criticism hurts them, they can stop reading.

I have overheard a few of the players say that the stuff we say on the message boards is stupid, though there are few gems. So, if most of them think that we have no clue about anything, they shouldn't give a damn.

It shouldn't. They don't know you personally and if negativity/criticism hurts them, they can stop reading.

I have overheard a few of the players say that the stuff we say on the message boards is stupid, though there are few gems. So, if most of them think that we have no clue about anything, they shouldn't give a damn.

Have you ever read ST? The overwhelming majority of stuff we say on here IS stupid.

There's been a lot of stupid bull**** posted on this board since I've been here... yet here I am, 1540 posts later, still posting.

But you are right, that is actually why I was bothered by it. That they not only read things fans write but they also are bothered by it.

Well, I guess that pretty much confirms our worst fears that this team mentally weak.
Yep.

Have you ever read ST? The overwhelming majority of stuff we say on here IS stupid.
Didn't say in my post that the majority of post here weren't stupid. However,(like the poster above me says) this type of response from the team does show mental weakness. If they really think that most of the post/criticisms here are stupid and unfounded, why care about it?

Message for Anthony Allen:

You guys are awesome. You didn't quit on Saturday and we cant ask for anything more than that (besides having the same attitude in practice).

We get to sit on our couches and pretend that each loss hurts us more than it hurts you guys and that it is all your fault. Well that is bullsh1t. You guys put in the work every day and fight like hell to win the game even when it looks grim and I know it tears you apart when that is not enough. Any measure of pain we feel is just a shadow of what you guys go through.

Sometimes we call it like we see it when it comes to the team but it is never because you guys failed us. Its just football.

Maybe when we start selling out every game and every fan gets on their feet and screams until they lose their voice when we are on defense and cheers as loud as any fan in the country, THEN we can start talking about how the team has failed us. Because that is when we stop failing the team.

I'll be there on Thursday night in Blacksburg. Not because I think GT will win (I think we have a shot). But because GT is my school and you guys are my team. And I will be screaming my heart out and encouraging everyone around me to do the same.

Keep it up.

PS. Will you sign my piece of goalpost?

Well, I guess that pretty much confirms our worst fears that this team mentally weak.

There's been a lot of stupid bull**** posted on this board since I've been here... yet here I am, 1540 posts later, still posting.

But you are right, that is actually why I was bothered by it. That they not only read things fans write but they also are bothered by it.

Yep.

Go F** a pencil sharpener.

Message for Anthony Allen:

You guys are awesome. You didn't quit on Saturday and we cant ask for anything more than that (besides having the same attitude in practice).

We get to sit on our couches and pretend that each loss hurts us more than it hurts you guys and that it is all your fault. Well that is bullsh1t. You guys put in the work every day and fight like hell to win the game even when it looks grim and I know it tears you apart when that is not enough. Any measure of pain we feel is just a shadow of what you guys go through.

Sometimes we call it like we see it when it comes to the team but it is never because you guys failed us. Its just football.

Maybe when we start selling out every game and every fan gets on their feet and screams until they lose their voice when we are on defense and cheers as loud as any fan in the country, THEN we can start talking about how the team has failed us. Because that is when we stop failing the team.

I'll be there on Thursday night in Blacksburg. Not because I think GT will win (I think we have a shot). But because GT is my school and you guys are my team. And I will be screaming my heart out and encouraging everyone around me to do the same.

Keep it up.

PS. Will you sign my piece of goalpost?

Should be stickied

Back