Anthony Allen has a request

It is sad that we justify our attitude and behavior towards players by saying that UGA and VT fans do it too. Congrats, you're no better than a UGA or VT fan. Here is an novel idea, try to show some class as a fanbase and not be like VT or UGA.

Are you serious?

Cause you certainly never called out any of our players before...?

so much for Blair kicking better. that was horrible.
****in a embry!!!!

Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

Are you serious?

Cause you certainly never called out any of our players before...?

Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

Here's a novel idea. Everyone on this thread that is trying to take the high road should probably shut it. You're no better than anyone else.

I criticize a play in a gameday thread and you think that equates to saying players have no heart, don't deserve a scholarship, don't want to wi, they all suck, etc...

Here's an idea maybe you should shut up. Works just as well since neither of us give a **** what the other has to say. If I want to criticize fans who feel the need to throw players and coaches under the bus when we lose, I'll do so. It's the internet tough guy, and if you can't handle someone criticizing you for being critical, who is the hypocrite now.

I criticize players in a gameday thread and you think that equates to saying players have no heart, don't deserve a scholarship, don't want to wi, they all suck, etc...
Fixed.

But don't you get it? It's all lumped into the same negative critique that this thread is ultimately about. You are trying to excuse yourself because you criticized a player in a gameday thread? What makes you different than anyone else that criticizes any other player? I wouldn't even bring this up if you said "Good try Embry, you'll do better next time" instead of saying "****ing Embry".

Here's an idea maybe you should shut up.
What are you 8 years old?

Works just as well since neither of us give a **** what the other has to say.
If you didn't care, you wouldn't be responding. Same with me.

If I want to criticize fans who feel the need to throw players and coaches under the bus when we lose, I'll do so.
As will I and I called you out for throwing players under the bus. Fans do that because they get frustrated.

It's the internet tough guy, and if you can't handle someone criticizing you for being critical, whose the hypocrite now.
I think you are still. I'm not the one saying take the high road and yet still cussing out a player. This would be a different discussion if you stepped back and said something like "ok, I won't criticize the players any more because they don't like that". Then again, if you do say that, you better stay the hell out of the gameday threads.

H-Town has a point.

We aren't being ****ty fans, well we are actually after a loss, but what school isn't.

After VPI lost to JMU, everyone was calling for coaches heads and blaming Tyrod Taylor etc.

There isn't a big name football program out there that doesn't have sour fans during a down year or after a loss.

We gotta get over it though.

H-town, if it took you 10 minutes to figure it out, then you might be beyond hope in terms of intellectual ability to understand ideas

it means, it doesnt matter how many idiots act like idiots; if you dont want to be one, dont act like one, no matter how many other idiots there are

if we want to be #1 at something, our best shot is being #1 in producing STUDENT athletes in mold of the vision of Homer Rice

that does not include acting like a spoiled brat when you dont get what you want - the way most of our players act, but few of our fans.

if you want to tell a player that you think he didnt do well, there's a way to do that.
if you want to tell your buds about how disappointed you are about the team's performance, go right ahead
if you want to post on a message board how the team is not living up to what you thought they could do, thats fine
but if you act like an ass, and vent on here about teenagers letting you down or sucking ass, then you have no idea what these guys go through and you dont have a right to do that unless you think its your right to be an ass to a teenager that owes you NOTHING

i am not thrilled with the performance of some of our players either, but i dont come on f'n StingTalk to feel better about it. thats some misguided approach if ive ever heard it

keep drinking the jack and coke, but when you're ready to put on the big boy pants youll realize you stupid your comments in this thread are.

You seriously think these are the same thing??? I criticize a single negative play by each player and you think it's the same thing as saying they have no talent and suck. you're right, you got me there.

BuzzCzar, gotta give you credit cause couldn't find any recent posts by you cussing out a player. :D

BuzzCzar, gotta give you credit cause couldn't find any recent posts by you cussing out a player. :D

or even any old ones. if i dont like something that i see, i talk to them, and/or maybe their position coach

edit: during a game at Tech recently, i did stand up and yell really really loud "F%$king DIVE!!!" at a play that you might recall. But i dont come on here when i get home and bitch when noone on this board CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

You seriously think these are the same thing??? I criticize a single negative play by each player and you think it's the same thing as saying they have no talent and suck. you're right, you got me there.

Was your criticism emotionally driven? Weren't you just pissed off and frustrated that the play didn't work out? Well, believe it or not, all criticism by fans are driven by that frustration. My opinion is that this is okay just as long as you know this is all a game.

I really hope that our players understand that when it comes to the game of football, they are way ahead of 99.9999% of us here. When a (true) fan says so-and-so sucks, they will still line up to get their autograph and hope for good things for them in the future.

Case in point... Bay Bay dropped that 4th down pass vs. ugag. A lot of people criticized him for it but when the NFL draft came around, we all (even the critics) still wanted him to get drafted as high as possible.

or even any old ones. if i dont like something that i see, i talk to them, and/or maybe their position coach
Unfortunately, I don't have access to either and don't want to be the next Dede. :p

"Dear GaTech fans, don't talk bad about my team. We see every word you say. I have enough trouble trying to keep their heads up now. thanks"

Straight from twitter

Great now get out there and kick some freakin hokie a-s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!

The only schools that don't have fan negativity after losses are schools like Duke, Rice, etc where no one cares and losing is expected.

The problem is that the alternative to having critical fans after losses is having apathetic fans or no fans at all.

My thoughts:

We're fans (short for fanatics) of the program. This team represents that program that we're some level of passionate about. We can't practice, study or play for them, we can only watch... and talk. That's how we express our passion. Win or lose, that's all we can do... talk or say nothing.

Maybe we should say nothing. Have you ever been to an opponent board where they're not talking about the game, past or present? It's very odd, and almost depressing. No one cares. No fans. It's passionless. Fans who inhabit these places are passionate about the program, and the current team. We're going to talk.

If we talk, then we can deal with positives or negatives. We can try to analyze as best we know how - which may be dumb at times. But it's all we can do. When we lose, it's going to revolve around what went wrong that game, or what is consistently wrong with our game. We will talk, and the players want fans who care enough to talk. But we do need to stop singling out the players who are the ones working. It is much harder to learn to cut block effectively, than it is type it. They all want to win, and they're all working to do that. For me, I need to be better at analyzing and leaving off criticism of specific players.

Finally, we fans do need to realize that as good a life lesson as athletics is, it is still just a game. We bloat our egos over a win and deflate them over a loss. We need not do that. In the history of major college football, there are only 12 teams with winning percentages over 65%. There are another 13 teams 60% or over. The rest are under 60%. That means that even the very best lose 4 of every 10 games on average over time. We need to bear this in mind when we attach our egos to wins - it's gonna be a rough ride.

I cannot find it now, but what is the quote from Dodd on how we should act towards the players?

If Anthony Allen reads these boards, can I request that he get Lucas Cox to do his Lou Holtz impression again?

Although i would never call out an individual player, the things said on here should be used to motivate. All the negativity on the UGAG board had no effect and they turned it around.

We're not talking that bad about the team. Most of the negative stuff that has been said here was justified. Hell, it should serve as a motivator to do better.

I haven't seen anything here that I would think would motivate anyone to do anything. :D

Back