Are cracks developing in Geoff’s plan?

Only difference I can see between this year and last up to this point has been that last year we had a wave of signings following the spring game, which obviously wasn't a possibility this year. Other than Miles Brooks, our major signings last year came towards the end of May or later.

It's possible that the quarantine will hurt Collins more than it would hurt a coach who can rely more on recent achievements or program prestige, as I think our staff is particularly effective when they can visit players in person... but it's too early to affirmatively reach that conclusion, and I suspect we will be happy with the class come December/February.

Only difference I can see between this year and last up to this point has been that last year we had a wave of signings following the spring game, which obviously wasn't a possibility this year. Other than Miles Brooks, our major signings last year came towards the end of May or later.

It's possible that the quarantine will hurt Collins more than it would hurt a coach who can rely more on recent achievements or program prestige, as I think our staff is particularly effective when they can visit players in person... but it's too early to affirmatively reach that conclusion, and I suspect we will be happy with the class come December/February.

Dang. I forgot about the early signing period. If we don't start games until November I am guessing more kids put off pulling the trigger?

If college doesn't start until then, will high school seniors get stuck relying on junior film? There will not be a HS season, and no camps at all for evals.

Staff evals are going to be huge for next signing day. Reruiting sites shouldn't even rank classes this season, complete WAG.

What happens to college admissions with schools going virtual/canceling the rest of the school year?

Pretty sure in the non-distant future that the NCAA will be replaced by some group of Power 5 teams who will determine player bidding is fine and maintaining grades isn’t really important. Sort of how it is now but without anything hidden or under the table.

Pretty sure in the non-distant future that the NCAA will be replaced by some group of Power 5 teams who will determine player bidding is fine and maintaining grades isn’t really important. Sort of how it is now but without anything hidden or under the table.

I see a big paradigm shift as well.

Or the NFL starts a legit minor league similar to NBA.....

How is it just ruffling feathers?

Look at our competition. They’re getting commits from in our state that we wanted. Muschamp is floundering and still pulling our top of the list guys away from us. Mack is literally making Geoff his bitch.

And we’ve got a dude with a Waffle House cup.

And I remember a QB named Sims that was committed to fsu.

I will side with CGC.

Also it should be noted that UNC got off to a red hot start to recruiting last year too, and there were at least one or two skeptics on here making the same comparisons.

Collins has some reasons recruiting will be harder this year. The most important difference is this class saw his team go 3-9 last year. I understand the reasons for that. We lost to UGA by 45. The ‘20 class was committing early based solely on his energy and enthusiasm. There were no on the field negatives. The ‘21 class saw us play pretty poorly last year and hear oddsmakers setting our over/under at 2.5 for this season.

Also, Collins is really handcuffed by COVID-19 making recruiting different. His incredible passion in recruiting cannot be experienced the same way last year’s group experienced.

So, I would say to Disecq that #1 it is early and #2 not matching last year’s recruiting success should come as no surprise. The hope is that the ‘21 team will have better talent ready to play and have some success. Once we have some on field success the recruiting energy will return. This rebuild is going to be a long haul.

The answer is that our coaches are great recruiters, but haven't been allowed to recruit... They are likable, their energy is infectious, they can really sell Tech and Atlanta, they relate to today's teen, on and on and on...

Basically signing day was early February and there was a dead period until the end of March. By the time that dead period was over we were starting spring practice. After a few practices China ööööed us. All showcase/recruiting camps were halted, and all recruiting activities were forced to stop by the NCAA overlords.

For closers like our staff, the inability to get around kids has certainly hurt. Tech doesn't recruiting itself like some of the programs we're being compared against. We aren't a big state school like UNC or Georgia. Our recent on-field football performance hasn't been very sexy. We require our great recruiting coaches to be around kids and RECRUIT them!!! That hasn't been happening. None of the commitments at this point are binding. As things open back up and our coaches get the opportunity to meet kids and sell them on Tech, recruiting will improve and there will be flips... And F* Vegas. Y'all all better be pounding an over 2.5 wins line. That's easy money.

The answer is that our coaches are great recruiters, but haven't been allowed to recruit... They are likable, their energy is infectious, they can really sell Tech and Atlanta, they relate to today's teen, on and on and on...

Basically signing day was early February and there was a dead period until the end of March. By the time that dead period was over we were starting spring practice. After a few practices China ööööed us. All showcase/recruiting camps were halted, and all recruiting activities were forced to stop by the NCAA overlords.

For closers like our staff, the inability to get around kids has certainly hurt. Tech doesn't recruiting itself like some of the programs we're being compared against. We aren't a big state school like UNC or Georgia. Our recent on-field football performance hasn't been very sexy. We require our great recruiting coaches to be around kids and RECRUIT them!!! That hasn't been happening. None of the commitments at this point are binding. As things open back up and our coaches get the opportunity to meet kids and sell them on Tech, recruiting will improve and there will be flips... And F* Vegas. Y'all all better be pounding an over 2.5 wins line. That's easy money.
How come other schools have been able to get commits during this time period while our coaches couldn’t?

Because their schools recruit themselves more so than Tech. I covered this. We need our coaches to get back to visiting high schools and hosting kids on campus.

Because their schools recruit themselves more so than Tech. I covered this. We need our coaches to get back to visiting high schools and hosting kids on campus.
Ah yes. South Carolina. A school that recruits itself. :bfd:

He's so innovative with his sales pitch he flips the script on everyone and must go old school.
I like Geoff. I really do.

But if anyone isn’t concerned about the 2021 class, they’re just fooling themselves.

Back