Apologies from Georgia Southern

oldfart

Varsity Lurker
Dear Tech fans, I am going to apologize for two things in advance:
First I'd like to apologize for any misconceptions you have concerning Georgia Southern.
We are NOT Georgia State. Nobody wants to be them, they suck. We are Georgia Southern. Our mascot is the Bald Eagle and his name is Freedom. Our mascot is NOT some endangered kitty cat that is reminiscent of an minority activist organization popular in the 60's. Our colors are Blue and White. Not some pansy royal blue a pimp in your downtown area might wear. Our colors are navy and white and our uniform scheme is similar to Alabama, except in blue.
We no longer run PJ's option. We run a hybrid pistol set and we have a QB that can fly and pass. This will NOT be the offense that faced UF last year. Finally the last misconception is the most concerning to me. Most of us hate thUGA with a passion. There are some folks in Statesboro that haven't seen the light but the majority of our fans root for two favorite teams every Saturday: Georgia Southern and whoever is playing thUGA so please refrain from that sort of blasphemy when addressing Southern fans. Thank You.
The second thing is this: We are coming to Atlanta Saturday to collect a payout AND win this öööö game- not necessarily in that order so yall had better bring your "A" game. We play fast, we hit hard and we have had this game circled on our calendar for quite some time. That said, I can't wait to see the AJC Sunday morning. I may break my rule and actually have to go buy one. See you Saturday.

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Dear Tech fans, I am going to apologize for two things in advance:
First I'd like to apologize for any misconceptions you have concerning Georgia Southern.
We are NOT Georgia State. Nobody wants to be them, they suck. We are Georgia Southern. Our mascot is the Bald Eagle and his name is Freedom. Our mascot is NOT some endangered kitty cat that is reminiscent of an minority activist organization popular in the 60's. Our colors are Blue and White. Not some pansy royal blue a pimp in your downtown area might wear. Our colors are navy and white and our uniform scheme is similar to Alabama, except in blue.
We no longer run PJ's option. We run a hybrid pistol set and we have a QB that can fly and pass. This will NOT be the offense that faced UF last year. Finally the last misconception is the most concerning to me. Most of us hate thUGA with a passion. There are some folks in Statesboro that haven't seen the light but the majority of our fans root for two favorite teams every Saturday: Georgia Southern and whoever is playing thUGA so please refrain from that sort of blasphemy when addressing Southern fans. Thank You.
The second thing is this: We are coming to Atlanta Saturday to collect a payout AND win this öööö game- not necessarily in that order so yall had better bring your "A" game. We play fast, we hit hard and we have had this game circled on our calendar for quite some time. That said, I can't wait to see the AJC Sunday morning. I may break my rule and actually have to go buy one. See you Saturday.

You get an A+

please refrain from that sort of blasphemy when addressing Southern fans.

Don't tell me what to do. :biggrin:

I assure you, Mr. Fart, that we know who you are. In fact, I believe that we know you better than you know us if your optimism is any indication.

Enjoy your pregame, because that's the last fun you will have all day.

I apologize for thinking all Southern fans are retarts with STDs. I still think that to be true but I apologize for your plights. Sometimes life just ain't fair.

Bullshit. I'm in savannah and go to statesboro often. Nearly every Southern fan and/or grad I know is also a huge uga fan. When in statesboro I see tons of student cars with the uga G somewhere on it. There are a few that do not like or hate uga, but it is a substantial minority in my experience.

Dang, looks like Southern lost to Wofford last year. And barely beat Chattanooga, I was at that game and thought the Eagles looked awful. If that is any indication of their defense this year, we will easily cover that 24 point spread.

Bullshit. I'm in savannah and go to statesboro often. Nearly every Southern fan and/or grad I know is also a huge uga fan. When in statesboro I see tons of student cars with the uga G somewhere on it. There are a few that do not like or hate uga, but it is a substantial minority in my experience.

They get so butthurt about this too

I apologize for thinking all Southern fans are retarts with STDs. I still think that to be true but I apologize for your plights. Sometimes life just ain't fair.

Not all have STDs... Just the women. I believe the large percentage of male fans who prefer the company of farm animals may be STD free.

Am I doing this right? I can't wait for this game to be over so I can go back to being indifferent toward Southern fans.

You should stay out of the bad neighborhoods when you come to the 'boro. All you have to do is sit in Paulson on Saturday and listen to the scores announced. If thUGA is trailing, we cheer wildly. If they are winning, everyone boos. I know THIS to be a fact.

edit: meh too mean.

I would add one other thing. My daughter attends Southern, and she doesn't even go to football games after going to a couple. She said the football is just terrible. I guess GT has spoiled her in that regard.

Dang, looks like Southern lost to Wofford last year. And barely beat Chattanooga, I was at that game and thought the Eagles looked awful. If that is any indication of their defense this year, we will easily cover that 24 point spread.

Completely different year, coach and we have most everyone healthy, but keep thinking that.

Completely different year, coach and we have most everyone healthy, but keep thinking that.

Yeah, everything changes. If you had managed to beat the worst team in the ACC I might agree with you. We will wear you down and run the ball down your throats.

I do admire your optimism though. All of our old men fans are the most cynical bunch of assholes around.

Fact: 1 in 4 Southern students have visited the on-campus medical center to address an STD

Fact: Statesboro is a cesspool of redneck sisterööööers that couldn't meet the UGA admission requirements

Fact: GT feels sorry that your school is continually confused with an urban commuter school with a ööööö cat mascot that is polluted with homeless vagrants

Good luck on Saturday. Carry on.

Awesome. So when are you guys going to shut the öööö up about the Florida game that was a "completely different year, coach "?

I would add one other thing. My daughter attends Southern, and she doesn't even go to football games after going to a couple. She said the football is just terrible. I guess GT has spoiled her in that regard.

Wow, a smart goodlooking daughter that knows nothing about football. Who knew?

Back