Are cracks developing in Geoff’s plan?

Collins was hired to recruit his ass off and raise the talent level at Tech. For the first 1.5 recruiting years, he seems to have done just that.

This year seems different. Is it COVID related? Or are some fundamental flaws in Collins starting to become apparent?

If Collins can’t recruit, then we’re screwed. These coaches aren’t gonna out scheme anyone. Especially not Paterdude.
Compared to recruiting success of 1.5 years, this year is too few samples for me. Let it play out, long time till signing day in December. The overall body of evidence for good recruiting is still solid.

As far as offense, it has been horrid, but we are changing schemes and will be bringing up a lot of new talent, even this year. Let it play out, I'm not expecting a crisp offense until 2021 season. Improvements this year would be sweet, but the schedule is tough.

Because it’s half assed unlike your usual work. It seems different this year? CNN might make you their chief editor with that level of analysis.

He's been off his game since his AJ post was busted.

Collins was hired to recruit his ass off and raise the talent level at Tech. For the first 1.5 recruiting years, he seems to have done just that.

This year seems different. Is it COVID related? Or are some fundamental flaws in Collins starting to become apparent?

If Collins can’t recruit, then we’re screwed. These coaches aren’t gonna out scheme anyone. Especially not Paterdude.
source.gif

Retards L'round.

UNC has one player committed outside the state of NC, but it is the OT we wanted from TN.

Other than that, ya, I'm not sure how you can conclude anything but our recruiting is sucking ass so far this year. It can all change, but so far, we have a couple of tweeners and underrated (?) guys.
Exactly. I was disapointed that we did not get the OT from Brentwood Academy given the Brandon Adams connection and the Ryan Johnson connection. However, Mack Brown grew up in Tennessee and his brother coached at Vanderbilt and Tennessee Tech.
Collins will have another solid recruiting class. The one positive from the Chinese virus is that we have the most Tech savvy recruiting staff in college football.

It’s way too early to tell. Heck, Georgia is 12th and Bama 50th. They will both be in the top 3 by February.

I think diseqc is looking in his rear view mirror and seeing Zulu gaining on him.

so many cracks. His plan is basically reduced to the San Andreas Fault at this point. May as well call it the Ring of Fire Geoff Collins.

Exactly. I was disapointed that we did not get the OT from Brentwood Academy given the Brandon Adams connection and the Ryan Johnson connection. However, Mack Brown grew up in Tennessee and his brother coached at Vanderbilt and Tennessee Tech.
Collins will have another solid recruiting class. The one positive from the Chinese virus is that we have the most Tech savvy recruiting staff in college football.
we haven't NOT gotten anybody yet.

1/2 the kids that are committed right now will sign elsewhere!

PJ wouldn’t invest in bag men
CGC must still be looking for one

Back