anybody worried about UVA?

We've lost every game I haven't been to this year. It doesn't look like I'm going. I am nervous.

They are bigger than us. That counts for something. Chalk one more guy up in the "nervous" column.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nesbitt got put on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week, either...and totally curse us on top of the already curse....

Wait...is that why we are cursed? The William Bell SI cover? I mean, really?

Is this stingtalk or Pansyville. Good grief you babies, this game is a lock.

Kramer.jpg

But it's a LOCK Jerry!

Is this stingtalk or Pansyville. Good grief you babies, this game is a lock.

Thanks. At least someone has some sense.

Gosh, if our players lacked the cojones of half the people on this forum, we would've been shut out by Jax State.

Scratch that, CPJ would have cut you all from the team. Where's the damn support? All I see is fear.

Gosh, if our players lacked the cojones of half the people on this forum, we would've been shut out by Jax State.

Scratch that, CPJ would have cut you all from the team. Where's the damn support? All I see is fear.

I'm pretty sure that players thinking the game is a lock is exactly what Paul Johnson doesn't want. I believe he has said many words to that effect since Saturday, in fact.

Check my prediction in the contest. ;)

I was waiting at least till Wednesday or Thursday to put it down in a post. :)

I'm pretty sure that players thinking the game is a lock is exactly what Paul Johnson doesn't want. I believe he has said many words to that effect since Saturday, in fact.

Who said that CPJ wants his players to think the game is a lock?

I know I didn't. I said that CPJ doesn't want players who believe in curses and are scared of their opponent.

I don't buy this jinx ****, never have. We just play them too late in the season. I am worried but it's up to our staff to have both sides of the ball prepared. Wommack has improved but if he regresses, he should be gone. Josh & Co put balls on the ground without contact? Munchkin, or whoever's supposed to be the hot shot should be running steps. We can and should win this game but it's going to take an improvement from here on out. Mental mistakes are not an excuse at this point. It's a team effort but it's on the staff and, for you young guys, it should be. They're getting paid! They should have their noses up guys cracks (that's known as pushing/prodding) every chance they get from here to the first of 2010.

LET'S GO, JACKETS! LET'S GET US ANOTHER ONE!!

TO HELL WITH UVA!!!

We're only favored by 4 points. Not exactly "lock of the century" material.

We should be worried, just like any game. I'll be worried when we play Vandy and Duke. It doesn't mean I think we won't win. I think we'll cover the spread easily. But all the same, I'm still worried. Every game, I'm worried until the final second ticks off the clock.

I haven't seen to much of them.

I know they run a 3-4 defense. Which many think is the D to run against us. Wonder how this will effect us? MSU ran some of this and we had success passing.

Looking at their roster the OL is huge as always. This may cause us problems.

Their QB is a big dude...6ft3 225.

Any thoughts?

If by worry, you mean, am I concerned that we might lose, then yes....that's why we play the games....

I'm intensely worried about UVA.

No true Tech fan can't be worried about UVA.

The last time I wasn't worried about UVA was 1999, and they beat a Joe Hamilton Heisman Trophy Candidate led offense 40-something to 30-something starting their LONG SNAP HOLDER as their QB because the other 3 guys on the depth chart were injured.

On a hook and ladder play.

That they ran TWICE IN A ROW.

You're right about the '99 game loss; the 3rd string QB light up the D along w/Thomas Jones.

However the infamous hook and ladder play (twice in a row, procedural penalty on the first one) was in 2001. I unfortunately remember it well since it happened right in front of me. Looooooonnnnnnnggg drive back to Atlanta after that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nesbitt got put on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week, either...and totally curse us on top of the already curse....

Wait...is that why we are cursed? The William Bell SI cover? I mean, really?

I blame last year's loss on Czar's avatar. Frickin liberal.

Potential "flatness" + due for a rash of turnovers = teh fear ... :ugh:

Remember my post about how excited I was about VT being a heavy public play from a gambling perspective?

Yeah, people are going to pound the hell out of the new unstoppable ACC juggernaut and its killer offense at -4 this week. :ugh:

Absolutely correct. Everyone, including the University of Georgia Bulldogs, can make their season a success by derailing the high flying Yellow Jackets. How long has it been since we could TRUTHFULLY SAY THAT??? This is what we wanted, isn't it? This is what we've longed for the last forty years. I say bring it.

Remember my post about how excited I was about VT being a heavy public play from a gambling perspective?

Yeah, people are going to pound the hell out of the new unstoppable ACC juggernaut and its killer offense at -4 this week. :ugh:

And if "everybody" is really doing that, the line will be much bigger by kickoff. It will get balanced and the house takes its 10%.

VT wasn't that big of a betting favorite--the line didn't really move.

Back