anybody worried about UVA?

gt23eric

Dodd-Like
I haven't seen to much of them.

I know they run a 3-4 defense. Which many think is the D to run against us. Wonder how this will effect us? MSU ran some of this and we had success passing.

Looking at their roster the OL is huge as always. This may cause us problems.

Their QB is a big dude...6ft3 225.

Any thoughts?

I haven't seen to much of them.

I know they run a 3-4 defense. Which many think is the D to run against us. Wonder how this will effect us? MSU ran some of this and we had success passing.

Looking at their roster the OL is huge as always. This may cause us problems.

Their QB is a big dude...6ft3 225.

Any thoughts?

Virginia is getting better,But the Jackets will put an end to their streak 31-21. GT is due for a win in Charlottesville.

I don't think that this will be a let down game. The importance of this game is too big considering our current location in the standings etc. Plus, we are really rolling on offense right now. Honestly, I'll be more worried about Wake or Duke than I am about UVA. The Jackets will win...not a blow out but will win by approx 2 TDs in a game that was never in any real doubt.

Despite UVA's winning streak, deep down I really feel like they're crap. The only thing that has stopped our offense in the last four games has been our own mistakes. If the defense continues to play well, I think we'll win comfortably.

Until we beat them in Charlottesville, I'm very scared....especially after such an emotional victory at BDS this past weekend. CPJ should be up to the task of getting the Charlottesville monkey off of our back.

The thought of losing this game is painful, because if it happens the first line of the post game AP write-up will say something like: "Georgia Tech can't get past team William & Mary defeated." :puke:
Don't get me wrong, William & Mary is an excellent school, but their football team is, quite literally, a joke (i.e. William is hurt and Mary can't play).

I think there are two trap games left this season, UVA and Duke. If Nesbitt stays healthy and CPJ remains at the helm (:biggthumpup:) we should be in really good shape.

As much as I would like for our team to play in Tampa, a BCS bid may be locked and loaded if we go 11-1 and do not play in Tampa. It's really strange how that could be the case.

The thought of losing this game is painful, because if it happens the first line of the post game AP write-up will say something like: "Georgia Tech can't get past team William & Mary defeated." :puke:
Don't get me wrong, William & Mary is an excellent school, but their football team is, quite literally, a joke (i.e. William is hurt and Mary can't play).

For whatever reason, UVA seems to recruit well. On a purely player-for-player basis, I don't know if we have an overall edge in talent. I can't imagine how we could lose this game unless it is just an alignment of the planets that warps the Earth's magnetic field in the Virginia area. We should bang heads for about a quarter and a half, and then slowly pull away.

I'm very worried about this game. We should win, but I can think back to many games in the past 18 years we should've won at Virginia.

4 retureners on O and 4 on D. They lost so much talent from last year; i dont see how they can hang. C-ville is haunted for many teams, but i think if we execute it will be a non issue.

ANY WORD ON THEIR INJURIES YET?

This would be a chanesque loss. Chan is no longer coaching here. We lost to them last year so that should be motivation to destroy them.

"A very good coach, good team, lots of talent. They will be a problem for us, we have a lot of respect for this team and their staff. I expect our team to be focused but after last weeks game, our guys could be looking at their past victory and not thinking about this game".

Look only at this game and this team, enjoy all the victories at the end of the season.

Do not under estimate this Head Coach or his team.

The difference between this year and last year is that we have already played the most difficult teams on our schedule as opposed to last year where we had to play FSU after UVA (players could have taken UVA lightly and been more concerned with FSU).

CPJ has made it known that this game is a BIG deal. Last year going into UVA, it was treated as another game, which is fine, but it wasn't treated as "ending the streak." These guys will be preparing for this like any other big game because UVA is the coastal division leader, we are trying to break the curse, and we are trying to prove that we are consistent (CPJ always talks about consistency like it's the Holy Grail).

Other reasons we won't lose: Cedrick Peerman is gone. Our team has proven to be able to adjust to defenses (VT game). We are battle tested on the national stage, our guys won't have any stage fright. Nesbitt is twice as good this year as he was last year. Our passing game is a threat this year as opposed to last year. Our offense isn't 1 dimensional this year, Nesbitt can carry a good portion of the load instead of just Dwyer. I can go on and on.

If we lose this game, it will hurt worse than any loss in YEARS. That reason alone is why our guys prepare hard and execute.

This would be a chanesque loss. Chan is no longer coaching here. We lost to them last year so that should be motivation to destroy them.

Does that mean last year's lost to UVA was a Chanesque loss?

I'd put it more like a Bill Lewis loss,It would be a while for Me to recover(Just like the two Peach Bowls against LSU).

Calling it Chanesque is just dumb. Why don't we call it Carrollesque - Poodle Pete has more mindnumbing losses than Chan could ever dream of? The point is - everyone loses games they're not supposed to, it's why we keep watching.

Back