anyone covering spring game?

I am not encouraged by your reports. Most telling was that we had to throw in passing situations because we couldn't execute the triple option effectively. If we don't run that well, why would we stay with this offense? I really like Vad Lee the QB, I just think he is made for running a spread offense from a shotgun with a one back that uses a read option. That was what he did at Hillside and he was terrific. That's a very different skill set required than what is needed for an under center guy running a triple option down the line. If Justin is better at the TO, and we are going to keep our base offense, he should play. If CPJ ever gets a truly great triple option QB at Tech, and I maintain we have yet to have one, our offense will be unstoppable. So far I would rate our QB's effectiveness in game situations at running the TO as:
1. Shaw
1a. Nesbitt
3. Washington
4. Lee

5. Booker - painful memory.
I certainly think both Joshua, Tevin, and Vad are better overall QB's than Jaybo, but Jaybo could run the triple option play very well. His problems were fumbled snaps and injury from big hits.
:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::biggthumpup:

Was it when he came in against that monster Missy St, steamrolled Duke, or the work he put in down at Southern?

It's strange how well he performed when behind a competent offensive line that understood that you must occasionally block an opponent.

Unfortunately, that skill doesn't seem too relevant at Georgia Tech. If it was, Tevin would be remembered in a much better light.

I would have to assume that with a little practice CPJ or our former qb coach in a walk through could read and perform an option play perfectly. I don't want either of them as the qb next year.

ZIBv3lG.jpg

Good! Adaptation, improvisation, but our QB's weakness is not their technique . . .

Back