Anthony Allen has a request

Although i would never call out an individual player, the things said on here should be used to motivate. All the negativity on the UGAG board had no effect and they turned it around.

because the UGA is not Tech and the UGA players cant read the message board

get a grip, now we are comparing ourselves to UGA???

God would act different if he said "well, the Devil does it.."

"Dear GaTech fans, don't talk bad about my team. We see every word you say. I have enough trouble trying to keep their heads up now. thanks"

Straight from twitter

There is an old saying: When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

This team is not tough. I see the lack of toughness every time I watch them. I hear Paul Johnson say in press conferences they are not tough, and I sense his frustration because of it.

Now we have a player sending out a message that says, in effect: "Please stop picking on us, you are upsetting us."

Straight from a player's mouth: This team is not tough. His statement is appropriate for a sorority girl, not a football player.

If you wonder how this team differs from last year, don't start with the loss of Bay Bay. Start with the lack of toughness.

He's reading this? Cool. Check it out.

Hey Ant, get on our boys to learn their assignments and execute the plays, and you'll never see another complaint again. Losing sucks, but there's a cure: winning.

Our team needs a leader that will push everyone else to get better, because we're not very good in all honesty. Are you that guy? The goof off video replies to Heather Spinach / etc where pretty funny, and I liked them. You're one of my favorite players in years, I love your attitude with the fans, and I love how you represent GT. But leaders aren't just liked, they motivate those around them. You rock, Ant, you're a good player, but great players improve the performance of those around them. Step up and lead this team to greatness, by riding their asses every time they screw up, being positive when they do stuff right, and instilling in them the drive they need to get better.

No more dropped passes and no more missed blocking assignments = ACC Championship Game. Most of us fans have basically given up hope that the 2010 team can get their blocking assignments and dropped passes fixed. You're one of the few people on the team capable of stepping into a leadership role to get those fixed. Do it.

Or don't. I'm still going to come to Miami and Duke and cheer like hell and hope for the best, but as long as we continue to drop passes and goof our blocking assignments, I'm going to continue to tell people in conversation that we're not a very good football team, because those are the things that make you a good football team.

Also, just a suggestion, it might help everyone's focus to get the team to lay off the weed until January. Get some pain meds from the AA to tide everyone over until then. Big ass Motrin pills or something.

Last edited:
i bet you would not say this either to AAs face, nor if you knew what he did on a daily basis to get better

do you think its mentally tough to come vent on a message board? those people that usually call out others for being soft are typically the pussies

Point to one time I called our team soft. I never have. I'm not defending the behavior of half of Stingtalk, there are some folks here who really suck, but that's not exactly news. Anyone who's ever been to Off Topic knows that.

Pretty sure I've never called out a player here, certainly not this season anyway. I will admit to calling out Reggie a while back, but in retrospect I'm sure the players on the 06 team will probably forgive me, considering all the facts. The worst I've said about our players is that we aren't as smart as Navy players, and that's true, despite us being smarter than most of the rest of Div1.

All I've said is we're not a particularly good football team. And we're not, because good football teams can block, can catch, and can get off blocks on D. And hell, our D still seems to be making strides, considering the talent we lost. Held Clemson to less than either game last year, despite our abysmal offensive performance.

We have exactly 8 days to make huge, amazing strides in both blocking and catching or we finish 1-3. Saying that isn't an insult, it's a fact, and I'd be highly surprised if the coaches weren't saying the same thing.

do you think its mentally tough to come vent on a message board?

This idea has been passed around on so many message boards over the years...

...we all know the typical responses...

...I figure by now we would have evolved beyond this having to be mentioned...

...but no. Don't be typical Czar because you're typically not.

Waaaa! go to a school where they don't criticize their players. Oh that's right, there aren't any.

If the same level of scrutiny were applied to our fans it wouldn't turn out to well.

I sure hope you are an A+ fan (season tickets, donations to the tharpe fund, wearing the proper shade of gold (the trick part is knowing which one)).

All of this said, I have no problems with threads discussing plays, what went wrong, etc.

There's a line between objective comments---XX player missed the block on that play and YY made a great block---and subjective comments (YY stinks). In other words, it is fine to say Hill has missed a few catches catches and dissect what objectively might be wrong (was he well covered, was the ball poorly thrown, did he just appear to miss?) but other commetns wouldn't be so fair. Hill in particular has speed and the capability to be a very good receiver. It is also fine to point out the fine play by some folks in our secondary and difficulties in executing the 3-4.

This is a football board where people talk about football every now and then. I assume that isn't what Mr. Allen is objecting to. The team played hard against Clemson. They got beat. It isn't reason to doubt everything about our players, program, coaches and their respective capabilities. I think that's the stuff that would bother me if I were in their shoes. I wish we were better than 5-3, but it isn't the end of the world. This still could be another good year. I see no reason to doubt the player's efforts. I'm sure they are frustrated by the losses. But we should enjoy the wins a little more.

If the same level of scrutiny were applied to our fans it wouldn't turn out to well.

I sure hope you are an A+ fan (season tickets, donations to the tharpe fund, wearing the proper shade of gold (the trick part is knowing which one)).

No, I'm not an A+ fan. And you know what, I'm not going to be. I went to school at Tech. I graduated from there twice. I'll chear for them and get to a game whenever I can. LIKE MOST FANS OUT THERE.

It's very simple. If AA wants to hear less whining from fans, then maybe they should win games. Or at least block. Or catch a pass. Or maybe, just maybe they shouldn't read message boards and get back to practice. Now that's a novel idea.

Latest team related twit (tweet?):

@Ant_Allen18: Iron sharpens Iron.. Somehow I gotta get all my teammates to care as much as me.. Most do but not all.. Let's get it together

No, I'm not an A+ fan. And you know what, I'm not going to be. I went to school at Tech. I graduated from there twice. I'll chear for them and get to a game whenever I can. LIKE MOST FANS OUT THERE.

It's very simple. If AA wants to hear less whining from fans, then maybe they should win games. Or at least block. Or catch a pass. Or maybe, just maybe they shouldn't read message boards and get back to practice. Now that's a novel idea.

Maybe if you want to hear less whining about your fandom, then you should show up to more games. Cheer louder. Donate more. Or maybe, you shouldn't throw stones in a glass house. I don't think you are a bad fan. I'm not an A+ fan myself. So, I'm a little more hesitant to whine about the team's performance. Besides, its more fun just to enjoy the games win or lose.

I understand disappointment with the team, especially after expectations were high. But I got over that after Kansas and if I wasn't over it then, I was by the end of NCST. But here we are a month later and folks are still whining.

When Tech wins it makes for a great day. When we lose, I'm disappointed, but it doesn't affect my life or attitude anymore. Maybe that's me aging. But what I get from a lot of folks is that somehow a loss makes them a miserable person for a week and a win doesn't do much for them. Hence the incessant whining.

Break down the game tape--that'd be awesome and much better than whining, and you might provide insight to the rest of us.

There was. Colin Peek did it and the whole board had a hissy fit saying how much they hated him. It was kind of funny because what he said was completely true.

C'mon dude. :p

There was. Colin Peek did it and the whole board had a hissy fit saying how much they hated him. It was kind of funny because what he said was completely true.

Yeah, because like whining, it was better left unsaid.

Of course, I don't think its fair to compare us to Alabama fans. We have jobs and most of us can't move our homes to campus for a game.

Back