anyone covering spring game?

That's Holland Frost, who moved to DB. He had like 20 tackles. I've taken to calling him Ice Man.
He was second string since we have: Holton, I Johnson, Milton, Griffin, and Noble out.
Second team defense had quite a few walk ons getting reps

7 for 20, with a dropped TD and 2 other drops off the top of my head, one that turned into an int after it hit Synjins shoulder pad.
It was actually pretty good passing for the most part. But go ahead and judge based on stats since you didn't see it. It's a common theme on sting talk

That's Holland Frost, who moved to DB. He had like 20 tackles. I've taken to calling him Ice Man.
He was second string since we have: Holton, I Johnson, Milton, Griffin, and Noble out.
Second team defense had quite a few walk ons getting reps

I didn't realize Frost had changed positions. Thanks.

:frown:

042013_tech_football_JC7.jpg

holland frost had a hell of a game.

just as i predicted earlier, the 1st string d would win. the first string o picked up where they left off last year. they didn't seem to be able to run the triple. if snoddy had caught that dump pass it could have been a blowout.

the third string qb, whom i had not been impressed by, looked very good running the triple against the 2nd string d. i assume the second string d is a big dropoff from the first string.

the o is "deeper" but part of that is the top players arent exceptional yet. andrews looked good with the ball today. collins iirc was ripping the dive.

1st string d looks good. we have some pro talent i think in the secondary.

QB's looked awful other than Byerly who didn't do much. Waller looked massive which is about the only thing going for him

QB's looked awful other than Byerly who didn't do much. Waller looked massive which is about the only thing going for him

What? I thought the QB's did exceptionally well considering the terrible pass protection and having no one at receiver with the ability to get open.

What? I thought the QB's did exceptionally well considering the terrible pass protection and having no one at receiver with the ability to get open.

Pretty much this.
God lay thy hands upon Autry and Henry. Let our passing game's will be done. Amen.

Wtf....I have never heard such complete two sided opinions on QB play...was it good or not!!

part of the reason the pass protection sucked was those guys couldnt run the triple and ended up with a lot of obvious passing downs. also part ,but not all ,of the reason the wrs couldnt get open is the triple wasnt effective enough to distract the dbs.

Minor observations:

I had heard good things about this Holland Frost as the scout team QB last year, but tonight he was on fire playing at safety. The guy is a football player, he needs to be on the field. If he needs a spot, bench Carlson or Johnson.

Waller better get his mind rite. He's got the measurables, now make some plays! Same goes for our other WRs, though I know some of them are walk-on's they got to fill in for the injured.

Snoddy, can CPJ figure out a position to use his speed? BB ain't working. We got too many ABs, but that could be a better fit for him.

I liked Golden's intensity tonight. If plays like that this Fall, I may forget the poor tackling last year.

Back